Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of what's gone on should the Trust not be calling a meeting to:-

a) hear the Trust's representative on the board's report on what actually went on (within reason - I appreciate some details will remain private & rightly so)

b ) give him a vote of confidence or no confidence

???

Edited by HarryBosch

Of course, I welcome anyone who questions this and the Data will only be used for OAFC purposes, one being your right to vote at the AGM. once the club has confirmed the data has been cleansed, We would like the club to contact those who have the right to vote, but I guess it comes down to man power and we will cross that hurdle at the Trust if it arises.

we have already tentatively discussed plan B) an article in programme, using social media and even a point in or outside the ground where you can collect the info/voting form etc, if the crm is not up and running

With regards to offers of help, yes good idea with regards to the one thread. May I suggest using the Trust Oldham pinned thread at the top of the forum page.

Thanks again everyone

Edited by underdog

Sorry just to clarify a quick point before semantics take over.

The data, your data, is the clubs and remains so. It was always the intention (and remains so) that an email communication (with non-emails posted) would be sent from the club inviting season ticket holders to register with the trust/permission for contact details primarily for the AGM.

Unfortunately for us the club brought in a new crm system in August which has delayed things massively.

There is a Trust section being created on the official site and (before the events of this week) a joint story on the official site was intended/will go out in January - I'll be getting an update from Jenny on the progress with the crm system before a January trust meeting.

And thank you BP your help will be appreciated, however please don't spend time creating something yet as we already have a system set up which should allow secure remote access (so any help doesn't need to be necessarily local-based)

I agree, it duplicating effort.

Nothing against your intent BP1960, not having a go at you at all. and well done for getting things moving. I applaud you in fact.

Word is a paid for system now, and is not completely compatibile with itself let alone other systems.

Google Docs might be better.

Two of us did some work on our towns Local Neighbourhood Plan and after looking at numerous options, the Google Docs offered the bet value for money, low cost easy access and large free capacity.

Thanks singe, I will look at google docs and have a play around with it, also other free compatible software as suggested.

My ten bob's worth on this.

Any role in the trust is a tough one; moreso I expect as the trust and club have stagnated over the years.

I have my own reasons for staying away from BP, but I think I will be back sooner rather than later after this week's shenanigans.

The primary role of ' the fan on the board' was to be a watchman. So Latics fans didn't have a Moore part 2 happening without any vision of it up front.

So far as I have been able to tell, the Marwan Koukash and Ched Evans sagas were not reported to the general populace of BP. These were exactly the kind of situations that should have been shouted up in my mind. Not every detail, just a heads up.

If that meant the fan on the board was excluded from meetings, then so be it. Read the primary objectives. Not one of them request that Corney has a whipping boy.

I fully understand that whilst the three amigos of the horsemen of the apocalypse had the club on a relatively even keel, the trust saw fit to step back; but they have failed miserably in being the watchmen over the club on behalf of the fans.

Time for a rethink.

The data, your data, is the clubs and remains so. It was always the intention (and remains so) that an email communication (with non-emails posted) would be sent from the club inviting season ticket holders to register with the trust/permission for contact details primarily for the AGM.

Unfortunately for us the club brought in a new crm system in August which has delayed things massively.

There is a Trust section being created on the official site and (before the events of this week) a joint story on the official site was intended/will go out in January - I'll be getting an update from Jenny on the progress with the crm system before a January trust meeting.

And thank you BP your help will be appreciated, however please don't spend time creating something yet as we already have a system set up which should allow secure remote access (so any help doesn't need to be necessarily local-based)

Thanks lookers, I am willing to input any details the Trust requires on the crm system, but would it have to be at the club or can I use the software at home?.

Hello oooo

The position on the board allows us to access to the Data. It has already been raised by Real if we have the right to the data though. This has been investigated and confirmed by Lookers that we can.

Of course, I welcome anyone who questions this and the Data will only be used for OAFC purposes, one being your right to vote at the AGM. In my mind, once the club has confirmed the data has been cleansed, I would like the club to contact those who have the right to vote, but I guess it comes down to man power and we will cross that hurdle at the Trust if it arises.

If we cannot access your contact details, we have already tentatively discussed an article in programme, using social media and even a point in or outside the ground where you can collect the info/voting form.

With regards to offers of help, yes good idea with regards to the one thread. May I suggest using the Trust Oldham pinned thread at the top of the forum page.

Thanks again everyone

Either my understand of the data protection act is wrong... or your understanding is...

The Trust and the club are totally separate legal entities. If I gave my personal details to the club and they shared it with the Trust without my permission this would certainly be a violation of the data protection act in my mind.

Being a club director would give Barry access to the information. He would be under a duty to protect that information like any club employee. The Trust being a shareholder would not give them a right to the information unless the person agreed to this.

Who is advising the trust ?

I am a share holder in a number of companies. Doesn't give me any rights to obtain customer information.

Am I missing something ?

Edited by oafc0000

I wish I had read this before posting my post above...

So no information will be handed over. Thank god for that! Would of been a legal disaster!

My ten bob's worth on this.

Any role in the trust is a tough one; moreso I expect as the trust and club have stagnated over the years.

I have my own reasons for staying away from BP, but I think I will be back sooner rather than later after this week's shenanigans.

The primary role of ' the fan on the board' was to be a watchman. So Latics fans didn't have a Moore part 2 happening without any vision of it up front.

So far as I have been able to tell, the Marwan Koukash and Ched Evans sagas were not reported to the general populace of BP. These were exactly the kind of situations that should have been shouted up in my mind. Not every detail, just a heads up.

If that meant the fan on the board was excluded from meetings, then so be it. Read the primary objectives. Not one of them request that Corney has a whipping boy.

I fully understand that whilst the three amigos of the horsemen of the apocalypse had the club on a relatively even keel, the trust saw fit to step back; but they have failed miserably in being the watchmen over the club on behalf of the fans.

Time for a rethink.

Derek, out of interest, is your current position that you'll return if and when Corney is gone?

Thanks lookers, I am willing to input any details the Trust requires on the crm system, but would it have to be at the club or can I use the software at home?.

From anywhere - one of the considerations so we could request assistance/accept offers of help from further afield

From anywhere - one of the considerations so we could request assistance/accept offers of help from further afield

Thanks, If someone from the Trust PMs me perhaps arrangements could be made for me to look at the database, I am a season ticket holder so assume I'm automatically a member - and I live within walking distance of the club. If voluntarily inputting a backlog of members data is all what's required that's no problem as I'm now retired and can spare an hour or two now and again.

Edited by BP1960

Thanks, If someone from the Trust PMs me perhaps arrangements could be made for me to look at the database, I am a season ticket holder so assume I'm automatically a member - and I live within walking distance at the club. If voluntarily inputting a backlog of members data is all what's required that's no problem as I'm now retired and can spare an hour or two now and again.

Thanks BP once I've got an update from the club on their crm I'll drop you a pm to let you know timings, work required etc - it won't be for a few days so do bear with me I certainly won't forget

April thanks Tracey. There is no point anyone siting back and just saying it wont work/I am too busy!

I heard it directly from Barry that the members can vote him out at re-election time! Just please everyone take up your membership of the Trust which is free to ST holders so for them just take your season ticket down to a meeting (TBA) at the O2 suite and register as a member, Tracey is it £5 for non ST holders?

Push the issue about how/if you will be contacted about any AGM/votes etc! When the time comes ensure that you either attend to vote or organise a proxy!

Our club has been dragged through the gutter-take a little bit of time to try to fix the Trust bit of it-it is all that we really have!

Hello chaddy, I've had it confirmed that non ST holders can join the trust for £5.00 and they DO get voting rights too. Cheers

In light of what's gone on should the Trust not be calling a meeting to:-

a) hear the Trust's representative on the board's report on what actually went on (within reason - I appreciate some details will remain private & rightly so)

b ) give him a vote of confidence or no confidence

???

Exactly this

Craig, your regular response to criticism of the trust is to ask the person to step up and then you shoot them down if they say no.

Do you understand what a trust is?

If it was successful it would have over 3000 opinions, few of which would step up. If you think only the board / volunteers should have a say, you have completely missed the point.

Until you grasp this, you will continue to repeat the same line ad nauseum.

Craig, your regular response to criticism of the trust is to ask the person to step up and then you shoot them down if they say no.

Do you understand what a trust is?

If it was successful it would have over 3000 opinions, few of which would step up. If you think only the board / volunteers should have a say, you have completely missed the point.

Until you grasp this, you will continue to repeat the same line ad nauseum.

Quite a lot with this failure of thought...

I wish I had read this before posting my post above...

So no information will be handed over. Thank god for that! Would of been a legal disaster!

Sorry my fault....less haste being at work on all I should have re-read.

lookers and Chris have taken the lead on this and I should have re-direct questions to them

Again apologies