23/24 STs now on sale

13 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Chesterfield sold 3500 so will be on par with them if we sell a few more tomorrow.Great effort by latics fans as ever.

it does bug me a bit they seem to just be a bit ahead of us all the time at present. best not carry into the final league table!

58 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

it does bug me a bit they seem to just be a bit ahead of us all the time at present. best not carry into the final league table!

That was last season….think we sold near to 4000.

Grandson had just turned up and due to having attended "a few" matches last season with the Athleticos has persuaded me to buy his first season ticket, a few hours before the early bird offer comes to an end

Success at last

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, another fan said:

Grandson had just turned up and due to having attended "a few" matches last season with the Athleticos has persuaded me to buy his first season ticket, a few hours before the early bird offer comes to an end

Success at last

My kids both getting one. Might not come to too many especially when it's proper oldham weather but can't grumble at 25 each

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

My kids both getting one. Might not come to too many especially when it's proper oldham weather but can't grumble at 25 each

That is proper pricing, get em young and the athleticos play their part with creating the atmo that young kids want to join. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I had to wait until mine turned 16 before he became interested, Athletico mates at school?. If so good on them

6 hours ago, daniel said:

Hit 3000 for next season today. Early bird finishes tomorrow, so don’t expect loads more unless they extend it. 
Be interesting to see comparisons to last seasons numbers. Heard 2700 and also 4000+ for last season, so quite a big gap in numbers reported. 

I'm slightly surprised at that and thought it might be more but I suppose some existing season ticket holders are yet to renew. I wonder how many sold are full price. I've talked to people who don't intend to go every week so have bought a kids ticket so they can go, pay full price on the day but have a guaranteed seat. I turn 65 this year so have got a pensioners ticket for £175 which compares very favourably with the offer from other NL clubs.

15 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

£64 saving to buy a luxury item FOUR MONTHS before you need it when youve got summer to pay for is not a be all and end all situation.

Massive numbers them, Frank must be delighted and no valid reason they won't continue to climb for the next three months or more.

its just more feel good news from the club, that is all.

Good to see the Monty positivity boat is steaming ahead 👍

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 3:48 PM, yarddog73 said:

I thought we may have shifted more if I'm honest .... although ST sales will help I'm not sure the monies are a necessity in the same way they were in years gone by.

On 5/4/2023 at 4:08 PM, nzlatic said:

The Rothwells have already invested so much it seems unfair if anyone was to not buy one now just because we have better owners. Nonsensical even.

Yarddog makes a valid point I think.

From a financial perspective (and IF cash-flow isn't seen as an absolute necessity in the "close season") then season tickets (and early bird offers particularly) are not actually very good business. To illustrate, let's take a stable "home" attendance every game of 6,000 fans and let's split the fanbase 30%, 20%, 25% and 25% across the various ages/price bands.

If all 6,000 fans had an early bird season ticket, then the equivalent matchday turnstile income from home attendance would be £38,031, which extrapolates to £874,713 per season.

If all 6,000 fans turned up and paid on the day, matchday turnstile income more than doubles to £77,100, which extrapolates to £1,773,300 per season. Even accepting higher overheads for handling some cash etc, it's a massive difference and would provide much more room for better wages/players etc.

So, all things being equal, there is a strong argument to be made that the best way to financially support your club is to attend every game and pay on the day. That's the most beneficial support of all in financial terms.

I know "real world" factors come in to play but in strict financial terms, season ticket holders are not the financial saviours that they are often portrayed to be - or like to see themselves. Let's be honest, you buy an early bird season ticket to save yourself some dosh NOT as some noble gesture to financially support your club. If supporting your club financially was your true motive, then you'd happily pay £552 for your adult season ticket (i.e. the POTD price x 23 matches).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

From a financial perspective (and IF cash-flow isn't seen as an absolute necessity in the "close season") then season tickets (and early bird offers particularly) are not actually very good business. To illustrate, let's take a stable "home" attendance every game of 6,000 fans and let's split the fanbase 30%, 20%, 25% and 25% across the various ages/price bands.

If all 6,000 fans had an early bird season ticket, then the equivalent matchday turnstile income from home attendance would be £38,031, which extrapolates to £874,713 per season.

If all 6,000 fans turned up and paid on the day, matchday turnstile income more than doubles to £77,100, which extrapolates to £1,773,300 per season. Even accepting higher overheads for handling some cash etc, it's a massive difference and would provide much more room for better wages/players etc.

So, all things being equal, there is a strong argument to be made that the best way to financially support your club is to attend every game and pay on the day. That's the most beneficial support of all in financial terms.

I know "real world" factors come in to play but in strict financial terms, season ticket holders are not the financial saviours that they are often portrayed to be - or like to see themselves. Let's be honest, you buy an early bird season ticket to save yourself some dosh NOT as some noble gesture to financially support your club. If supporting your club financially was your true motive, then you'd happily pay £552 for your adult season ticket (i.e. the POTD price x 23 matches).

Season ticket holders are the bedrock of a football clubs match going income. They are effectively any clubs best customers and should be treated as such but they are not saviours granted.

The buying of a season ticket is obviously a 2 way thing. The incentive is for the club to get people to buy them to commit to attending. Like any business they would rather have the money in the bank now rather than hope it comes in drips and drabs over the year so they can put the cash to good use now particularly at a time when they are planning for the next season. For us the fans getting an overall discount to go to the match compared to paying on the day is beneficial.

While under the Rothwells we aren't in the situation of previous owners where we need the money now as the wolves are at the door. They still will want that money in. They put £5million in last season they will want that £5million to go as far as possible. So the more Season Tickets, match day tickets, merchandise, sponsorship etc they get, then the greater the chance of success and the better quality of player we will get. I've never bought the arguement that owners don't need season ticket sales they will and they will want to sell as many as possible as it will make their lives easier interms of growing the club.

The incentive for us as supporters is not so much as its noble act but the fact we are getting value for money. This season I believe that overall that has been the case and next season with a promotion chasing I think it will be more so.

Edited by GlossopLatic

You’ve completely ignored what is probably the main benefit to the club of season tickets - it enables them to budget properly for the season. It’s a known factor as the money will have been collected largely prior to agreeing new contracts. 

Pay on the day income is an unknown variable. 

• Like 2

You buying or bought one?

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Good post.  

Season tickets do three things in my view. Reward the die hards who never miss a game, bring some much needed revenue to help cover May - July with no football. Help to give an estimated budget to the manager. 

However, it’s interesting to note that even if you only attend 10 home games as POTD you’re actually giving more financial support than an early bird season ticket holder, and that takes some of the stigma away from non season ticket holders. We’re all contributing. 

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Good post.  

Season tickets do three things in my view. Reward the die hards who never miss a game, bring some much needed revenue to help cover May - July with no football. Help to give an estimated budget to the manager. 

However, it’s interesting to note that even if you only attend 10 home games as POTD you’re actually giving more financial support than an early bird season ticket holder, and that takes some of the stigma away from non season ticket holders. We’re all contributing. 

Season tickets are a guaranteed income for the club, that's why they push them. If I hadn't bought a season ticket would I have paid on the day to watch was pretty poor fayre this season. As it turns out I only attended half the home games but the club had my money for a full season, I have bought another for next season knowing I might only attend slightly more than half. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Season tickets are a guaranteed income for the club, that's why they push them. If I hadn't bought a season ticket would I have paid on the day to watch was pretty poor fayre this season. As it turns out I only attended half the home games but the club had my money for a full season, I have bought another for next season knowing I might only attend slightly more than half. 

They had your reduced guaranteed income for the season. If, as you say you hadn’t got one. You would’ve paid more into the club last season by POTD. 

Which is better? 

Reduced known income. 

Higher intermittent income. 

Answer- None, both are needed. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They had your reduced guaranteed income for the season. If, as you say you hadn’t got one. You would’ve paid more into the club last season by POTD. 

Which is better? 

Reduced known income. 

Higher intermittent income. 

Answer- None, both are needed. 

If I hadn't bought a ST there is no way I would have paid for more than 6 games as Unsworths football was shite, so the club ended up winning in my case. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Or put it another way. 

Would the club want 6000 season tickets paying a reduced known income. 

Or 3000 paying less and 3000 paying full whack. 

It’s a no brainer. 

I would say the 6k St's every time. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

If I hadn't bought a ST there is no way I would have paid for more than 6 games as Unsworths football was shite, so the club ended up winning in my case. 

Aye, that’s a fair point. 

But that cuts both ways. 

If we had been really good to watch POTD would hardly miss. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I would say the 6k St's every time. 

As above it’s a big risk. 

If the football or results are poor, then it’s happy days. (As in your case) 

If the football is great and everyone is watching very cheaply you’d have no way to capitalise on it. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Aye, that’s a fair point. 

But that cuts both ways. 

If we had been really good to watch POTD would hardly miss. 

As above it’s a big risk. 

If the football or results are poor, then it’s happy days. (As in your case) 

If the football is great and everyone is watching very cheaply you’d have no way to capitalise on it. 

I'd say if the 6k St's is your income then the football is fantastic (unlikely under Unsworth) then you get another 2k to pod to see what all the fuss is about. Give me the 6k to begin with every time. 

Edited by disjointed
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'd say if the 6k St's is your income then the football is fantastic (unlikely under Unsworth) then you get another 2k to pod to see what all the fuss is about. Give me the 6k to begin with every time. 

yeah lm going with this theory