Micky Mellon Sack Watch

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

He’s on a 3 year deal, I can confirm he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

Anyone who has seen the accounts will understand the money in the pot isn’t endless. 

On a different note, should we not be asking questions to the current board who have overseen this shit

show. I’m not talking about the Rothwell’s either.

But I’m not sure what more they could have done, Mellon was probably the best appointment on the face of it, Conlon and Dallas coming in too, garner has bagged a few already, it’s utterly baffling . 

Just now, True Tic said:

But I’m not sure what more they could have done, Mellon was probably the best appointment on the face of it, Conlon and Dallas coming in too, garner has bagged a few already, it’s utterly baffling . 

The BP curse is well and truly, alive and kicking

I watch the games wondering whether Mellon has coached them to hoof it forward at every opportunity without considering keeping the ball and building through the better players we brought in or do the players disregard what they have been coached to do. Either way clearly Mellon is falling short of expectations. You could argue he got more from the players he inherited at first than  he is now getting from those he recruited. I've a feeling the game has passed him by while he's been out studying leadership.

Just now, True Tic said:

We must have all been terrible in a past life 

Someone sold the club’s soul to the devil in the late 80s. We had our fun in the pinch me years. Probably got another 20 years of this ahead of us. 

Admitting you made a mistake (again) is hard but whoever the decision makers are need to park their egos and make the cut because the idea this guy gets another transfer window to inflict more damage is unthinkable, if that means the playing budget is cut then so be it.

25 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

He’s on a 3 year deal, I can confirm he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

Anyone who has seen the accounts will understand the money in the pot isn’t endless. 

On a different note, should we not be asking questions to the current board who have overseen this shit

show. I’m not talking about the Rothwell’s either.

Whilst I agree MM will be here next season, and DR needs explain why after considerable squad and management investment we are still shit, the accounts make no difference in this league and the pot can indeed be endless! 

If the owners/investors wants to invest more money and piss it away in the NL... they can without penalty.

If they haven't got any more that's different and more worrying......

Edited by Londonboy

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

I honestly think we'd be in a better position if we'd have stuck with Shez..

It’d be nice to get a full squad who really want to play for us and win, realise the tradition this club has and be told what it means to the fans and react accordingly. I think alot of the issue is the state of mind of the players/team, it can’t be right, don’t know how you’d alter that but there’s no urgency with them or desire. 

4 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Whilst I agree MM will be here next season, and DR needs explain why after considerable squad and management investment we are still shit, the accounts make no difference in this league and the pot can indeed be endless! 

If the owners/investors wants to invest more money and piss it away in the NL... they can without penalty.

If they haven't got any more that's different and more worrying......

DR won't explain anything, he's fortunate and is pretty much bullet proof but he's doing a fucking shit job of spending others money and running a football club - very badly.

• Like 1

Is DR in charge of signings? I don’t think he is. We’ve employed a coaching team and a scouting team with a head of recruitment. 

Just because he’s introduced a stats based element to the process doesn’t mean he’s running around choosing players like Bazza and Mo. 

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I honestly think we'd be in a better position if we'd have stuck with Shez..

I've little doubt - he was pretty much the ideal manager for Oldham Athletic when in the boat that we were in. He was without doubt among the safest options and should have been well down the list of things that wanted changing. 

As we have seen, the grass isn't always greener.

Edited by Can Neil Redfearn Do It

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Is DR in charge of signings? I don’t think he is. We’ve employed a coaching team and a scouting team with a head of recruitment. 

Just because he’s introduced a stats based element to the process doesn’t mean he’s running around choosing players like Bazza and Mo. 

Agreed but he's decided on Rhino and Mellon being the best managers to get us out of this league, which have failed..... and sanctioned the signings and money spent.

It seems the whole message board have seen we have needed a more creative midfield, and some energetic youth, speed and width for 2 years, yet we have done fuck all to address this.

It's either DR or MMs fault so which is it??

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Agreed but he's decided on Rhino and Mellon being the best managers to get us out of this league, which have failed..... and sanctioned the signings and money spent.

It seems the whole message board have seen we have needed a more creative midfield, and some energetic youth, speed and width for 2 years, yet we have done fuck all to address this.

It's either DR or MMs fault so which is it??

It’s whoever is in charge of recruitment. Or it’s the recruitment team as a whole. I don’t know exactly what the set up is. 

But it’s clearly a more in depth problem that just saying “that guy is to blame, sack him and it’ll be ok”. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

The issue is the squad, the balance is embarrassing. 

It needs work yes, but there’s to many times under Mellon where they’re all awful, not poor, absolutely awful. When the entire team is repeatedly shit, and many of them have played higher it goes beyond the players. 

Mellon is taking us backwards. 

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

DR won't explain anything, he's fortunate and is pretty much bullet proof but he's doing a fucking shit job of spending others money and running a football club - very badly.

It isn't the chief executive's job to select and coach 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It is his job to pick the manager. . 

Could he have picked one with a more impressive cv at this level than Mellon?

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It isn't the chief executive's job to select and coach 

I didn't suggest it was.

He is responsible for Unsworth and the aftermath and I'm presuming he has a say in the direction the club moves, signs the cheques and is partly responsible for creating a culture, all of which he is doing a shit job at.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Could he have picked one with a more impressive cv at this level than Mellon?

Depends what you wanted, I wanted Williamson and he's doing a great job at MK and got them up the table and playing decent football in just a few months. Mellon was considered and I shared the view a safe pair of hands but fucking hell he's a dinosaur. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It is his job to pick the manager. . 

Well, hardly anyone criticised it at the time. Personally I'd have gone for someone younger but no idea who

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It needs work yes, but there’s to many times under Mellon where they’re all awful, not poor, absolutely awful. When the entire team is repeatedly shit, and many of them have played higher it goes beyond the players. 

Mellon is taking us backwards. 

Every single game we have 3 players out of position, every game. We have absolutely 0 width and no options to change things. We still rely on Nathan Sheron to put on a shirt. 

The issue isn’t Mellon, the issue is whoever handled/handles recruitment. Whoever the fuck that is as I genuinely don’t know.