Micky Mellon Sack Watch

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Who would we want as a replacement then?

I don't want Parkinson. Don't think he'd get the Time or patience he'd need

Millington at Halifax maybe?

There's not a lot of choice out there. And I'm struggling to see why a lot of managers would want to come to Oldham

You would be surprised, I would even bet my house that un invited CV’s are already been emailed to the club.

We sack a manager now we will just repeat the same cycle over and over and over again.

Although if he offers Mcgahey a new contract he can go. We have too many old immobile men in the team and if I was the board I'd ne pushing back against adding more over 30's in this team who will just get out run.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

There's not a lot of choice out there. And I'm struggling to see why a lot of managers would want to come to Oldham

As I've mentioned promote Paul Murray and charismatic youth team coach Chuka Akuneto.

The youth team was poor before they took over, but since they've encouraged good passing attacking football with some of the best  young prospects I've seen in years.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/july/14072023-chukwuma-akuneto/

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As I've mentioned promote Paul Murray and charismatic youth team coach Chuka Akuneto.

The youth team was poor before they took over, but since they've encouraged good passing attacking football with some of the best  young prospects I've seen in years.

I wouldn't be against this idea tbh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

By desperate managers who are already out of work, I'd Imagine 

That's why I mentioned in house.

We did it with Pete Wild from the youth set up.

Edited by BP1960

Sack Mellon...

Appoint someone else...

We don't win every game...

We don't play like Brazil...

Fucking Boo...

Where's the youth players...?

Rinse...Repeat...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I wouldn't be against this idea tbh

Ask any of the youth about Chuka, they think he's great. A really warm infectious personality.

Winning the dressing room is half the battle in football.

• Like 1

The one thing that the 73 74 team all said last night was the team ethos, all would not let each other down and all played for a firm but fair ex player Frizzell.

Hard work and team work will go a long way to remedy current situation,  plus some pace on the wing and using Sutton as a CDM and some full backs please.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A refreshing idea BP but there’s a world of difference between coaching young kids and seasoned pro’s!

Derek Adams came to mind but possibly too similar in character to Mellon.

Lot of respect for the job Simon Weaver has done at Harrogate, he would probably be my number one choice.

Don't know enough about the lower leagues to know who is up and coming or who is ready to step out of the academies.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

60 pages now.

He's a gonna, no way he can survive this.

Just because the same people keep making the same points in slightly different ways doesn’t mean he's destined for the sack.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Whoever we get, we need to do a proper recruitment process.

Invite applications, then interview.

In spite of what anyone may think of Lee Johnson, he was bloody find at the time and came from nowhere..

• Like 1

Just now, BradKnowles1 said:

Very worrying comments about next season and the budget 

Glad he's alienated 60% of his squad then, terrific man management that Micky, particularly as the old fool can't be taught anything. 

I suppose the playoff money, FA Trophy money and the other 40k we could have pulled off Chesterfield weren't needed then?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Word of advice everyone. 

Don’t watch his post match presser. . . 

Just grab a beer and enjoy your summer. 

I watched the first 15 seconds... Knackered against a team of semi pros... Fuck... Right... Off

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Word of advice everyone. 

Don’t watch his post match presser. . . 

Just grab a beer and enjoy your summer. 

Disagree I'm actually optimistic after watching it. He knows the score and he'll sort it. No one better out there so just throwing random names of managers who won't achieve what MM has is a bit daft. (Obvs not aimed at league one forever)

Given the size of this squad I think there must be room to maneuver. We could get by with 8 fewer, so can defo afford to partially pay some off.

Enjoy the summer everyone

What a miserable post match interview, the players were knackered today he said (why did he start them and why weren't Wealdstone?). Blaming, players out of position (why didn't he address that in the January transfer window?) Blaming the fans, and even had a go at the interviewer for asking him what went wrong in the last few months (played a lot of top teams he said and didn't lose many). When asked about next season indicated nothing much can change due to contracts.

So looks like the same as, which is really depressing. 

• Like 1