Would you like to see home fans back in the Chaddy End once Abdallah is in charge?

Back in the Chaddy?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see home fans back in the Chaddy End once we're under new ownership?

• Yes
    • No

It will always be our home end to me.... the place I stood with my dad in 1986 and fell in love with the place.... so yes. I’d love him to knock it down and build a safe standing terrace with a bar and a cantaliver roof that blocks all natural sunlight from the houses on the site of the old staff/players Car Park and Clayton Arms too, rendering them less saleable for the Mo fo’s in the U.S. of A.

Edited by lookersstandandy

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

ABSOLUTELY NO! That stand is shite! You can’t see a things for all the posts! I have no understanding why oldham fans want to sit in that shit hole. 

I havent had a season ticket in there since 2006 but despite the polls I could quite clearly see every goal that was scored at either end of the pitch.

26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It will always be our home end to me.... the place I stood with my dad in 1986 and fell in love with the place.... so yes. I’d love him to knock it down and build a safe standing terrace with a bar and a cantaliver roof that blocks all natural sunlight from the houses on the site of the old staff/players Car Park and Clayton Arms too, rendering them less saleable for the Mo fo’s in the U.S. of A.

Absolutely. No chance of us developing that now though not with the proximity of those new houses.

Baffling why anyone would want to give the Away Fans clearly the best of the 'End Stands'

Other than from a nostalgic point of view it makes no sense at all

The Jimmy Frizzell Stand offers growth for more Home Fans should we improve the performance on the pitch, whereas if we swapped Stands we would be giving the larger Stand to the Away Fans, who lets be honest, other than a few Clubs don't get remotely close to filling the Chaddy End

btw, my Dad and Grandad took me to my first game in the late 60's and we stood in the Chaddy End so I fully appreciate the History :chubb:

The paddock in front of the Ford stand was home for my son and I.  Some bloody idiot knocked it down let it fester and built the great white elephant on it.  Turn back the clocks.

Lets be sensible the Chaddy End needs money spending on it and too many people like the RRE.  Onwards not backwards...

• Like 1

God no.  We've now moved on and honestly the Chaddy arguably isn't even next on the list for redevelopment either.

In a more perfect world the lookers redevelopment would have become the "new" main stand complete with changing rooms and what the players needed.  That would enable the current main stand to become an option.  Sadly and understandably, money was the overriding factor on getting what we ended up with.

Edited by joncurtis199

If we went back to the Chaddy and then we had the stand rebuilt the home fans would have to relocate again while the rebuild was carried out - It seems like a lot of messing around to me.

Now of course if the Chaddy end was rebuilt first, with a large standing area then it should be made our sacred home stand once more.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You never stood on there as a kid I take it?

I did and I stood there as an adult too. I also had a season ticket for years from when it became seated. 

Its a shit hole.   Without a major revamp we should let the away fans endure it. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I did and I stood there as an adult too. I also had a season ticket for years from when it became seated. 

Its a shit hole.   Without a major revamp we should let the away fans endure it. 

My point was aimed at the posters comments because for me nostalgia still plays a part regardless of the dump the stands become.

As we all know,many people,myself included would prefer the Chaddy to be the Home end.

That said,many prefer the Rocky with it's vastly superior facilities.

The only reason we were thrown out of the Chaddy was to fill the white elephant. I would like to go back but it won't happen,so may as well sit back in the lap of luxury with a perfect view of the pitch and enjoy my prawn sandwiches!

35 minutes ago, archiecat said:

As we all know,many people,myself included would prefer the Chaddy to be the Home end.

That said,many prefer the Rocky with it's vastly superior facilities. 

Would you care to elaborate on said superior facilities please, okay there are no posts obsructing your view and the seats are pitched at a better angle offering a decent view but the facilities are as shite as the Chaddy in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Would you care to elaborate on said superior facilities please, okay there are no posts obsructing your view and the seats are pitched at a better angle offering a decent view but the facilities are as shite as the chaddy in my opinion.

No need my friend,you have just done it  :D

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Would you care to elaborate on said superior facilities please, okay there are no posts obsructing your view and the seats are pitched at a better angle offering a decent view but the facilities are as shite as the Chaddy in my opinion.

The ladies bogs in the RRE are much better than the ones in the Chaddy.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

The fact that the seats are better and the view is far superior is enough for a spectator sport surely.  It’s why we are there. Anything else is an aside. The chaddy is an absolute dump. It’s undeniable. 

Edited by kowenicki