Mansfield

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Green only gives you 45 minutes

Hobson ain't no rightback

Still missing someone to play through,

Wards passing is on a par with Shelton and Sheron's - shite.

We are in danger of alienating another kid whose done fuck all to deserve it - Sutton.

Kitching has looked poor pre season particularly defensively.

Fondop/Nuttall you may as well play two sacks of spuds up there.

Only finisher we have has averaged about 15 minutes a game pre season. Looks low on confidence already.

Winning machine we ain't but other than that it's been a productive pre season played mostly against pub teams.

Good job next week is a gimme given Southends situation, hopefully Unsworth can turn it around in a week.

Not having it that there was nothing in that game, Mansfield did as they pleased after half hour Aaron Lewis particularly took the piss all afternoon, granted we should of had two penalties but they could have scored 4 or 5 more and we couldn't have complained, we were out classed and sat in for 80% of the second half just like we did for large parts of last season.

did you have that typed up already 😉

was it defo 442 yeah? thats massively unimaginative and so is the lack of game time for Reid, Willoughby, Sutton.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

oh and decent crowd. l obvs got a bit excited predictin similar to a fleece days league crowd didnt l.

There were definitely more there today than numerous games under the previous regime. 

• Like 1

I don’t understand Willoughby’s lack of minutes.

The vitriol towards Nuttall is laughable. The only difference between him and Fondop is one can play for an hour and offer a little and came with a fee, the other can play for 30 mins before blowing out of his arse and scores the odd worldie which isn’t sustainable. But the latter gets a free pass.

Let’s play 11 Paul Warnes.

Today isn’t as bad as it seems though.

Edited by sjk2008
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The vitriol towards Nuttall is laughable. The only difference between him and Fondop is one can play for an hour and offer a little and came with a fee, the other can play for 30 mins before blowing out of his arse and scores the odd worldie which isn’t sustainable. But the latter gets a free pass.

Yes cannot understand why he is not starting he scored alot of goals last season get him in from the  start instead of two forwards who are the same.The midfield is the main worry without lundstrem as centre same as last season with the same problems as before walking through us.

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

That's a really strange paragraph.

You don't have to discredit a different player to support Nuttall.  Fondop was our top-scorer last season, scores the odd worldie AND easy goal and seems to have come back in pre-season stronger and fitter.  He's currently our best striker...which is nothing to do with Nuttall.

I'm not convinced on Nuttall - I don't think he offers much and, as you say, came with a fee (and was supposedly a player Unsworth insisted on bringing in, which might be another factor..) but booing him off in a friendly is ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 4:00 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Agreed. He takes up a lot of virtual column space for a player that is a) a long way away from the worst striker we've never had and b) a striker who hasn't even started our last two friendly matches.

Plus, I guarantee Nuttall will be in the starting lineup come the first match. I'm not a massive Nuttall fan either. I thought he did an adequate job with virtually none existent service. He'll get better the more the ball is put to him in the right areas and he has the kind of dark art shithousery about his game that I fucking love.

On 7/24/2023 at 5:50 PM, Gaz_Oafc said:

Bit baffled as to why Gardner gets better treatment than Nuttall?

Between them Unsworth and Nuttall will undermine this season.The remedy is for Unsworth to swallow his pride and move Nuttall on.The whole team will have a different dynamic without him in the lineup.The miss when the goalkeeper was grounded today,my 8 year old granddaughter would have scored that.Of course there are some who would say it wasn’t a chance,hans Christian Anderson story comes to mind!!!

19 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Can’t say I’m Nuttall’s biggest fan but thought he did ok today, and thought him and Fondop looked lively and pressed well.

The striker who disappointed me most today was Reid, who missed and absolute sitter and didn’t contribute much else, and he’s probably my favourite of the lot.

The midfield still worries me. Keillor Dunn was buzzing about all over the place for them, whereas ours were far too static and poor in possession.

Overall though, if the manager is happy and learned a bit more about the squad, and the players know more about what he wants and feel a lot better with the games in their legs, then pre season has done its job.

We’ll find out how good a job once the season get’s going

19 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That's a really strange paragraph.

You don't have to discredit a different player to support Nuttall.  Fondop was our top-scorer last season, scores the odd worldie AND easy goal and seems to have come back in pre-season stronger and fitter.  He's currently our best striker...which is nothing to do with Nuttall.

I'm not convinced on Nuttall - I don't think he offers much and, as you say, came with a fee (and was supposedly a player Unsworth insisted on bringing in, which might be another factor..) but booing him off in a friendly is ridiculous.

Can people stop saying Fondop was top scorer. He was here for twice the amount Nuttall was and Nuttall scored more goals in this league than him. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Can people stop saying Fondop was top scorer. He was here for twice the amount Nuttall was and Nuttall scored more goals in this league than him. 

For us? I'm pretty sure if you look at their minutes played Fondop would out score him, nevertheless they were both shite today as was Reid.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Soz.

At Rhinoball he was top scorer. 

Right back and/or RWB required urgently and another Lundstrum type if Gardner isn't fit enough. Hobson needs to be central so Unsworth has to decide 2 out of 3 centre backs. Age wise etc I'd probably go Hobson and Raglan. Also got to be Nuttall or Fondop with Willoughby or Reid. Unsworth needs a good start to the season or the fans will turn again.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Why should anybody stop saying he was our top scorer when he was our top scorer 

The lack of a right back is ridiculous and should have been sorted before the first friendly.

I felt sorry for Green being asked to do 2 jobs instead of 1.

From what I saw the formation had no shape and that's a concern.

I didn’t go today but think it would be safe to say it was a bit of a “ leveller”,  if we needed one. DU got three more coming in he tells us. We start next Saturday so I’m hoping these additions are imminent, after all theres people desperate to sign for us …

roll on the season proper so we can see what we are about