23/24 STs now on sale

6 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Yes. I don’t mind development and open to changes but not handled well and could have been done better in my opinion. I got an email 24hrs before they went on sale. 

It’s a shame as I’d have liked to have seen where people who sit around me are relocating to before committing as you form a community on match days with those people but don’t always have contact away from match days!

Have a chat with them on Saturday or next Tuesday 👍

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Yes. I don’t mind development and open to changes but not handled well and could have been done better in my opinion. I got an email 24hrs before they went on sale. 

You’ve got 4 weeks to pick seats haven’t you?

21 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Any other pissed off main stand paddock dwellers on here after struggling to find decent replacement seats following the limited notice from the club about the closure?

No. we aren't even arsed that we have blindly misstepped onto a morality raft punting us out to a sinking wicker basket supporting genocide and human rights abuses, just as everybody else is getting diving off and swimming for the shore!!!

in terms of pricing tho, absolutely excellent. l probably would have bought two if l didnt have stupid morals 😢

keep your eyes on all exits/fences/pylons/oil rigs/ladders/flag poles et bc lm still coming, l just cant pay in babies blood.

• 2 weeks later...

Renewed in the end despite the football being dire, I'm hoping Unsworth is allowed the three or four quality players we need to turn us from a top 8 team in to real contenders, no reason at all for a long, long time that we shouldn't be genuinely optimistic going in to next season with high expectations. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l heard we were near 1500 sold which is amazin considering this season isnt even over

Pretty impressive indeed but we will need to sell another 2500 between now and 7th May to equal last season’s figure because unless we have showcased some stellar signings I can’t imagine many being sold after the early bird price has ended.

I think they may possibly extend it for another couple of weeks as they have done in previous seasons.

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Pretty impressive indeed but we will need to sell another 2500 between now and 7th May to equal last season’s figure because unless we have showcased some stellar signings I can’t imagine many being sold after the early bird price has ended.

I think they may possibly extend it for another couple of weeks as they have done in previous seasons.

Someone else at the last game mentioned we had sold 4000 this season, was that confirmed? I know we obviously sold more than usual but 4000 seems incredibly high. I read we had sold 2700 for this season.

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

its like £70 difference. some people wont even get paid between the prices being released and going up. its april, people have got a summer to play for first. loads of other reasons we will sell a similar anount and who cares if we dont they will just pay on the day.

🛳

• 2 weeks later...

Hit 3000 for next season today. Early bird finishes tomorrow, so don’t expect loads more unless they extend it. 
Be interesting to see comparisons to last seasons numbers. Heard 2700 and also 4000+ for last season, so quite a big gap in numbers reported. 

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

Hit 3000 for next season today. Early bird finishes tomorrow, so don’t expect loads more unless they extend it. 
Be interesting to see comparisons to last seasons numbers. Heard 2700 and also 4000+ for last season, so quite a big gap in numbers reported. 

I thought we may have shifted more if I'm honest but I don't think it's a bad thing given some will be paying more for the privilege if we can start off decent next season, although ST sales will help I'm not sure the monies are a necessity in the same way they were in years gone by.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I thought we may have shifted more if I'm honest but I don't think it's a bad thing given some will be paying more for the privilege if we can start off decent next season, although ST sales will help I'm not sure the monies are a necessity in the same way they were in years gone by.

I would say they're even more important now seeing as we can be sure it's going to be spent on making the club better on and off the field rather than being wasted on things like pointless vanity legal cases. 

The Rothwells have already invested so much it seems unfair if anyone was to not buy one now just because we have better owners. Nonsensical even.

Again, lots of people do not get paid between the early bird announcement and ending, plus the difference is £70 which is not much really.

3000 is impressive when this season hasnt even ended and we have about 1/4 of a year to excite people before the new season, well on track to beat last years figures.

30 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I would say they're even more important now seeing as we can be sure it's going to be spent on making the club better on and off the field rather than being wasted on things like pointless vanity legal cases. 

The Rothwells have already invested so much it seems unfair if anyone was to not buy one now just because we have better owners. Nonsensical even.

you may have misunderstood.

is he not saying people will still buy at the slightly higher price, rather than people will not buy?

3000 in May is absolutely amazing and puts us well on track to beat anything we have done this century.

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

you may have misunderstood.

is he not saying people will still buy at the slightly higher price, rather than people will not buy?

3000 in May is absolutely amazing and puts us well on track to beat anything we have done this century.

I was responding to the last bit about money not being as much of a necessity as previously. Presumably because the Rothwells are well off. 

£64 saving to buy a luxury item FOUR MONTHS before you need it when youve got summer to pay for is not a be all and end all situation.

Massive numbers them, Frank must be delighted and no valid reason they won't continue to climb for the next three months or more.

its just more feel good news from the club, that is all.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I was responding to the last bit about money not being as much of a necessity as previously. Presumably because the Rothwells are well off. 

over the summer he said. the squad base is in place and fag packet maths says theyve just had a £300K cash season ticket injection, with no legitimate reason to suggest that anybody has turned that particular money tap off, just that in about 26hours they will make it about 15%* more expensive to use.

*Monty Maths. anecdotaly worse than fag packet Maths by a factor of 2.

Edited by Monty Burns
added the word base

1 hour ago, daniel said:

At the start of the season it was 3,700 sold.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20620723.oldham-athletic-chairman-reacts-season-ticket-sales/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You’re only out by circa 500,000k 😁😉

l averaged the price at £100 to account for concessions and kids. with money l find it is always better to underestimate income and overestimate costs. propbably why l work for three months and then spend the rest of the year spamming up this site!!

Edited by Monty Burns
had to add the anecdote