Walsall tuesday

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pains me to say it bit got a feeling Vera may feature somehow tonight 😱.... and it's not even Halloween yet...

Even though he is super shit, playing him up front with Desire is at least worth a look for 45 mins after Saturday.

How much worse can it get than losing at home to Macc? 

55 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I’d go for:

Hallworth

Irwin

Jobson

Barrett

Barlow

Adams

Milligan

Henry

Holden

Bunn

Ritchie

Subs:

Rhodes

Fleming

Warhurst

Redfearn

Marshall

Palmer

That’ll do us! 😊⚽

That poole of players made many very happy and proud to be followers of the boys in blue.. If only.... 

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Sylla out for tonight.. Hopefully this will force Dino to be a bit more adventurous getting forward. 

So.. no Sylla, Maouche, Egert, Mills, Branger... but I still think we will start with one up top 😕

Also, I had forgotten about McCann who may be asked to play the defensive midfield role. Fage must be in contention too.

Will be watching this on iFollow methinks.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So.. no Sylla, Maouche, Egert, Mills, Branger... but I still think we will start with one up top 😕

Also, I had forgotten about McCann who may be asked to play the defensive midfield role. Fage must be in contention too.

Were is Branger?

8 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Were is Branger?

Injured. If Maouche is suspended, that's another bonus. And if Vera is training with the kids, another bonus.

Throw some of the kids in, Dino. They might just show some passion and fight.

43 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Debating wether to go, the fact Sylla can’t play has made up my mind. I’m going, one less fraud I’ll have to watch. 

I've been to maybe half the games home and away this season, and each one I've seen, sylla and missiliou have been our most consistent performers by a mile. I'd take a team full of their desire and energy and fight. No frills but do their job to a good standard

2 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I've been to maybe half the games home and away this season, and each one I've seen, sylla and missiliou have been our most consistent performers by a mile. I'd take a team full of their desire and energy and fight. No frills but do their job to a good standard

We'd be no better off.

They're both consistently average - which is a bit better than their team mates but still not good enough.

Neither of them ever do much wrong but when have they ever obviously positively influenced a game and a result?  

Missilou's couple of goals maybe but it's become a bonus to have have a midfielder chipping in rather than the minimum standard it should be for a team wanting to do something....

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We'd be no better off.

They're both consistently average - which is a bit better than their team mates but still not good enough.

Neither of them ever do much wrong but when have they ever obviously positively influenced a game and a result?  

Missilou's couple of goals maybe but it's become a bonus to have have a midfielder chipping in rather than the minimum standard it should be for a team wanting to do something....

Missilou's the leading goalscorer isn't he? Sounds like a positive influence to me. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Missilou's the leading goalscorer isn't he? Sounds like a positive influence to me. 

To be fair I'm only three goals behind and I've spent most of this season checking the other scores on my phone.

42 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We'd be no better off.

Sylla has massive influence as his job is to break up play and pass it. Sane with missiliou last season. Its fane all over again. Fane did his job superbly but 90% of our fans don't no much about football as they called him shit because he didn't kick off attacks and he couldn't shoot. His job was to win the ball back and pass it five yards to someone who can influence the game. And he did it every single game. Sylla is the same. And now hes getting shit off fans. The way 451 works is the DCM breaks up attacks and then passes it so the rest can then build our own attack. It wasnt fanes fault and it's not sylla fault that the rest of the team aren't doing their jobs. To use an analogy, they're killing the turkey and preparing it to b cooked, then the chef cooks it. If the Turkey is crap and ruins Christmas dinner, it's not their fault it's the chefs

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Tough call, Bake Off semi final. 

8 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Sylla has massive influence as his job is to break up play and pass it. Sane with missiliou last season. Its fane all over again. Fane did his job superbly but 90% of our fans don't no much about football as they called him shit because he didn't kick off attacks and he couldn't shoot. His job was to win the ball back and pass it five yards to someone who can influence the game. And he did it every single game. Sylla is the same. And now hes getting shit off fans. The way 451 works is the DCM breaks up attacks and then passes it so the rest can then build our own attack. It wasnt fanes fault and it's not sylla fault that the rest of the team aren't doing their jobs. To use an analogy, they're killing the turkey and preparing it to b cooked, then the chef cooks it. If the Turkey is crap and ruins Christmas dinner, it's not their fault it's the chefs

Yeah Fane so so good he’s not got a club and Sylla is so good he’s 21st in league 2. 

They look good as we spend time without the fucking ball and they run around a lot. When will people understand if you have players who can keep the ball and Dominate games we don’t need these marathon runners. Misslou isn’t in that bracket by the way, he’s good with the ball and can find a pass. 

10 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

You don’t understand football 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

You don’t understand football 

I do very well. If it was a simple 442 formation where everyone chips in and everyone is a box to box player then sylla wouldn't fit. But in a 451 when your wingers play the majority high up the pitch (or should be doin) then you need a DCM to just break up play, pass it and sit there to cover. Which is exactly what sylla does. Its always happened at this club. If a player doesn't attack or play a blinding through ball or take a few players on, then hes shit. Those jobs are for the likes of maouche and the wingers and now missiliou, who I think even though hes not pulled up any trees has give it a right good go to say hes playing out of his comfortable position of DCM. If maouche and co did their jobs then sylla would look like the best DCM in the division. But because they're failing at their jobs syllas job looks pointless, therefore looks like hes not doing it at all

18 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Sylla gives away too many stupid free kicks including the one on saturday which lead to the goal, along with his somewhat ropey ability on the ball.

He does a few good things but the fact he is one of our "better" performers only highlights how shit we are.

Archived