New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't. It makes a mockery of the whole process. They took applications, interviewed all the applicants that they shortlisted and then went for Evans, who hadn't even expressed an interest. They have now gone for O'Driscoll, who again didn't apply...

How do u know? What's wrong with them going after someone good who didn't apply? Was he not still manager of Leeds when Shez went?

Of course I can't state for certain whether Evans or O'Driscoll was in that 102 but I bet my left gonad that they weren't.

Do you reckon they were?!

I've no idea. And neither have you, it seems. So, it was pure guesswork and opinion, then. No?

It says something about the 102 applicants if (big IF) neither Evans nor SoD applied.

I can't see why this process is so difficult. Sift the applications. Invite short list to Boundary Park. Sit them down and then tell them about the remuneration package and budget - what you get and what you have to spend. Give them a cup of coffee, leaving the exit door open. Go back after 30 minutes and see if anyone is still there. If someone still wants the job have a chat and appoint them. Job done.

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ 2h2 hours ago

No white smoke yet but hope/expectation is later this week for a new #oafc manager (whoever that may be). Stop laughing at the back!

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ 2h2 hours ago

Players should quickly follow the new manager (whoever that is) as well, I'm assured. Deals already lined up ready to go. #oafc

Re Senor Coconut. The block on your posts applies from now on. I have realised for some time you have a vendetta against me and you obviously hope to ridicule and wind me up.It appears to me you get a kick out of it.

If I leave OWTB as I have been considering you and a couple of similar members will be the main reason.

Edited by BP1960

Does Evans now come back in the frame as the Forest job has gone?

It fell through due to him and the club wanting different deadlines after terms had been agreed didnt it?

Now we have the only job available so what can his deadline be?

Could explain another week of waiting...

Matt Chambers Twitter comments around player already being lined up would seem to fit with Evans coming back into the picture.

My worry about this though would be his commitment to the cause, I worry he'd be off at the first opportunity... knowing our luck just as we top the league :grin: