Micky Mellon Sack Watch

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I think we all need to calm down, there's too much infighting and insult-throwing going on. I've done it myself and if you stop and think for a mo, it's pretty daft and pointless. Let's concentrate on the football (I know, I know, sorry!) and remember that we all want the same thing, to see the club we all love on an upward curve. It may happen this season, it may have to be next, or later, but as the great Bryan Ferry said, let's stick together.

Things aren't as bad as they seem I think BP1960 is a good contributor to this board he knows more about players than I ever will. Without wanting to make excuses I've spent the last couple of days off after surgery on my ear so perhaps I was feeling abit tetchy this morning coming down off the anaesthetic.

But overall we mustn't lose sight of the fact we are in a good position and even if we slip out of the play off spots tonight we can well get into them by the end of the season. Even then if we don't go up we are well positioned next season to take the next step. It's March time and we are looking up at the play offs rather than survival it's a welcome change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Im only questioning what you type. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When you post utter nonsense like - and I quote again, ‘if we go up and this carries on , I’m out.’ don’t get upset when someone challenges that view. By the way if that happened ‘this’ would be a promotion but let’s forget that to concentrate on the following season. 

The reality is, you would never be out. 

Because you’re a lifelong fan, and we’re there through all the shit. (Which you then went onto say by saying you’re not actually out- you’re still getting a season ticket.)

Posting-  I’m out, because of the style of football it’s over reactive nonsense- in my opinion. 

We’re shit- well I never, what’s new. 

🥱

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 5:46 PM, BP1960 said:

It was a lie and a nasty one at that.

Your accusation of me being a bully is also a lie as anyone who knows me (and you don't) will laugh at that.

You come on here for fun do you? if your post of slagging someone off is an example of that it's not mine.

Go away and leave me alone.

BP not been online since this was posted, I hope he is okay.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s a shame really. Think we all need to chill out sometimes, me included. 

Agreed it'd be a shame if he's packed it in.

I didn't disagree with most of his posts........just the repetitive nature sometimes. 😉

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Agreed it'd be a shame if he's packed it in.

I didn't disagree with most of his posts........just the repetitive nature sometimes. 😉

I like him, and the targeted harassment from one particular poster was borderline bullying for me, but he certainly doesn't help himself sometimes...

• Like 8

On 3/25/2024 at 9:21 PM, yarddog73 said:

Alf is posting on twitter tonight about the England game and Latics so must be just taking a break from here for a bit.

10 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Alf is posting on twitter tonight about the England game and Latics so must be just taking a break from here for a bit.

He is. And he’s still slagging Mellon off at every opportunity.

I'm posting on twitter because of the trolls on here, it's less personalised on there I've found.

Anway I've got flu and so has my wife and I've lost any interest in the next game - which I won't be attending.

Incidentally, England were very good apart from a couple of mistakes I thought last night.

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I've lost any interest in the next game - which I won't be attending.

Following the D&R performance, I too lost my enthusiasm for Latics… so much so that I cancelled my trip up for the Fylde game. 😮

I presume it will be available to watch on National League TV so at least I’ll avoid a 400 mile round trip 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I'm posting on twitter because of the trolls on here, it's less personalised on there I've found.

Anway I've got flu and so has my wife and I've lost any interest in the next game - which I won't be attending.

Incidentally, England were very good apart from a couple of mistakes I thought last night.

Don't let them get to you Alf. And hope you get well soon, I was fortunate to get flu and missed 2 home games. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Following the D&R performance, I too lost my enthusiasm for Latics… so much so that I cancelled my trip up for the Fylde game. 😮

I presume it will be available to watch on National League TV so at least I’ll avoid a 400 mile round trip 👍

Don’t blame you. 

After Alti away last year I had to take a two month break for my own health, not an exaggeration. 

Going this Monday and hoping I see something different. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Yeah, the apathy has kicked in again.

I only going on Friday because I promised my daughter, I’ve tried suggesting other things but she won’t budge. The excitement in our house is palpable. . . 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, the apathy has kicked in again.

I only going on Friday because I promised my daughter, I’ve tried suggesting other things but she won’t budge. The excitement in our house is palpable. . . 

It's not completely out of the realms of possibility that Oldham will beat Fylde in a game of football...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's not completely out of the realms of possibility that Oldham will beat Fylde in a game of football...

The fact that it’s merely possible rather than probable is what hurt’s!!😞

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes I thought the Belgium game was highly entertaining. Some of England’s attacking play was as good as I’ve seen in a long time. Mainoo is such a prospect, unbelievable maturity at 18. As for Bellingham, you run out of superlatives, though he did miss a couple of sitters (for him) before he rescued the draw. Bowen and Foden were also excellent. Defence will probably be our Achilles heel at the Euros, but if we can stop the silly mistakes we have an excellent chance of winning the tournament.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes I thought the Belgium game was highly entertaining. Some of England’s attacking play was as good as I’ve seen in a long time. Mainoo is such a prospect, unbelievable maturity at 18. As for Bellingham, you run out of superlatives, though he did miss a couple of sitters (for him) before he rescued the draw. Bowen and Foden were also excellent. Defence will probably be our Achilles heel at the Euros, but if we can stop the silly mistakes we have an excellent chance of winning the tournament.

I find us a really enjoyable team to watch now. I saw the Brazil game on tv and went to Wembley last night. Virtually every player looks totally comfortable on the ball. We're more attacking now, but in a patient, controlled almost continental way. And seeing as we were missing 15 players through injury it makes the performances even more impressive.

When it comes to tournament football, Brazil wouldn't be allowed to get away with the fouling they did. But also, we need to be clinical. If we had been clinical in these games we'd have won both comfortably.

I'm excited for the next tournament and the next few after that too - lots of young talented players in the team and coming through.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Hope you and the good lady get better soon. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

True, but it is beyond the realm of possibility that we’ll win at least 4 of the last 6 in my view. 

I don't think it is but I'd agree in that it'd need a remarkable upturn in our form / tactics.

I could see us getting four wins and still somehow missing out!

It's a funny game, football.

15 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I don't think it is but I'd agree in that it'd need a remarkable upturn in our form / tactics.

I could see us getting four wins and still somehow missing out!

It's a funny game, football.

Here’s what will happen. 

We’ll get enough points from, Flyde

Alty, and Rochdale to still have a sniff. We’ll lose at Oxford, who are worse than awful- then win at Halifax- somehow we’ll still be able to sneak in but need to be beat Wealdstone on the last day and hope other results go for us. The results will go for us and we’ll draw - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Flyde- D

Alty- W

Dale - W

Oxford - L

Halifax - W 

Wealdstone - D 

Finishing 8th. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2024 at 4:59 PM, GKing521 said:

Mellon out? It's a serious question that needs to be raised. It is totally and utterly inexcusable what has happened today. They've let the fans, the chairman, and the town down.

We've just been rolled by a dog and duck outfit.

You can forget Wembley.

Hello.