• Release
  9. 9. Mike Fondop

• Retain
    • Release
  10. 10. Hallam Hope

• Retain
    • Release

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 12:55 PM

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

He said the budget was already taken up by players under contract. Doesn't mean he didn't want to keep some out of contract players but probably its a 1 out 1 in situation. Knowing our luck the players he may want to keep will have found new clubs by the time we get rid of some of the contracted players and if the budget is really tight, do you think we will find a striker much better than Fondop on less money than he was?

Might do if we get Josh Stones on loan for a season.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Might do if we get Josh Stones on loan for a season.

Less than £800 a week?? I doubt that, unless Wigan are feeling like a charity. I do think Wigan will be looking at getting him involved in their matchday squad this season providing he's recovered from his injury over the summer.

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Less than £800 a week?? I doubt that, unless Wigan are feeling like a charity. I do think Wigan will be looking at getting him involved in their matchday squad this season providing he's recovered from his injury over the summer.

You did say much better though and we don't know how Fondup would be offered.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just seen the retained list. . . What am I missing? 

It reads factual and ambiguous. How can that be?? 

I wonder if they’ve said to a few- if no one moves, we can’t offer you anything. If players leave, we might come back to you with something? 

That was my initial thought, we could be way off of course but if that is the case we are in the shit as it really does mean we (and i really means Unsworth et al) have spunked the budget up the wall!

I will guarantee that some of those 'released' will be training with us and end up re-signing.

Imagine the pissboil amongst the fanbase if they announced a new deal for the likes of McGahey who polled about 8% on here from fans who thought we should retain.

I'm getting fucked off with the clubs lack of engagement at a pretty crucial time in the season, it's almost feels like them and us now and I really do fear for our attendances next season if there isn't a shift in mood, of course the clubs not obliged to disclose anything or even share their plans for the future but for me thats piss poor form that harks back to years gone by,

It's been compounded by Mellons disastrous stints in front of the camera recently which have frankly been on a par with his touchline antics and embarrassing for the club.

I'm not holding my breath - this is football after all where all business acumen goes right out of the window but what a shame it would be to start disenfranchising the fan base because they have received some criticism, it's a very dangerous game they are playing and I for one am turned off from it all.

• Like 4

Just now, oafc1955 said:

He means you’re looking for confrontation again as well you know!!

No. I've left his posts alone for months. In that time he has still decided to pick me out, without me mentioning him or replying to him. So fuck him

York list is better structured. But they don't have the bloated squad, bag of exiles, unwanted that we have under contract.

Leavers are clear to me- perhaps there will be some back pedaling on that if we clear out more on the on contract players.

There maybe conversations going on with some contracted players- find another club, you don't really figure.....- but I wouldn't expect to put that on the web.

Discreet back channel conversations with interested parties for contracted players might result in a few 'undisclosed' or a few outgoing loans with lower contributions from us.

Pasting 'we think player X is crap and he can do one at the earliest' isn't the way to go even though we think it.

Edited by Longlostfan
typo

3 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

York list is better structured. But they don't have the bloated squad, back of exiles, unwanted that we have under contract.

Leavers are clear to me- perhaps there will be some back pedaling on that if we clear out more on the on contract players.

There maybe conversations going on with some contracted players- find another club, you don't really figure.....- but I wouldn't expect to put that on the web.

Discreet back channel conversations with interested parties for contracted players might result in a few 'undisclosed' or a few outgoing loans with lower contributions from us.

Pasting 'we think player X is crap and he can do one at the earliest' isn't the way to go even though we think it.

York have a more bloated squad than us. Recruited so poorly. 23 professionals even after their released players. Plenty of them were out on loan as well at places. 

19 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

York have a more bloated squad than us. Recruited so poorly. 23 professionals even after their released players. Plenty of them were out on loan as well at places. 

TBH I didn't look too closely at the list of York names just the structure.

Counting names it is a bit of a muchness- 36 for us, 33 for them but as you say they still have 23 of them

Both squads size are an argument for quality over quantity

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm getting fucked off with the clubs lack of engagement at a pretty crucial time in the season, it's almost feels like them and us now and I really do fear for our attendances next season if there isn't a shift in mood, of course the clubs not obliged to disclose anything or even share their plans for the future but for me thats piss poor form that harks back to years gone by,

It's been compounded by Mellons disastrous stints in front of the camera recently which have frankly been on a par with his touchline antics and embarrassing for the club.

I'm not holding my breath - this is football after all where all business acumen goes right out of the window but what a shame it would be to start disenfranchising the fan base because they have received some criticism, it's a very dangerous game they are playing and I for one am turned off from it all.

Good post 👍

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

York list is better structured. But they don't have the bloated squad, bag of exiles, unwanted that we have under contract.

How difficult can it be……At this moment in time they will know who they definitely don’t want so all they needed to say was eg. All our out of contract players are being released apart from x & y with whom we are conducting talks.

X, y & z from the academy have been offered terms.

From our list of contracted players x y & z will be placed on the transfer list made available for loan or offered a settlement.

10 hours ago, penrhyn said:

He is also the quickest defender we have.

But he runs like he is busting for a crap, it's just about touching cloth and he still has another 10 metres to go to the toilet.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I will guarantee that some of those 'released' will be training with us and end up re-signing.

Imagine the pissboil amongst the fanbase if they announced a new deal for the likes of McGahey who polled about 8% on here from fans who thought we should retain.

A good post. 

An "easy win" we haven't improved is communication and media since the takeover. 

I really hope today's article was just badly executed, rather than being deliberately vague. 

38 minutes ago, JoeP said:

A good post. 

An "easy win" we haven't improved is communication and media since the takeover. 

I really hope today's article was just badly executed, rather than being deliberately vague. 

I'm surprised Suzanne at the OT hasn't asked proper questions of the club instead of just copying and pasting the piece and merely raising doubts on line.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

"We would like to thank the players who depart this summer and we wish them well in their future careers"

Can only assume some of you lot can't read cos there's nothing vague about that...

Suzanne just posted an update. Amazingly enough it isn’t as clear as that. Fondop, Gardner, Green and McGahey might be offered new terms if savings are made elsewhere in the squad (Nuttall and Willoughby mentioned). The others are definitely going.