Callum Dolan

8 minutes ago, robboman said:

Got 8 months in a Young Offenders Institution. 

His lawyer Iain Johnstone said in mitigation: ''Oldham Athletic are prepared to stand by him but only if the sentence doesn’t result in custody.

🤔 

The lad's not had much of a life so far so I hope he's able to straighten himself out and fulfill his ambitions either with us or another club.

He really needs to stop doing stupid things (like trying to outrun a BMW in a Clio), knuckle down and make the most of his talent or his life prospects will look decidedly bleak.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The lad's not had much of a life so far so I hope he's able to straighten himself out and fulfill his ambitions either with us or another club.

He really needs to stop doing stupid things (like trying to outrun a BMW in a Clio), knuckle down and make the most of his talent or his life prospects will look decidedly bleak.

I hope he comes good, it actually 

makes me really sad when I heard this.

It seems football is his only hope. Very tough start for the lad, his mother walking out and he's left with a criminal of a father, then fostered out to an Uncle who didn't have the space. He, not unexpectedly isn't very bright. I hope we give him another chance when he comes out. 

6 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

The fact that he couldn’t outrun the police when he left the vehicle suggests pace wouldn’t have been his strength.

Seriously though sounds like he’s had a rough beginning to life and I hope he gets through it and comes out and makes something of himself. 

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Can the copper who caught him play football, as Dolan should have been able to out run him but was caught pretty quickly.

Seriously folks don’t text and drive. 8 months inside would be very lenient for what could have happened. 

17 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Is £1,000pm meeting the minimum wage? 

If you take £1000/ month over 52 weeks at the minimum rate for an 18 year old its 37/hrs week.

Not a fortune but there are plenty of kids working at that rate, doing more hours with fewer prospects.

He wouldn't have had to do so much to get a proper contract with much greater rewards.

Maybe he learns and gets another chance. I'd be more understanding about him than those 3 knobs at Derby.

18 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

If you take £1000/ month over 52 weeks at the minimum rate for an 18 year old its 37/hrs week.

Not a fortune but there are plenty of kids working at that rate, doing more hours with fewer prospects.

He wouldn't have had to do so much to get a proper contract with much greater rewards.

Maybe he learns and gets another chance. I'd be more understanding about him than those 3 knobs at Derby.

The one driving the car with Keogh in, is quite likely to get a custodial sentence. I think the other one may well get time too, didn’t Tony Adams get 90 days for drunk driving back in the day. Especially with the other stuff they can probably be charged with.

There is talk that it wasn’t just drink driving either. 

Archived