• Release
  9. 9. Mike Fondop

• Retain
    • Release
  10. 10. Hallam Hope

• Retain
    • Release

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 12:55 PM

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

AFC Fylde have apparently increased the interest in Reid.

Conlon is going to take over the captaincy.

We are looking at the Fleetwood winger who was on loan at Rochdale.

Conlon 🤬 he'd better be a million times better than last season then!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

AFC Fylde have apparently increased the interest in Reid.

Conlon is going to take over the captaincy.

We are looking at the Fleetwood winger who was on loan at Rochdale.

I’d be very happy with Cian Hayes if true

There'll be quite a few surprises before the start of the season. The whole spine of the team needs solidifying and I`ll be very surprised (and bemused) if Conlon gets the captaincy, as someone has intimated on here. Norwood won't be in the plans for next season. Midfield needs a complete overhaul and defence coming under scrutiny too. Enjoy the summer everyone, I`m dipping out now and just going to observe how it all pans out.

16 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Don’t be surprised if there is a change to Mickey’s coaching staff too.

You’re going to have to put some meat on those bones after that comment!!🤔

Yep, if I’ve been told right Mickey has had  an absolute rage on everything top to bottom of the club.

I can confirm that the behaviour of squad and management team at the hotel when they beat Barnet left him him furious. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh hello. . 

Heard quite a few Tranmere fans rave about him and being a big reason behind Mellons success. 

Indeed. And been doing a good job with Burnley u23s I hear. 

If he wants to bring MMs lad with him I wouldn't say no.!

On the subject of Conlon, Vale fans always rated him as a good club man as well as player and he did especially well in a midfield 3 alongside Worrall, who has also been linked with us.

He has it all to prove but, with a good pre-season behind him and better players alongside, I am hopeful that Conlon can step up.

43 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Form is temporary class is long term.

As is recovery from serious injury! Hope you and the Vale fans are right though because at his best he sounds just what we need both as a player and captain.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Yep, if I’ve been told right Mickey has had  an absolute rage on everything top to bottom of the club.

I can confirm that the behaviour of squad and management team at the hotel when they beat Barnet left him him furious. 

Which sounds a bit strange as we stuffed the play-offs favourites home and away.

Whatever they did before a 4-1 away win should be encouraged not criticised 🤣

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

As is recovery from serious injury! Hope you and the Vale fans are right though because at his best he sounds just what we need both as a player and captain.

I’m hearing he’s trying to stamp a bit more professionalism on the squad. He’s obviously not fully fit but he’s made his own fitness structure and is only taking a couple of weeks off. Pre season don’t be surprised if you see him at the gym and in and around the club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boyyou said:

Which sounds a bit strange as we stuffed the play-offs favourites home and away.

Whatever they did before a 4-1 away win should be encouraged not criticised 🤣

It was more the fact that he asked for a two night stay at the luxury hotel and had the use of the gym and pool, spa for team bonding . The captain complained that they didnt want to spend the second night and kicked up a fuss. The extent was that the hotel made them packed lunches for the  way home and the captain said this was crap food and the squad would eat shit at the service station: Mickey apparently exploded as they also had Thursday off and realised he was looking after a bunch of kids.

4 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

It was more the fact that he asked for a two night stay at the luxury hotel and had the use of the gym and pool, spa for team bonding . The captain complained that they didnt want to spend the second night and kicked up a fuss. The extent was that the hotel made them packed lunches for the  way home and the captain said this was crap food and the squad would eat shit at the service station: Mickey apparently exploded as they also had Thursday off and realised he was looking after a bunch of kids.

The 2024 version of Shez at the Belle Vue dogs. 

3 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

It seems the layers are slowly being stripped away. I can totally believe this is something that actually happened. The fuckwits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Doesn’t surprise me - but on the other hand isn’t there an element of nobhead behaviour in every squad at every club. 

Mellon should absolutely drive team ethic and professionalism, but he also needs to pick his battles for the greater good. 

When you stack up all the stories this season it’s clear there’s a culture and mindset problem, I just hope he doesn’t alienate the players while trying to maintain standards. He needs them on side. 

25 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

So you mean they were going to stay over on the Wednesday night but went home after the game instead?

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Doesn’t surprise me - but on the other hand isn’t there an element of nobhead behaviour in every squad at every club. 

Mellon should absolutely drive team ethic and professionalism, but he also needs to pick his battles for the greater good. 

When you stack up all the stories this season it’s clear there’s a culture and mindset problem, I just hope he doesn’t alienate the players while trying to maintain standards. He needs them on side. 

Could be a symptom of the Unsworth period?