Ground improvements

3 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

In 30 years as a season ticket holder, I have never had a reserved sticker on my seat.

Neither have I ever had anyone sat in my seat when I have arrived at it.

Mountains and mole hills comes to mind.  🫢

TBF to @BP1960 he has one of the best seats in the ground. I'd wager if it didn't have a reserved sticker on it, he'd have to ask someone to move 25% of the time. It only takes one person not to move. 

I have had someone "refuse" to move from my allocated ST seat because it didn't have a reserved sticker on it before. I've had someone else kick up a stink to move from my allocated seat.

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

TBF to @BP1960 he has one of the best seats in the ground. I'd wager if it didn't have a reserved sticker on it, he'd have to ask someone to move 25% of the time. It only takes one person not to move. 

I have had someone "refuse" to move from my allocated ST seat because it didn't have a reserved sticker on it before. I've had someone else kick up a stink to move from my allocated seat.

But with the greatest respect, does it matter? I have had people sat in my seat a lot of times. I usually find a seat within about 5 seats of mine with plenty of other options. It just seems strange to me. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

But with the greatest respect, does it matter? I have had people sat in my seat a lot of times. I usually find a seat within about 5 seats of mine with plenty of other options. It just seems strange to me. 

Fine if you come alone but if you're part of a group it can cause problems.

We are all individuals.

• Like 1

It matters more to some than to others, and if one has paid for a specific seat one is entitled to sit in that seat. I remember turning up at the Oval back in 1986 or 1987 - three of us - for an Ashes test, only to find a woman and two kids in our seats. She point blank refused to move despite repeated requests and showing her our tickets, and this went on for some time, inconveniencing spectators in the rows behind. Eventually a steward demanded to see her ticket and pointed out to her that she was in completely the wrong section of the stand. Now, we could have sat elsewhere, but then what if the people with tickets for those seats had turned up?

Unless clubs have unreserved seating and sell tickets on that basis, then BP1960 is entitled to get what he's paid for.

• Like 9

Just shows how far we have come in a very short period of time. 

From the shambles of many years of untold amounts of crap that we have had to endure. We are now having debates about stickers on seats. Happy days indeed. 😃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It happens to me several times a season, although if the supporter (I forget his name) who sits behind me arrives early he keeps an eye on the 'reserved' seats and kindly moves people on!

My seat is also at the end of a row, which I deliberately chose (many years ago) to give me a little more room. 

Maybe the season (ticket) cards should come with a peel-off 'reserved' sticker! 🙃

#StickerGate

15 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Anyone know (officially) why the fans in the main stand paddock (Chaddy road end) have been kicked out yet? 

It’s clear the dugout areas haven’t been overly extended so is it to move the away fans in there? 

I believe so for smaller away followings. Unsure how many it holds but i’d imagine at least 15 home games there’d be enough space, maybe more. 

37 minutes ago, daniel said:

I believe so for smaller away followings. Unsure how many it holds but i’d imagine at least 15 home games there’d be enough space, maybe more. 

I counted back end of last season and I'm sure it holds about 350 which like you say would be more than adequate for Rochdale and the like.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I counted back end of last season and I'm sure it holds about 350 which like you say would be more than adequate for Rochdale and the like.

Time to remind everyone that Rochdale brought more to Boundary Park than we took to Spotland in the 21/22 season...

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Time to remind everyone that Rochdale brought more to Boundary Park than we took to Spotland in the 21/22 season...

Officially yes, you are correct. But we all saw the picture of the away stand at Rochdale that season, and 1900 was complete bollocks in a stand that holds 3600…..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daniel said:

If that's the case, it's going to be shit if we aren't allowed to exit via the staircase leading down to the paddock and have to go back through the main stand instead.

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well perhaps if the club bothered to put stickers on seats, people would back the club more and we'd take more fans to support the team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

If that's the case, it's going to be shit if we aren't allowed to exit via the staircase leading down to the paddock and have to go back through the main stand instead.

Not too familiar with MSU as sit in paddock but I guess it’d still be fine for those sitting in the right hand side as they can use the stairway on the right hand side which is still being used by home fans. I guess staircase on the left would be closed off, but can you not leave via the back of the stand down the steps?

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Not too familiar with MSU as sit in paddock but I guess it’d still be fine for those sitting in the right hand side as they can use the stairway on the right hand side which is still being used by home fans. I guess staircase on the left would be closed off, but can you not leave via the back of the stand down the steps?

Yeah that's what I'm moaning about.  Exiting via the back of the stand is not exactly convenient 

38 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

There’s an exit to Furtherwood Road from the steps that you’re talking about.

31 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

There’s an exit to Furtherwood Road from the steps that you’re talking about.

I'd think they might close that off if away fans are being put in the chaddy side of the MSL.

Then again, isn't there only one turnstile for that paddock, I suppose they can open up some of the Chaddy ones and leave the gate between the two stands open.

12 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I'd think they might close that off if away fans are being put in the chaddy side of the MSL.

Then again, isn't there only one turnstile for that paddock, I suppose they can open up some of the Chaddy ones and leave the gate between the two stands open.

There are 2 turnstiles directly into that paddock. 

12 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I’m not sure they’d need to close it off altogether. There are two sets of steps on that side - the ones that take you towards the Chaddy End (which could be closed) and a flight immediately to your left as you leave the stand which exit onto the road.

On 7/13/2023 at 9:07 AM, Ackey said:

With 'Read Receipt' turned on. And a passive aggressive 'Dear Sirs" opening gambit. 

They'll be shitting themselves. 

check the clubs email address too.

I recently replied back to the eticket one and got an auto reply from Karl Evans...saying  he no longer works for the company.....yikes

I promptly forwarded it on to supporter services instead. Luckily, that one was true