Micky Mellon Sack Watch

18 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Question has to be asked....has Mellon made us worse??

He initially made us better but has since clearly made us worse.  He should be taking us into next season with a foundation of a squad to build from, but he's overseen an extremely poor end to the season that he's lost a lot of credit that his prior success and early good form had brought him.

He should still get the summer for him and Brabin to show that they know what it takes when building a squad to win promotion (which they've shown at Tranmere they can do).  There's clearly so many gutless players in this squad that it's a reasonably big overhaul that's needed.  Despite the recent shit form I trust the manager more than the bulk of these players.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm sorry but they can't give this guy the summer.

Aside from the usual negativity you spout, genuine question, who would you look to bring in Rob?

6 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Aside from the usual negativity you spout, genuine question, who would you look to bring in Rob?

Someone with a progressive mindset, someone who wants to play attractive football, someone will add value on the training ground.

Who that is I don't know but I know it isn't Mellon.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Someone with a progressive mindset, someone who wants to play attractive football, someone will add value on the training ground.

And how long would you give that guy to build that?

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

And how long would you give that guy to build that?

If could see obvious signs of progression/building towards something and it was entertaining to watch then I'd be inclined to give that time.

On 17th October Mike Williamson moved from Gateshead to MKD who were 17th in L2 I think and struggling..

They are now 4 points off Wrexham at the top and stand an excellent chance of automatic promotion to L1.

Maybe we backed the wrong horse.....😬

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You must have an idea of someone? Nail your colours to the mast Rob.

Just now, Londonboy said:

On 17th October Mike Williamson moved from Gateshead to MKD who were 17th in L2 I think and struggling..

They are now 4 points off Wrexham at the top and stand an excellent chance of automatic promotion to L1.

That’s true but wasn’t the Wealdstone guy highly thought of and touted by some as someone we should be looking at? Went to Notts County and results have been awful. 

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If could see obvious signs of progression/building towards something and it was entertaining to watch then I'd be inclined to give that time.

Finish mid table but we win the passing a lot? I’m not sure that’d wash. 

5 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I recall the cries of horror when Clemence was apparently in pole position. Gillingham are in a play off position now.

Edited by Dave_Og

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I don’t think there is a horse for us 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

It's not realistic to expect fans to nominate the ideal manager.  Who anywhere would have been aware of the bloke at Ipswich for example?

It's currently looking like it's not realistic to let the Royles nominate the ideal manager, either. Miracle required at BP close season otherwise it's possibly a groundhog day next season.

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I don’t think there is a horse for us 

It’s a fair point. Hard to ask for better owners, facilities being invested in, a manager who’s had success at pretty much every club he’s managed, a squad with plenty of quality players who’ve had success elsewhere and are largely highly rated by fans of those clubs. 

Yet collectively as a team we have not lost the ability to regularly chuck in shit performances and to crumble under the slightest pressure. It’s been the same for years. 

It’s absolutely bizarre. Mellon will get the summer clearly, so all we can do is hope he’s identified the issue and will have it fixed for next season. 

• Like 2

He’s on a 3 year deal, I can confirm he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

Anyone who has seen the accounts will understand the money in the pot isn’t endless. 

On a different note, should we not be asking questions to the current board who have overseen this shit

show. I’m not talking about the Rothwell’s either.