New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You paying the wages for him, his staff and his expected transfer budget?

At the end of the day their are 70 applicants, if their is no agreement with Dowie we move on, no one is big enough to call the shots, who we could realistically appoint

The likes of Hodgson sticking his nose in to help a mate drives me mad, as he would only have Kuqi and not Latics best interest at heart. That is nothing against Kuqi

If he can get Dowie (and he will know the requirements after last time) then do it. If not, don't speak to him for anything other than advice and more on

Edited by laticdickovarmy

At the end of the day their are 70 applicants, if their is no agreement with Dowie we move on, no one is big enough to call the shots, who we could realistically appoint

The likes of Hodgson sticking his nose in to help a mate drives me mad, as he would only have Kuqi and not Latics best interest at heart. That is nothing against Kuqi

If he can get Dowie (and he will know the requirements after last time) then do it. If not, don't speak to him for anything other than advice and more on

What if Kenny Dalglish recommends someone to us again? Do we need to tell him not to stick his nose in?

Kuqi would be far from my first choice but if Corney saw enough in him to give him the job I'd be right behind it.

Seems an intelligent bloke, has played at the highest level under some proper managers and would scare the living :censored: out of some of these pisstaking :censored:.

I was in one of the corner suites after we'd lost a game under Dickov and Kuqi was dragged in afterwards to say a few words - he was :censored:ing SEETHING.

I thought then he'd possibly make a good manager.

Loads I'd prefer over him but, if he gets it, fine by me....

Don't know how people can totally dismiss Kuqi out of hand

I have reservations about Kuqi on the basis of his attitude when he was here as a player. He was great when things were going his way but petulant and sulky when the going got a bit tougher - not traits you look for in a manager.

When you say "we're" do you mean "I'm"?

There's far more value to be had for Corney, and us, in a first time manager...

Well at least me and the other chap coming out with rash statements. There's loads of unemployed talent out there many of which are still relatively young and not over the hill. While I agree with you I really hope we don't.

Kuqi would be like a cult leader. Didn't he once get sent to the stands in Finland and join the club's Ultras group?

Don't know how you can judge his intelligence or tactical nous, but he's a maniac and he'd be authoritarian at the least. Only concern is that he has already applied and failed to land the job. Would he be a downgrade on Johnson for that reason?

Kuqi would be like a cult leader. Didn't he once get sent to the stands in Finland and join the club's Ultras group?

Don't know how you can judge his intelligence or tactical nous, but he's a maniac and he'd be authoritarian

I'm in.

Especially for the "maniac" bit.

When you look at our last 6 permanent managers, Johnson, Dickov and Shez did much better jobs than Penney, Moore and Talbot. With that experience why would Corney go back to experience?

I'm not sure that's right.

Sheridan was as good as Penney was bad. The rest were much of a muchness. Moore did a decent job, but the fans didn't like his style of play and so voted with their feet. Talbot kept a side up that Chris Moore had ripped apart in the previous summer and beat Man City in the cup. It ended badly, but did Dickov and Johnson really achieve that much more?

We've been lucky to some extent with our rookie appoinments. I think we now need someone who we know, at their best, can do a job.

Don't know how you can judge his intelligence or tactical nous, but he's a maniac and he'd be authoritarian at the least. Only concern is that he has already applied and failed to land the job. Would he be a downgrade on Johnson for that reason?

Kuqi interviewed for the last job and said that we would "break them" to get them in shape it didn't go down well. Some players will respond to that others won't.

If things go wrong he will fall out with everyone get sent to the stands every game before walking out. For me it's a no.

For those wanting an experienced manager many with any pedigree will hold out for a better job plus they will want not just an excellent salary but money to strengthen the squad stuff we won't be able to give them. Last time Phil brown wanted more money than we were prepared to offer him and his track record apart from his time at hull is :censored:. Billy Davies is a non starter, Adkins is highly unlikely for these reasons.

For me the important thing will be not how much experience they have but how well they can fit into the existing structure. Lee Johnson didn't really achieve anything significant but he did lay some good foundations we just need someone to build on top of them not rip them up and start again. That will put us back 12 months. Take our time I hope we do this based on more than one interview and don't necessarily go for a name. Lee Johnson wasn't a name and while he moved on it doesn't mean that appointing him was a bad decision it was a good one.

I was in one of the corner suites after we'd lost a game under Dickov and Kuqi was dragged in afterwards to say a few words - he was :censored:ing SEETHING.

I thought then he'd possibly make a good manager.

Loads I'd prefer over him but, if he gets it, fine by me....

But Captain sideways always spoke really well in the corner suite, means sweet FA really. Sheridan for me and was a much better player than Kuqi