Mansfield

Least mobile front two in the NL, I just cannot see what Nuttall brings, okay he's fitter but he just finds nothing to do the majority of the time, doesn't press or put his foot in and the midfield spend most of the game going past him to press the balls he should be. Lazy fucker.

• Thanks 1

Losing 1-0 HT.

Made some great chances so far and well in the game. Could easily have scored 3. They’ve had a lot of the ball and play some neat football and i’d like to see us push up a little as we sit deep a bit too much for my liking. Norman made some decent saves too, so overall on chances created it’s even so far. 

• Like 2

Just now, kowenicki said:

Glad I didn’t bother.  So what’s the obvious problems? There must be some obvious problems if we are 0-3 after 60 minutes to a mediocre league 2 side. 

Not there obviously but Twatter is giving signs of vulnerability down the right-hand side and Fondop being hauled off whilst Nuttall remains in the game. Oh, and apparently, the team can't function without Lundstram.

• Like 1

The positives

Seemed to match them in the first half, and they look a decent side and usually finish in and around the playoffs in L2

Raglan looks class for our level

Some decent passing at times, seemed to play a bit more than last year

The negatives

Nuttall and Fondop as a partnership. Doesn't work. Won't work. They're too similar. If we're playing 2 up top it's got to be Nuttall or Fondop with Willoughby or Reid

Finishing was poor. Reid's miss was bad and Ward missed a few.

Surprising lack of minutes for some players. Don't get why we didn't give Gardner at least 10 mins

Felt we should have had a pen for handball at 1-0 and they make it 2-0 less than a minute later. Looked like very poor positioning from the ref to not have a sight of the ball when it went through. If it was a competitive game I'd have been annoyed with that

Lundstram looked a big miss

6 minutes ago, St92 said:

Don't they usually finish in or around the playoffs and have done consistently for quite a few years?

Just fact checked myself, last 7 seasons

4x mid table

1x 4th

1x 7th

1x 21st

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Imaging booing a player in a preseason game and cheering when he gets subbed off. Some proper c**ts we have as fans

Yeah, thats super bizarre to me. I’m not his biggest fan but he’s we’ve had far worse and he will score goals. I’d still drop him and play Fondop and Reid though. 

The shit I’ve seen on the hashtag today is incredible.

We need a CM (because we are absolutely inept without Lundstram) and a RB (because as solid as Hobson was, he doesnt offer us an outlet going forward).

But we’re playing a top 6 L2 side next season. Simple as that.

the teams we willl be playing will be a lot shitter. But we aren’t gonna be County or Wrexham overnight ffs.

Edited by sjk2008
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The shit I’ve seen on the hashtag today is incredible.

We need a CM (because we are absolutely inept without Lundstram) and a RB (because as solid as Hobson was, he doesnt offer us an outlet going forward).

But we’re playing a top 6 L2 side next season. Simple as that.

the teams we willl be playing will be a lot shitter. But we aren’t gonna be County or Wrexham overnight ffs.

We actually did OK today, just weren’t clinical at all, which was the main difference. Stonewall pen missed and 2 sitters missed, as well as other chances etc. They were clearly a better footballing side and you could tell they were a division above, but 3-0 flatters them. 

Pitch played proper, no demons in it or loose turf line you can get on some freshly laid pitches

You can tell it's easier to turn and control the ball

First bounce from a long ball takes it on quite a bit, but then it doesn't run out like plastic, it holds up alright

Weird to see away fans in main stand but I can't see there being any major issues

Raglan looks good

Edited by Simpo

Green only gives you 45 minutes

Hobson ain't no rightback

Still missing someone to play through,

Wards passing is on a par with Shelton and Sheron's - shite.

We are in danger of alienating another kid whose done fuck all to deserve it - Sutton.

Kitching has looked poor pre season particularly defensively.

Fondop/Nuttall you may as well play two sacks of spuds up there.

Only finisher we have has averaged about 15 minutes a game pre season. Looks low on confidence already.

Winning machine we ain't but other than that it's been a productive pre season played mostly against pub teams.

Good job next week is a gimme given Southends situation, hopefully Unsworth can turn it around in a week.

Not having it that there was nothing in that game, Mansfield did as they pleased after half hour Aaron Lewis particularly took the piss all afternoon, granted we should of had two penalties but they could have scored 4 or 5 more and we couldn't have complained, we were out classed and sat in for 80% of the second half just like we did for large parts of last season.

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Imaging booing a player in a preseason game and cheering when he gets subbed off. Some proper c**ts we have as fans

fucking. idiots.

bUt WeVe PaId OuR mOnEy We CaN hAvE aN oPiNiOn 

its the depressingly inevitable reason l said a fast start was essential