Unsworth - “We have a core group of 19-20 players.”

So here’s my interpretation of who’s in, and who’s out….

1. Norman

2. Hudson

3. Sutton

4. Shelton

5. Hobson

6. Hogan

7. Kitching

8. Sheron

9. Couto

10. Gardner

11. Lundstram

12. Tollitt

13. Green

14. Ward

15. Hope

16. Fondop

17. Reid

18. Willoughby

19. Nuttall

20. McGahey ( Recovering from injury) 

Out:

Rotweiler

Rooney

Burgess 

Windass

Luamba

“Still 2 or 3 to be added plus loans.”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

1. Norman

2. Hudson

3. Sutton

4. Shelton

5. Hobson

6. Hogan

7. Kitching

8. Sheron

9. Couto

10. Gardner

11. Lundstram

12. Tollitt

13. Green

14. Ward

15. Hope

16. Fondop

17. Reid

18. Willoughby

19. Nuttall

Out:

Rotweiler

Rooney

Burgess 

Windass

Luamba

Spot on.

1.RB

2.CB

3.LW (loan)

4.CAM(loan)

24 minutes ago, hollandspies said:

1. Norman

2. Hudson

3. Sutton

4. Shelton

5. Hobson

6. Hogan

7. Kitching

8. Sheron

9. Couto

10. Gardner

11. Lundstram

12. Tollitt

13. Green

14. Ward

15. Hope

16. Fondop

17. Reid

18. Willoughby

19. Nuttall

Out:

Rotweiler

Rooney

Burgess 

Windass

Luamba

Yep. 

Be interesting to see what happens with Rooney, because others clubs must know about his attitude so he might be difficult to love on. Equally,  if he can sort his head out he’s still more than good enough for this level. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yep. 

Be interesting to see what happens with Rooney, because others clubs must know about his attitude so he might be difficult to love on. Equally,  if he can sort his head out he’s still more than good enough for this level. 

Can see him going to Altrincham and ripping it up as they finish 11th

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

I would absolutely love Gardner to be able to contribute to the team this season. He is a class above the rest of the squad.

Him being fit would be pretty much our best signing!

Unfortunately, I don't think he will be....

He's not been a "class above" for many years.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hollandspies said:

1. Norman

2. Hudson

3. Sutton

4. Shelton

5. Hobson

6. Hogan

7. Kitching

8. Sheron

9. Couto

10. Gardner

11. Lundstram

12. Tollitt

13. Green

14. Ward

15. Hope

16. Fondop

17. Reid

18. Willoughby

19. Nuttall

Out:

Rotweiler

Rooney

Burgess 

Windass

Luamba

I'd agree with that. The only question for me is Hope or Rooney. Rooney can give us more in terms of quality, but Hope is a grafter and a team player. Rooney is stroppy. McGahey should leave when he recovers. I think we need 2 players for every position, plus a couple who can offer us something different. So I think we need two RBs, one CB and two wide players. Rhino was a bit vague (19-20, plus two in asap and then maybe a couple of loans later on).

Either way, we have the vast majority of the squad in place, and I can't remember the last time that happened. Didn't we have to recruit 22-23 players when Robinson was made manager? As for last year, I'm still waiting for the stellar signings...

8 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

I would absolutely love Gardner to be able to contribute to the team this season. He is a class above the rest of the squad.

He is dynamic, has an excellent first touch, always looks to create & move forward, but unfortunately he consistently gives the ball away more than any other player.

If he could just slow it down a little and keep the ball better he wouldn’t be down here in the National League!!

He could be a brilliant player at this level but he’s not going to change or improve at this stage of his career.

I would offload him if possible as he’s hardly likely to get a kick here next season!

11 hours ago, hollandspies said:

1. Norman

2. Hudson

3. Sutton

4. Shelton

5. Hobson

6. Hogan

7. Kitching

8. Sheron

9. Couto

10. Gardner

11. Lundstram

12. Tollitt

13. Green

14. Ward

15. Hope

16. Fondop

17. Reid

18. Willoughby

19. Nuttall

Out:

Rotweiler

Rooney

Burgess 

Windass

Luamba

looks pretty impressive.

lm still holding out hope for Rooney to be involved. he would be ahead of Hope, Gardner n Tollit for me, but Rhino has explicitly said Tollit will be involved which yeah fine he is more than capable of making a contribution.

1 hour ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Couldn’t disagree more. 

Injury prone. 
Gives the ball away for fun.

He’s a myth. 

Get rid. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

looks pretty impressive.

lm still holding out hope for Rooney to be involved. he would be ahead of Hope, Gardner n Tollit for me, but Rhino has explicitly said Tollit will be involved which yeah fine he is more than capable of making a contribution.

And 4 youths who will hopefully make an impact.

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

And 4 youths who will hopefully make an impact.

not necessarily l dont think, rushing youth into the team days are behind us now. unless they are clearly exceptional then we should only really see them in stuff like the FA Trophy and from the bench when winning. develop them properly into actual players rather than either starting the process for somebody else or completely ruining a prospect. or, obviously, instantly selling the cream all the time. we all must be pissed off with seeing all three eventualities far too often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Couldn’t disagree more. 

Injury prone. 
Gives the ball away for fun.

He’s a myth. 

Get rid. 

3 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

I’m a bit torn with him, he can change a game, hes got energy , but he’s made of meringue and his misplaced passing is frustrating, 

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

He is dynamic, has an excellent first touch, always looks to create & move forward, but unfortunately he consistently gives the ball away more than any other player.

If he could just slow it down a little and keep the ball better he wouldn’t be down here in the National League!!

He could be a brilliant player at this level but he’s not going to change or improve at this stage of his career.

I would offload him if possible as he’s hardly likely to get a kick here next season!

Shelton definitely gives the ball away more

9 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

There is a rumour of a swap deal involving Tollit for Golden. Not sure how much truth is in that.Would love Johnny Smith back.

Would be a good deal for us. Problem position filled and Tollitt's profile doesn't fit in with the Manager's mantra so it's doubtful he'd get much, if any game time.

8 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Never seen a player so weak in a tackle and the amount of times he gave the ball away last season was awful. Unfortunately it’s a no for me. 

2 hours ago, penrhyn said:

There is a rumour of a swap deal involving Tollit for Golden. Not sure how much truth is in that.Would love Johnny Smith back.

I doubt this. I think Tollitt will be used from the bench. He’s a luxury player for me, but he has to work on his game off the ball. He was a massive weakness defensively, struggled to pick up runners on throw ins and a piss poor tackler. However, with a game locked at 0-0 with us well on top he’s a great attacking option to sling on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I doubt this. I think Tollitt will be used from the bench. He’s a luxury player for me, but he has to work on his game off the ball. He was a massive weakness defensively, struggled to pick up runners on throw ins and a piss poor tackler. However, with a game locked at 0-0 with us well on top he’s a great attacking option to sling on.

Have to agree. he's a lazy git. Doesn't back-track. Saw it time and time again. But, he has attacking/creative ability. Impact player. We need to be able to mix it up. When it's 0-0, he can pull off a worldy.

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Shelton definitely gives the ball away more

Nah not having that, Gardner last season must have had the worst pass completion by a country mile, saying that he was playing with a bunch of chumps most weeks, I'd like to see him in with better footballers but suspect Unsworths seen enough.