New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

An experienced Director of Football suggests and inexperienced first time coach. 22 days to build a team!

That could be the title of a comedy drama. There's this club which spends all its time shooting itself in the foot, always trying to sign players accused of crimes/ex cons, run by Del boy and Rodney Trotter type characters, prone to appointing coaches with either no or minimal experience, building a stand that's never quite finished and always tottering on the edge of extinction. Even their manager walks out to join a club in a lower league with a transfer embargo because they seem a better option. Things get so bad, they have no replacement manager or players and there's only 22 days to build a team. Then along comes a hero, walking down a rainy Sheepfoot Lane...who is that mystery man......no, seriously, who is he?????

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigfatjoe1" post="856181" timestamp=

That could be the title of a comedy drama. There's this club which spends all its time shooting itself in the foot, always trying to sign players accused of crimes/ex cons, run by Del boy and Rodney Trotter type characters, prone to appointing coaches with either no or minimal experience, building a stand that's never quite finished and always tottering on the edge of extinction. Even their manager walks out to join a club in a lower league with a transfer embargo because they seem a better option. Things get so bad, they have no replacement manager or players and there's only 22 days to build a team. Then along comes a hero, walking down a rainy Sheepfoot Lane...who is that mystery man......no, seriously, who is he?????

Hopefully it's only a one off and not a series coz it sounds pretty :censored:

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

funny how Craig Cash in early doors acts pretty well .. yet in that Rovers :censored:e he's absolutely bobbins! .. always looks to me to be trying too hard ..

Early Doors must have had something about it as James Mcavoy has done ok for himself (incidently also had a part in Band of Brothers) ..

I've always thought that Nick Lyndhurst also went very 'false' after only fools n horses too.. he's so wooden lol

Edited by thetramdriver

Nixon on Twitter.....

Working on some kind of dream ticket. ODriscoll plus one.

@reluctantnicko is the other name a good name or new to management?

Known name. Got to stress it's only latest idea. Could vanish in a puff of smoke.

To the regiment!

I've bumped into John Henshaw a couple of times through family/friends and he says that people go mad for early doors where ever he goes. It's what people ask him about the most.

I wish I was there!

He's a top bloke

To the regiment!

I've bumped into John Henshaw a couple of times through family/friends and he says that people go mad for early doors where ever he goes. It's what people ask him about the most.

I've seen the guy who plays the grumpy old man drinking I'm Chorlton a couple of times. Bit of a dude in real life.

Nixon on Twitter.....

Working on some kind of dream ticket. ODriscoll plus one.

@reluctantnicko is the other name a good name or new to management?

Known name. Got to stress it's only latest idea. Could vanish in a puff of smoke.

We can't afford any more gambles with time...I appreciate they want to get it right but even the right man won't be able to assemble any decent team soon with the time they have left.

I know the season is fast approaching, but we do have until the end of August to sign players and I think we'd be better served using that time if needed.

Obviously, we do need to raise a team before the start of the season first, but my worry is the new manager, whoever it is, makes some poor signings because we're in a hurry.