23/24 STs now on sale

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

If the football is great and everyone is watching very cheaply you’d have no way to capitalise on it. 

If the 6k ST holders have funded better players and we're winning in style, we probably get 2k extra POTD coming in as a result

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I'd say if the 6k St's is your income then the football is fantastic (unlikely under Unsworth) then you get another 2k to pod to see what all the fuss is about. Give me the 6k to begin with every time. 

Yeah that :chubb:

• Like 2

already a week closer to the new season, when does it start?

the ST pushing has been good from the club and l hope it stays at the same level all summer, its good that the price doesnt go up now like it used to. we can genuinely push 'one of the cheapest in the league' and only mean the price of the ticket and not the image of the club anymore.

be brilliant to hit 4000 when it is still May..

Edited by Monty Burns
changed a comma for a full stop asif l understand sentences n shit

With the wording on the official site it doesn’t look likely that they’ll be extending the early bird offer.

It’s about 3 months before the 1st game so plenty of time to get that figure up towards 5k.

2 or 3 stellar signings would no doubt help the cause but whatever happens we now have a committed fan base and a sound financial footing for the club to be able to start the new season.

After what seems like an absolute age in the football wilderness this club is finally ready to go…….COYB!!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 6

We should hopefully be pushing to 5k. I think the marketing has been good so far, clearly using Frank as much as possible. 
I think it’s correct not to extend the early bird prices. They set a deadline and that’s that, no need to extend. 
Now sign Booty. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nzlatic said:

You’ve completely ignored what is probably the main benefit to the club of season tickets - it enables them to budget properly for the season.  

18 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You buying or bought one?

nz - I didn't completely ignore anything. I made reference to yarddog's post, where he (correctly in my view) pointed out that "close season income" may not be as critical now as it was under previous incompetent owners. I was merely setting out some cold, hard financials. 

fluffy my old mate - no I have not purchased one but will be attending via POTD from the first game. I went to the last game to say farewell to Peter Clarke - and enjoyed the experience. Realised I missed it all - suppose I always did really. I just hope DU encourages a better brand of football next season and/or more success. I think his performance last season was mediocre to say the least. Not swayed by a few meaningless end of season results. Let's see what he comes up with. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We should hopefully be pushing to 5k. I think the marketing has been good so far, clearly using Frank as much as possible. 
I think it’s correct not to extend the early bird prices. They set a deadline and that’s that, no need to extend. 
Now sign Booty. 

Why? I'd extend until the end of May. Some people might be paid at the end of the month and needed that extra wage packet to afford it. 

5 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Why? I'd extend until the end of May. Some people might be paid at the end of the month and needed that extra wage packet to afford it. 

Because it’s weak to move it when they have set the deadline. We have moved it historically because we panicked. If you extend it, you may aswell just have that as the price and scrap the “early bird” tag. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Because it’s weak to move it when they have set the deadline. We have moved it historically because we panicked. If you extend it, you may aswell just have that as the price and scrap the “early bird” tag. 

And why not? Position it as a gesture of goodwill in an uncertain economic climate. It's an easy write up.

£350 is still a good deal (if we're better than last season!) and anyone waiting until August has another 3 or 4 paydays to get the cash together.

A flash sale for a week at early bird prices after a couple of good signings might be worth considering though?

• Like 2

good season ticket take up also helps entice sponsors to work with the club "look mr tyre & exhaust company we have 3-4k season ticket holders in the ground each week  for you to reach so we are looking at £xxxxx per season to go on the eclectic hoardings etc 

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

And why not? Position it as a gesture of goodwill in an uncertain economic climate. It's an easy write up.

Because they have just offered the early bird prices as goodwill and that time has now passed ? 
Let’s throw in a scarf whilst they are at it. 

1 hour ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I would suggest the offer of goodwill expired at midnight

I'm not saying they're obliged to extend it. What they've done is fair. Sounds like some would be pissed off if they did extend it though.

40 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

People have had enough time since they bought their last one to save.  

Don't disagree and the club aren't out of order if they don't extend the deadline. If they did though, the only people it'd (positively) impact are those who bought later and saved themselves a few quid. 

Reminds me of the 'in for a quid' etc. No skin off anyone's noses. 

Edited by longtimeblue

4 hours ago, mick26 said:

£350 is still a good deal (if we're better than last season!) and anyone waiting until August has another 3 or 4 paydays to get the cash together.

A flash sale for a week at early bird prices after a couple of good signings might be worth considering though?

I would be pissed off if I'd paid full price a week before. Either extend or don't. Prices are fair either way and I don't think the club have done anything wrong.

Could make good business sense to extend though. Maths ain't a strong point but 1000 at £290 is better than 500 at £350. 

Just don't get the desire for the club to rigorously enforce the deadline. Doesn't make a difference.

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Don't disagree and the club aren't out of order if they don't extend the deadline. If they did though, the only people it'd (positively) impact are those who bought later and saved themselves a few quid. 

Reminds me of the 'in for a quid' etc. No skin off anyone's noses. 

Ye, no issue with them extending or keeping at that price. Was more disagreeing with other comments about paydays etc as a reason

• Like 1