MATCH: vs Halifax (H) 15/08/23

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd advocate feeding him a diet of raw red meat and getting him to knock back a can of monster before he goes out on the pitch before we think about moving him on. For Norwoods first goal on Saturday he shoved the defender out the way and it created a goal out of nothing so he can do it. Be more like that please Joe! 

9 times out of 10, the free-kick gets awarded.

• Like 1

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Nuttall who set up 3 on Saturday you mean?

Yes, given freedom of the park by Aldershot, he just doesn't compete when opposition defenders are physical and we have seen this and time again. 

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Well that my friends was fucking dreadful.

Did Unsworth not learn a jot from the two games against them last season then?, out thought and out fought once again, crying out for another midfielder in the centre of the park, even Gardner may have had some joy in there because Shelton and Tollitt just give the ball away in bad areas at will. Shelton gave it away three times in one passage of play, you'll win fuck all doing that all day long. 

Tactically inept, absolutely fucking clueless to what's happening on the pitch and doesn't know how to react, tinpot fucking team like Halifax who lose their best players year on year have again showed Unsworth their arse, they have a budget about a third of ours but somehow get way more out of their players. Clearly Aldershot are absolutely dog shit .

Lost the same fixture last year after three games and we were sat on 4 points, fans calling for Shez head and Unsworth was already in the stands watching us, Unsworth is a lucky man his pal is CEO because the money he's spunking must be giving the Rothwell's palpitations, as an example why have we chased the top scorer from the division below, pushed the boat out to sign him and played him for 1 minute out of 270, that's just fucking incompetence. 

Same old shite fucking toothless wankers, something needs to change because we'll do fuck all with this clown, thought Kitching when he wasnt bitching did okay along with Hogan and Sheron at times the rest can get in the bin.

Amen.Latics being Latics will hopefully  bounce back Saturday 

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Well that my friends was fucking dreadful.

Did Unsworth not learn a jot from the two games against them last season then?, out thought and out fought once again, crying out for another midfielder in the centre of the park, even Gardner may have had some joy in there because Shelton and Tollitt just give the ball away in bad areas at will. Shelton gave it away three times in one passage of play, you'll win fuck all doing that all day long. 

Tactically inept, absolutely fucking clueless to what's happening on the pitch and doesn't know how to react, tinpot fucking team like Halifax who lose their best players year on year have again showed Unsworth their arse, they have a budget about a third of ours but somehow get way more out of their players. Clearly Aldershot are absolutely dog shit .

Lost the same fixture last year after three games and we were sat on 4 points, fans calling for Shez head and Unsworth was already in the stands watching us, Unsworth is a lucky man his pal is CEO because the money he's spunking must be giving the Rothwell's palpitations, as an example why have we chased the top scorer from the division below, pushed the boat out to sign him and played him for 1 minute out of 270, that's just fucking incompetence. 

Same old shite fucking toothless wankers, something needs to change because we'll do fuck all with this clown, thought Kitching when he wasnt bitching did okay along with Hogan and Sheron at times the rest can get in the bin.

Not convinced by the centre backs, should have kept Yarney, instead we bought 2 more not as competitive.

Yarney and Sutton better IMO.

Edited by BP1960

I’m really not sure I can be bothered anymore.  

We have probably the worst midfield and the worst manager I can remember in the last 5 decades

I was going to find a pub on Saturday to watch the game down here or pay for BT but as we’re almost certainly going to get spanked I think I’ll not bother and I was going to Borehamwood but I’m not going to waste my money. Another £100 day out like Southend is not a great idea

Thanks Dave

Absolute rubbish tonight.  Played right into their hands trying to match them instead of imposing ourselves down the flanks like Saturday.  Nuttall and Tollitt should have been taken off far sooner as both couldn't find a blue shirt.  The 2nd goal for them looked to be a foul on the keeper to me but he still could have done better.  When we did get crosses in we only had Norwood in there against 3 defenders so not much chance.  Nuttall was out wide far too much and is too soft. 

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Don’t agree BP, Raglan looks very good to me and Hogan doesn’t do much wrong

They may look cool but we will concede a lot of goals with those two together IMO.

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not convinced by the centre backs, should have kept Yarney, instead we bought 2 more not as competitive.

Yarney and Sutton better IMO.

Hobson loves to defend, he's unlucky he's not starting and isn't a right back so on the face of it it's another stupid signing given he was in the team of the season last season. Can't fault Hogan whose probably been our most consistent player this season so far and Raglan brings obvious quality but Hobson is the best of the three in my opinion particularly with his pace. He can play a bit too. 

Defence isn't really an issue it's the centre of the park, we just get outplayed for large parts of the game.

Oh well Chesterfield followed by Boreham Wood away coming up, we will see where we are at. Lose those two and I think they'll have to get rid of him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Is there actually anyone in yhensquad you rate BP? 

Sutton, but it appears he's not rated as a centre back by the manager. He will go higher, but like Harry Vaughan not with us.

1 hour ago, St92 said:

Tough one to take that so soon after Saturday.

I thought Tollitt and Dickenson didn't have very good games, partly down to Halifax playing their 5 at the back effectively and cutting down the space before anything could develop

They came with a game plan to be solid defensively and give nothing easy away and we were lacking creativity tonight to break them down. 

So I really didn't understand our subs tonight with how the game was going. Fondop for Nuttall was like for like and not really going to change anything. Gardner sat on the bench when we needed creativity was baffling for me. Willoughby, Reid and Gardner have to come on before 70th minute for me there

Over a season there are games where performances aren't quite there for every team, but if we want to be up there at the end of the season we need to find a way to get over the line in those types of game.

I don't think we should be making managerial changes 3 games in, but DU has to take a decent portion of blame for the tactics tonight

Well done St92. A sensible summary without going overboard,  as some on here have a tendency to do. And there's plenty on Twatter who are downright deranged!

Just felt we were sloppy all over the park, stifled in wide areas, crosses poor and, I agree,  changes needed sooner.

We bounced back once against a poor Aldershot - but the next two away  games are an acid test. Need Lundstram and Green fit asap.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hobson loves to defend, he's unlucky he's not starting and isn't a right back so on the face of it it's another stupid signing given he was in the team of the season last season. Can't fault Hogan whose probably been our most consistent player this season so far and Raglan brings obvious quality but Hobson is the best of the three in my opinion particularly with his pace. He can play a bit too. 

Defence isn't really an issue it's the centre of the park, we just get outplayed for large parts of the game.

Oh well Chesterfield followed by Boreham Wood away coming up, we will see where we are at. Lose those two and I think they'll have to get rid of him.

If we don’t get a win out of the next two then he will be under massive pressure. Given our away record, I’d be slightly worried if I was Unsy. 

Lifted from my post regarding the latest podcast:

”Joe P made the point that Aldershot was the first game under Unsworth where Latics have actually gone for it - and it was completely at odds with anything we have seen before.

“It was, and therein lies the rub - its taken a huge effort to get to this point and, like it or not, the fans have the right to question the manager, who at times does seem slow to change his tactical approach.”

Tonight it was back to everything we’ve seen before - so depressingly familiar. 

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not even sure where to start on tonight. 

I know from talking to a member of their coaching staff before the game that Halifax identified certain areas to exploit Latics and have done so for the 3rd successive game.

Full post-mortem tomorrow...

OK...I await  but they definitely  did their homework  better and deserved  to win.

I'm off to Chesterfield Saturday  with hope for a win

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Is there actually anyone in yhensquad you rate BP? 

No, because he hasn't recommended them

52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sutton, but it appears he's not rated as a centre back by the manager. He will go higher, but like Harry Vaughan not with us.

Sutton isn't in our top 3 CBs at the minute. Delusional

• Like 2