MATCH: vs Halifax (H) 15/08/23

Tollitt absolutely dire tonight and I am a fan of his. 

Worst performance of the day goes to Unsy. Missed Saturday so was buzzing to go tonight but this guy proves how clueless he is with each game I watch. He has no idea how to change a game of football. 

Thought we tried tonight, but they sat in, worked hard and got two goals. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

If player performances are so inconsistent, where does the blame lie, in the manager or the players..or both? We saw what they can do on Saturday, achieving that consistently may be beyond Unsworth.

Halifax were far more determined than Aldershot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, St92 said:

Pretty much, got the impression they wanted 0-0 and anything else was a bonus 

Nah, they came with a plan for 3 points and deservedly took them, we couldn't handle their no. 22 and our keeper had to do a lot more than Halifax 's. 

• Like 1

The praise for Tollitt went slightly overboard on Saturday. He was anonymous in the second half against Aldershot, who are considered one of the favourites for relegation, and he had the touch of a rebound board tonight.

Conference North player at best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, St92 said:

Was a good strike for their first, but we'd fallen in to old habits for the 5-10 minutes before that goal and sat deeper, he had far too much time 

Shelton, Sheron and Raglan all stood off the goalscorer and never even thought of closing him down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarkStar said:

Anyone any idea how many meaningful attempts we had on their goal?

I can't recall many.

Nuttall chance at 0-0, Shelton's goal, that was about it for chances if we're not counting the scramble moments at the end.

Wasn't a bad effort from Nuttall, but it's frustrating that if that goes in for 1-0, it's probably a different game.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Shelton, Sheron and Raglan all stood off the goalscorer and never even thought of closing him down. 

I don't think that one would be on Raglan, it's the midfields job to close down long range strikes really. 

Like I said before we'd sat deeper again so Shelton and Sheron were occupying space that Raglan probably already had covered and it left the space and time for that shot instead 

Well that my friends was fucking dreadful.

Did Unsworth not learn a jot from the two games against them last season then?, out thought and out fought once again, crying out for another midfielder in the centre of the park, even Gardner may have had some joy in there because Shelton and Tollitt just give the ball away in bad areas at will. Shelton gave it away three times in one passage of play, you'll win fuck all doing that all day long. 

Tactically inept, absolutely fucking clueless to what's happening on the pitch and doesn't know how to react, tinpot fucking team like Halifax who lose their best players year on year have again showed Unsworth their arse, they have a budget about a third of ours but somehow get way more out of their players. Clearly Aldershot are absolutely dog shit .

Lost the same fixture last year after three games and we were sat on 4 points, fans calling for Shez head and Unsworth was already in the stands watching us, Unsworth is a lucky man his pal is CEO because the money he's spunking must be giving the Rothwell's palpitations, as an example why have we chased the top scorer from the division below, pushed the boat out to sign him and played him for 1 minute out of 270, that's just fucking incompetence. 

Same old shite fucking toothless wankers, something needs to change because we'll do fuck all with this clown, thought Kitching when he wasnt bitching did okay along with Hogan and Sheron at times the rest can get in the bin.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Tollitt is dreadful, really hoped we'd seen the last of him last season. Just an absolute nothing player.

Yet he scored a cracker against Aldershot.

Saturday you were raving about Nuttall who never looked like scoring against Aldershot despite the score and he was hopeless tonight.

Goals win games.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm not sure why Dan Gardner wasn't brought on it was crying out for him to atleast try something different.

I'm not a Nuttall knocker but he needs to be more aggressive when the ball is played upto him I want to see him throw his weight around abit.

Promotion chasing teams don't just win 1 game and follow it up with a lacklustre display they follow it up with a win even if they don't play well. We have to learn to win consistently and we have to learn to do it fast. 

I can't be bothered entertaining the inevitable debate on sacking the manager becase sacking manager after manager is a big reason why we are a national league side. 

That is all.

Need to move Nuttall on asap. 

Too soft by half.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Need to move Nuttall on asap. 

Too soft by half.

I'd advocate feeding him a diet of raw red meat and getting him to knock back a can of monster before he goes out on the pitch before we think about moving him on. For Norwoods first goal on Saturday he shoved the defender out the way and it created a goal out of nothing so he can do it. Be more like that please Joe! 

Edited by GlossopLatic