Player and goal of the season

Norman has done a couple of mad things this season, but Keepers are supposed to be mad and l can think of five blinding saves plus at least 9 points he has won us. oh and the penalties. he should romp this and he probably doesnt expect it either.

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Love a team goal so Nuttall's for me

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We need better than Big Mike?  Really??

Reid v Maidstone GOTS.

Sheron POTS.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Fondop v Dorking obviously. 

Norman POTS. 

Torn between Fondop's brilliance at Dorking and Nuttall's team goal.

Also Norman or Sheron for POTS

Would throw Green in that mix too if he had been here earlier as other than big Mike, he has had the most impact of any of our players old or new.

Oooh Devarn Green.

I've gone for Fondop against Dorking as it was a moment of inspiration you don't see too many players at this level trying that never mind beautifully executing it. Quite liked Tollits strike against Torquay knowone is stopping that.

Player of the season is abit more complicated as we have hadva squad now that looks very different to the one that started the season (Only 3 players Norman Hogan and Sheron who started against Torquay in August started yesterday). In the first half of the season I'd go for Tollit. But his formed dipped in the 2nd half of the season. Fondop has been very good too but his form appears to have been in batches partly due to injuries and suspensions.

In the second half of the season the form of Kitching and Yarney has been very good but again because its only half a season I'm not sure they deserve to be crowned player of the season.

Their are only really 2 players who have been constants in the team this season from start to finish one is Magnus Norman and the other is Nathan Sheron. It would be fair to say Norman probably didn't have the greatest of starts in the opening few games he had a few moments where he looked a little ropey. But he's come on strong over the course of the season culminating in that performance away at Chesterfield and an England C call up.

Nathan Sheron has got better after he's now being played in his correct position. I'd imagine Sheron is the type of lad who is very much a team player and would play in whichever position you ask him too, not the most creative or accomplished of passers he will do the simple things he'll shield the back 4 win the ball back and give you a 100% hes even chipped in with a couple of important goals. 

I've gone for Norman.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

so you just going for the five players of the season then? what about Kitching?

its almost like we have got some good players and positive vibes n shit 😎

We may even have a decent manager...

With Kitching, I got it wrong originally. I thought that he was poor in his early games along with Chapman and then realised that it was Chapman making him look poor.

One of them proved me wrong and it wasn't Chapman

Add Reid to the now six POTS, and we have seven names that should start every game.

Fondop at Dorking for GOS.

I went with Yarney. I think he’s been a great signing and although it’s only been half a season I think he’s been a major reason in our improvement.
Could make arguments for Sheron, Kitching and Norman also. 
Hogan just misses out in these conversations, but he’s been excellent in these last 2 months, post Gateshead away when he cost us 2 goals. 

GOTS - Big Mike at Dorking but not too far ahead of his one at Aldershot and at Yeovil 

Special mention to Shelton who could have won it with his brilliant quick thinking from the half way line on Saturday!!

POTS - Magnus = Mr consistent 

Special mention to Yarney, Green and Kitching 

On 4/23/2023 at 5:45 PM, ceskylatic said:

GOTS: Fondop vs Dorking.

POTS: Sheron.

Yep, agreed. 

The reason I’d give it to him - is even when we were really struggling he was probably the only player who consistently gave at least a 7 out 10 performance.  All while playing in three different positions over the season.

Archived