• Release
  9. 9. Mike Fondop

• Retain
    • Release
  10. 10. Hallam Hope

• Retain
    • Release

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 12:55 PM

1 minute ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

So you mean they were going to stay over on the Wednesday night but went home after the game instead?

Yeah, that was my understanding. 

Would rather fuck off home than a night together at a luxury hotel for team bonding with a day off on the Thursday anyway. 

6 hours ago, Wardie said:

Mellon's comments.

"The way it is now, everybody that's here has got another year's contract so it's difficult because everything's pretty much tied up, everything's already been spent on the group that's here and the frustrating part is the group needs a lot of help and we won't have the ability to do anything about that, even with the outgoings"

I take it he means the contracted players who remain and there is no budget left, even if he gets rid of some?

"It wasn't a team that was flying at the top of the league, the manager unfortunately lost his job because the team wasn't performing for him, and it's all still here."

Players deliberately not performing for Unsworth and now doing the same for Mellon, so just not performing regardless?

"But I said weeks ago this needs major surgery and I said on game two when we played Fylde at Fylde, I said to people 'I think we're in trouble. I think I've taken over something here that could be in trouble, and I mean at the other end'."

The other end of what? Does he mean the Board?

"The owners of this football club and Darren Royle are absolutely fantastic, unbelievable people. People that I couldn't speak highly enough of. Absolutely terrific people. But this, what's been put together at the minute, isn't matching up to what needs to be done in order to win games of football at this level."

I'm sure he's having a go at the Board here.

He baffles me.

He said at the other end of the table, with crystal clarity 

Just now, League one forever said:

Would rather fuck off home than a night together at a luxury hotel for team bonding with a day off on the Thursday anyway. 

Right I see. Then tiredness was blamed for getting stuffed by Ebbsfleet 4-1 two days later..

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Says to me that there is a schism in the squad and some would have rather gone home whilst some may have preferred to stay. Even in my job, some people are divisive knobheads, I guess it must be commonplace.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

So you mean they were going to stay over on the Wednesday night but went home after the game instead?

No; they were leaving at lunchtime on the weds. They had Thursday off.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He said at the other end of the table, with crystal clarity 

Yes, someone has already made that observation and he didn't actually say "at the other end of the table". What exactly was the "Other end" when he took over? If he had said the wrong end of the table, then fair enough.

It's all down to the interpretation of words.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Yes, someone has already made that observation and he didn't actually say "at the other end of the table". What exactly was the "Other end" when he took over? If he had said the wrong end of the table, then fair enough.

It's all down to the interpretation of words.

Ok m certainly not going to listen to it again but I'm sure he said relegation 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Ok m certainly not going to listen to it again but I'm sure he said relegation 

Oh, I didn't realise you were meaning the interview. Sorry Dave, I took the quotes from the Oldham Times article..I should have said. See how easy it is to get mixed messages.

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Oh, I didn't realise you were meaning the interview. Sorry Dave, I took the quotes from the Oldham Times article..I should have said. See how easy it is to get mixed messages.

Ah!

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Doesn’t surprise me - but on the other hand isn’t there an element of nobhead behaviour in every squad at every club. 

Mellon should absolutely drive team ethic and professionalism, but he also needs to pick his battles for the greater good. 

When you stack up all the stories this season it’s clear there’s a culture and mindset problem, I just hope he doesn’t alienate the players while trying to maintain standards. He needs them on side. 

I think you will find he has already alienated the players and hence the results of the end of the season. I’m sure he was right to challenge their behaviour, but this group are not all good with criticism. He now has the job of fixing the problem.

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why wasn’t captain fantastic dropped like reid then ? 

Then we might not have been lumbered with another 12 months contract presumably 

The Hogan business doesn't stack up to me, he's average at best and I wouldn't need any sort of reason to drop him and I'd presumed he continued to play him because of his professionalism, that though is now being questioned.

We've carried him in games lately and he's been awful, what I cannot understand is how he was allowed to play enough games to trigger a new deal, that's an expensive fuck up by someone as we need better both in his position and as Captain. I wouldn't have an outgoing Captain around a squad, it undermines the new one and it can also create mixed messages within the group particularly if there are cliques. 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The Hogan business doesn't stack up to me, he's average at best and I wouldn't need any sort of reason to drop him and I'd presumed he continued to play him because of his professionalism, that though is now being questioned.

We've carried him in games lately and he's been awful, what I cannot understand is how he was allowed to play enough games to trigger a new deal, that's an expensive fuck up by someone as we need better both in his position and as Captain. I wouldn't have an outgoing Captain around a squad, it undermines the new one and it can also create mixed messages within the group particularly if there are cliques. 

That must have been an oversight, bet his agent was sat counting down a the games and then hit them with it soon as it triggered. 

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Also on Mikey- 

He has a relationship with the fans, he seems a great bloke and good character. That’s important at anytime, but especially when you’re trying to rebuild. 

I want a lot more with his non playing characteristics in the squad. 

But he's shit. Get rid...

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

But he's shit. Get rid...

Yet is the only striker we have who can score with his head, run at defenders and score from range.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

I think you will find he has already alienated the players and hence the results of the end of the season. I’m sure he was right to challenge their behaviour, but this group are not all good with criticism. He now has the job of fixing the problem.

I meant moving forward because he already has. . 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Hogan seems a very flawed leader with his favourites, who he doesn't challenge eg Kitching, Norwood.

His treatment of Sutton , who we know struggles, is very poor. Aggressively bawling him out repeatedly is something other than leadership.

He confronts the refs and pushes them into a corner rather than working to get them to give us a hearing.

He has one clear error a game in him at least eg he started the rot against Fylde at home.

He also has a vested interest in staying at this level as it is the best he's going to get.

Given the options locally, I fear we are stuck with him.

On 4/25/2024 at 10:01 PM, League one forever said:

No, they stayed over Tuesday night and had a the hotel facilities on the weds morning (pool etc). Some of the squad and medical team complained apparently complained.