3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The current owner and Scholes have been here for 20 years?  Each new situation deserves the same chance.... to be fair. 

Fair point but if we can't make this appointment work I think it's going to be much the same under AL as it was under the previous incumbent.

Edited by yarddog73

17 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Which game and manager are we talking about here? We've had so many (managers and games...)

I assume johnson, the only game I can remember is us beating them in one of his first games. So lee can’t have threw the game and his dad needed to win so wouldn’t have 

Edited by latics22

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I assume johnson, the only game I can remember is us beating them in one of his first games. So lee can’t have through the game and his dad needed to win so wouldn’t have 

I assumed the same.  December v Yeovil.  

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I assume johnson, the only game I can remember is us beating them in one of his first games. So lee can’t have threw the game and his dad needed to win so wouldn’t have 

Johnson was appointed March 13, we beat Yeovil 0-1 in April 13. We lost 0-4 in December 14. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

18 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

No but the current owner has been here for the last 18 months at least and unless there are Trump levels of "Fake news" about Oldham in that time then let's face it you can't blame people for being pessimistic.

I’d say about half of what we hear has a basis in truth... 

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair point but if we can't make this appointment work I think it's going to be much the same under AL as it was under the previous incumbent.

If this appointment doesn’t work I don’t see AL sticking around for too long afterwards☹️

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

It's just the Keith Lards amongst us. They love a rule and the opportunity to wax lyrical about one, use some big words & jargon. 

And, in the end, they are almost always wrong ... :lol: 

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Both a long word (the longest word in the dictionary) and some jargon. It's a very specific type of lung disease. 

Sorry but with no downboats you had to expect that. 😎

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I don’t think there’s much the same so far between AL and the 3 Amigos. 

It it looks to me as though AL is attempting start on his arse then work his way up.

I’m hoping he’s tried it his way and is now going more traditional. A learning curve, to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 1