Unsworth Out

3 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Bet Hartlepool thought the same on Saturday and Boreham Wood before them. Or maybe you are setting youreself up for a told you so on Saturday. Cant believe some of the comments on here its laughable never knew we had so many moronic fans .

Only thing moronic is continuing to back a loser, one thing I will say in Unsworth defence is that the owners need to give him two midfielders minimum if they are going to persist with him, doing the same thing week in week out will change little and although Lundstrum may be the answer the pressure on him now has become massive before he's even kicked a ball for us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

They’re not bemused- that would imply they’re stupid and incredibly naive about football. Which they’re not. Bemused is just a facade for ego about getting a key decision wrong, and putting a friend before the club. 

I think the board are genuinely hurt we won’t support must not lose negative football. There is an air of ‘we’ve got everything else right- so just trust us that despite results,  he’ll become a good manager based on the fact he’s our friend and we know him’  It genuinely wouldn’t surprise me that if they are ‘forced’ to sack him, there could be something from the club that while they’re sad to let him go, they didn’t feel the fans gave a chance. 

I can live with that.

5 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Bet Hartlepool thought the same on Saturday and Boreham Wood before them. Or maybe you are setting youreself up for a told you so on Saturday. Cant believe some of the comments on here its laughable never knew we had so many moronic fans .

You are for supporting Unsworth 

Edited by Flemboy

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Are they really that arrogant?, whip up the crowd, praise their passion and then shake their heads at us when we dare to disapprove, it's a long slippery slope if they've got that mindset. Fans are the club they keep telling us, I'm presuming that still stands?.

The board is losing the faith of the fans. The razzmatazz of crowds marching with Frank has worn thin, let down by poor performances on the pitch.

If were Frank I'd be cringing the good name of the club is becoming a music hall joke.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

I'll be amazed if we don't get beaten on Sat. Bromley have won the last 3.

You are right.Meant tongue  in cheek.I went last year and we got battered  .We only had one header all the game.Having said that we are a far better team than last year so may get a win.Worth a bet.

8 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

You are right.Meant tongue  in cheek.I went last year and we got battered  .We only had one header all the game.Having said that we are a far better team than last year so may get a win.Worth a bet.

We are 13/10 (Bet365), Bromley are 19/10 with the draw at 21/10.  So we are favourites - based on recent form that is absolutely ridiculous and definitively NOT worth a bet!

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We are 13/10 (Bet365), Bromley are 19/10 with the draw at 21/10.  So we are favourites - based on recent form that is absolutely ridiculous and definitively NOT worth a bet!

As I live in Bromley and have a Bromley season ticket, I always have a £5 Bromley/Latics double. Hasn't come in once this season!

I'd lump on them at 19/10!

29 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

As I live in Bromley and have a Bromley season ticket, I always have a £5 Bromley/Latics double. Hasn't come in once this season!

I'd lump on them at 19/10!

I don't bet but if I did, I would be betting against my own team, which is absolutely criminal and yet completely sensible. Unless he comes up with nothing short of a footballing miracle, the outcome is already set in stone.

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

I agree that we have better players but it's possibly a stretch to call them a team!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

I don't bet but if I did, I would be betting against my own team, which is absolutely criminal and yet completely sensible. Unless he comes up with nothing short of a footballing miracle, the outcome is already set in stone.

I do it quite a lot - its like insurance against losing.

On 9/11/2023 at 9:33 PM, Dave_Og said:

There's a very common misconception around what bookies expect or predict. The whole point of being a bookie, particularly in the modern corporate age, is to lock in a profit regardless of the result. They are not risk takers.

Quite right but the bookies still have to draw a line in the sand when opening the book and they made us third favourites at that time.

Granted and as you allude to, they'll have priced in an expectation that Latics will attract more stakes by virtue of having more fans who back them regardless (I'm very much one of them, a real glutton for punishment..)

Then we signed Norwood and presumably attracted some backing and became clear second favourites.

One thing for sure is that the odds of Latics winning just 1 of the first 8 would have been astronomical! 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Wish I'd taken 6/4 the other day instead of waiting for us to drift (although since we'll not win it doesn't matter what price I get 😅)

For Dorking we were 4/5 when the book opened and 1/2 by KO.

16 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Are they really that arrogant?, whip up the crowd, praise their passion and then shake their heads at us when we dare to disapprove, it's a long slippery slope if they've got that mindset. Fans are the club they keep telling us, I'm presuming that still stands?.

No they aren't. It's horse shit I'd imagine

In the Oldham Times earlier this week………..

"I understand everybody's frustration. Probably our form after Christmas has built up a summer of expectation.

No Mr Unsworth, you yourself have built up a summer of expectation by what you’ve said previously…..

“I genuinely think this club is a sleeping giant, one that can climb up not just one league, but two or three, in a short space of time.

"That feelgood factor is there and we've got to back that up now with performances and wins on the pitch moving into next year and have a real go next season.

I’m not going to stand here and say I want to be champions, but I want to try to win every game. I want us to become a winning machine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

In the Oldham Times earlier this week………..

"I understand everybody's frustration. Probably our form after Christmas has built up a summer of expectation.

No Mr Unsworth, you yourself have built up a summer of expectation by what you’ve said previously…..

“I genuinely think this club is a sleeping giant, one that can climb up not just one league, but two or three, in a short space of time.

"That feelgood factor is there and we've got to back that up now with performances and wins on the pitch moving into next year and have a real go next season.

I’m not going to stand here and say I want to be champions, but I want to try to win every game. I want us to become a winning machine.

Getting sick of his lies

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

I honestly can't see one lie there.

Bash him for the shite results, but not made up stuff. please point out the lie to me cos I can't see one..

No lies there, just ambition.

A lack of him delivering is the problem!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hurtman said:

I genuinely believe he is purposefully trying to make the fans dislike of him greater than it already is, so that he can go crying to DR and Frank saying it is witch hunt and Oldham fans are unreasonable etc etc etc

“”Genuinely believe”

Really? 

• Like 2