MATCH: vs Aldershot (H) 12/08/23

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Here’s my mystic Meg moment. 

I think we’ll win, and Unsy in the post match presser will have a go at the fans for over reacting to last weekend.

And he would be right. And the fans will lose their shit at having that pointed out to them...

8 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Right back signed.

Will Unsworth grow a pair and drop one of Hobson, Hogan or Raglan?

or,

Will he continue with bad habits and play a back 5?

Or will it be a RB who can play RWB so we still have 3 at the back?

1 hour ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Right back signed.

Will Unsworth grow a pair and drop one of Hobson, Hogan or Raglan?

or,

Will he continue with bad habits and play a back 5?

He's got to drop Hogan for me otherwise why bring in better?

Norman

Freeman

Hobson

Raglan

Kitching 

Sheron

Shelton

Gardner

Hope

Norwood

Fondop

3 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I did say it's how I expect us to line up. BUT folk need to remember we got plenty of good results earlier this year with that central midfield. I don't mind admitting I voted for Sheron for Player of the Year last season, he was our most consistent performer over the course of 22/23. They've come in for so much stick this week at least in part because of the formation played last Saturday which saw our midfield over run. There's clearly an argument for playing Gardner (whose reputation has grown somewhat as a result of not being involved last week) but I expect Rhino to stick with Sheron and Shelton in the middle of the park.

l also voted Sheron

25 minutes ago, daniel said:

For me Hogan has been the best of the 3 centre halfs in pre-season and last week. Plus he’s captain, and no chance he gets dropped. 

They could easily appoint another captain, Norwood seems quite vocal.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They could easily appoint another captain, Norwood seems quite vocal.

Absolutely they could appoint another captain, but they won’t, and it doesn’t negate from the fact he doesn’t deserve dropping as he’s been better than the others IMO. 

43 minutes ago, daniel said:

Absolutely they could appoint another captain, but they won’t, and it doesn’t negate from the fact he doesn’t deserve dropping as he’s been better than the others IMO. 

Agree I think Hogan has been the best of the defenders so far in pre season and last week. Raglan was woeful at Southend (most where tbf). I think he’ll keep the 3-5-2 shite but if it was me, I’d play a back 4 of Freeman, Hobson, Hogan, Kitching

22 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Agree I think Hogan has been the best of the defenders so far in pre season and last week. Raglan was woeful at Southend (most where tbf). I think he’ll keep the 3-5-2 shite but if it was me, I’d play a back 4 of Freeman, Hobson, Hogan, Kitching

I agree about the 4, but also agree he won’t do it and I’m just waiting for the piss boil on here and twitter when the teams announced and it contains Hogan, Hobson, Raglan, Freeman, Kitching, Sheron and Shelton. Nailed on.

Just been on their forum and full of it.Said have a better manager  and fast strikers..Just hope our weaknesses aren't  exploited since I don't want to see their match video maker with his  mop head and buck teeth gloat.Letshope he looks like he did last time he was here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, daniel said:

Green touch and go for tomorrow and Tuesday according to DU, so injury not as bad as previously said. 
Lundstram 3-4 weeks and Ward 4 weeks +

He is in the club shop from 2pm signing autographs so do not think he will be playing according to Web site.

It's debatable whether Hogan is our best defender, Hobson will be ruined before he gets started with us and the same goes for Sutton, both being asked to do impossible jobs, Kitching has been poor and Raglan likewise but has yet to settle in, if we are going to make a claim that Hogan has been our best defender so far we are setting a pretty low bar, we've let 7 in the last two Saturdays (could easily have been double that) and Hogan is a big part of the problem in our ultra defensive formation, pulling the midfield into the defence from minute one, none of that defence have played with any credit so far this season, some have excuses but some don't and Hogan falls in to that bracket for me, he plays his preferred position but has been largely gash.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's debatable whether Hogan is our best defender, Hobson will be ruined before he gets started with us and the same goes for Sutton, both being asked to do impossible jobs, Kitching has been poor and Raglan likewise but has yet to settle in, if we are going to make a claim that Hogan has been our best defender so far we are setting a pretty low bar, we've let 7 in the last two Saturdays (could easily have been double that) and Hogan is a big part of the problem in our ultra defensive formation, pulling the midfield into the defence from minute one, none of that defence have played with any credit so far this season, some have excuses but some don't and Hogan falls in to that bracket for me, he plays his preferred position but has been largely gash.

Hogan has only ever looked good with Yarney next to him. Without Yarney he’s been below average every time I’ve seen him. Certainly not the leader of the defence I thought he would be when he first signed. 

15 hours ago, daniel said:

I agree about the 4, but also agree he won’t do it and I’m just waiting for the piss boil on here and twitter when the teams announced and it contains Hogan, Hobson, Raglan, Freeman, Kitching, Sheron and Shelton. Nailed on.

And Nuttall