#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

You say a couple.....where has that come from? We don’t really know how many members are waiting to invest!

You're right1955. 

Do we know how anonymous FLG members there are in the 'background' ?

They'll need to add a few 000s on the £100Ks lets hope Paul Scholes is one of them.

4 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

You're right1955. 

Do we know how anonymous FLG members there are in the 'background' ?

They'll need to add a few 000s on the £100Ks lets hope Paul Scholes is one of them.

He'd have a legitimate business reason to remain anonymous. But I'd think the EFL would look at his ownership of the land a footbal club is on as a conflict of interest with the ownership of a different football club. The EFL are the sort of organisation to take a dim view of anyone trying to subvert their processes by remaining anonymous too. 

Abdallah has a legitimate business reason to remain anonymous too. 😁

For all those who don't think "Fan Power" can change their club's destiny, glad to see Charlton Athletic fans are  celebrating today after their hated owner has sold out

Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient have both succeeded after long arduous struggles and have their club back...…….is there sufficient belief, fire in the belly and desire to change at Boundary Park or do we simply wait & see whether AL is prepared to change his behaviour and act in the best interests of the club or get fed up and drop it and go?     

https://t.co/iUYjAznzXj?amp=1

Yes great news for Charlton supporters. This quote lifted from the BBC today. My bold print editing.

"We are privileged to take ownership of such an historic club and it is incredibly exciting to be part of the process of building a fresh future for the fans, loyal club staff and players of Charlton Athletic," said Southall.

"Their [the fans'] support throughout some difficult times, both recently and in the past, has been inspirational and we intend to build on that loyalty."

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

"Their [the fans'] support throughout some difficult times, both recently and in the past, has been inspirational and we intend to build on that loyalty."

18/19 League One  League One  23 0 272.032 11.827
17/18 League One  League One  23 0 272.449 11.846
16/17 League One  League One  23 0 256.723 11.162
15/16 Championship  Championship  23 0 359.541 15.632
14/15 Championship  Championship  23 0 384.282 16.708

The average attendances show that they decreased at the Valley over the 5 years he was there. This includes a relegation granted, yet they had a lower average attendance last season despite being promoted than they did the year before?

Protests against that owner started in March 2016. Been a tough battle for them but finally they feel amongst their supporters who decided not to attend can return.

40 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Yes great news for Charlton supporters. This quote lifted from the BBC today. My bold print editing.

"We are privileged to take ownership of such an historic club and it is incredibly exciting to be part of the process of building a fresh future for the fans, loyal club staff and players of Charlton Athletic," said Southall.

I spoke to one of the CAST directors a month or so ago. The FSA put us in contact with them with regards to sharing of good practice.

Their Director explained what had galvanised them, how they planned an effective campaign on trying to hold their owner to task and then pursuaded the owner to sell. What support they got from the EFL, to how key decisions on approaching the fan base nearly split their team in two, to how they could never please all the fan base on their actions.

It was very insightful, they were equally questioning on how the Trust entitlement came about.

Well done CAST

44 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I'm currently on a train with a lifelong Charlton fan. It's blindingly obvious that what that statement means is their determination to try to get what's best for the club. Not just going to games. 

55 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

18/19 League One  League One  23 0 272.032 11.827
17/18 League One  League One  23 0 272.449 11.846
16/17 League One  League One  23 0 256.723 11.162
15/16 Championship  Championship  23 0 359.541 15.632
14/15 Championship  Championship  23 0 384.282 16.708

The average attendances show that they decreased at the Valley over the 5 years he was there. This includes a relegation granted, yet they had a lower average attendance last season despite being promoted than they did the year before?

Protests against that owner started in March 2016. Been a tough battle for them but finally they feel amongst their supporters who decided not to attend can return.

Most of their protests were done inside the ground though weren't they? 

34 minutes ago, underdog said:

I spoke to one of the CAST directors a month or so ago. The FSA put us in contact with them with regards to sharing of good practice.

Their Director explained what had galvanised them, how they planned an effective campaign on trying to hold their owner to task and then pursuaded the owner to sell. What support they got from the EFL, to how key decisions on approaching the fan base nearly split their team in two, to how they could never please all the fan base on their actions.

It was very insightful, they were equally questioning on how the Trust entitlement came about.

Well done CAST

Lots of food for thought for the Oldham Trust, other supporters and stakeholders

Hopefully a model can be developed for an effective campaign to hold Oldham's owners to account and persuade our owners to sell  - look forward to more info from Trust on this

Many thanks Underdog & I reiterate congratulations to CAST

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm currently on a train with a lifelong Charlton fan. It's blindingly obvious that what that statement means is their determination to try to get what's best for the club. Not just going to games. 

Is it?

Not all of us are on the train with a Charlton fan.

Ask him/her if HB's comment above is correct? If it is then you have to get in the ground.

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Most of their protests were done inside the ground though weren't they? 

Some of their protests were in the ground, others donated their season ticket money to the group arranging the ‘in ground protests’ that’s how it was co-ordinated.

Some chose not to go as a boycott, others decided they would rather still watch the team but actively protest in the ground with co-ordinated action

19 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Is there an estimate/expectation/ ambition for the number of people on the protest next Saturday? 

At this moment we would expect a minimum of 150 but expect many more than this from the comments received. A number of supporters from Leyton Orient and Bury will also be attending. This is about fans standing as one to show the club we aren’t happy with how things are going. Fans can then either go to the game or not after. We want absent supporters and currently attending ones to stand with us next Saturday. We are in the rifle range from 12 today if anyone is around for a chat 👍 

32 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Is there an estimate/expectation/ ambition for the number of people on the protest next Saturday? 

27 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

At this moment we would expect a minimum of 150 but expect many more than this from the comments received. A number of supporters from Leyton Orient and Bury will also be attending. This is about fans standing as one to show the club we aren’t happy with how things are going. Fans can then either go to the game or not after. We want absent supporters and currently attending ones to stand with us next Saturday. We are in the rifle range from 12 today if anyone is around for a chat 👍 

I think the protest will be a pivotal moment. It`ll be the first time I`ve set foot near Latics since very early season and I hope many hundreds turn out to express their disapproval. This really is the time for all fans to come together as one. Surely, no fan can be happy about the general state of our club?

Time to put differences to one side and act with unity. 

Whittles left foot -  would you agree with those sentiments and will you be coming along? (not a dig a genuine question).

Also, what is the Trust's stance here please? i.e. supporting in principle, not supporting or adopting Corbyn style neutrality?

18 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Whittles left foot -  would you agree with those sentiments and will you be coming along? (not a dig a genuine question).

I will be interested to see what the turnout is.

No problem with anybody who believes this is the way forward.

Will I be there? No, but I will be today, meeting somebody for a beer in the OEC before.

8 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I will be interested to see what the turnout is.

No problem with anybody who believes this is the way forward.

Will I be there? No, but I will be today, meeting somebody for a beer in the OEC before.

Fan bar is closed today.

16 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Some of their protests were in the ground, others donated their season ticket money to the group arranging the ‘in ground protests’ that’s how it was co-ordinated.

Some chose not to go as a boycott, others decided they would rather still watch the team but actively protest in the ground with co-ordinated action

30,000  went to  Wembley for the play off final. they didn't boycott that

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Also, what is the Trust's stance here please? i.e. supporting in principle, not supporting or adopting Corbyn style neutrality?

TBH, I would love to comment as both fan and Trust and respond in a timely manner.....rather than wait for a statement to come out.

However, I have to be mindful of the power of this website and they type of people/organisations/press who actively monitor it. Which is not a bad thing if used for the right reasons.

As an organisation we are trying to promote good practice, having a social media and code of conduct forms part of this. Words are powerful and typing the wrong words can land a person in it...ie me and it has done, hence me not coming on here as often and directing fans to the main Trust website to log questions

Cheers

Archived