New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as his Youth Team positions Bunn has also worked as a Reserve Team Coach at Man City, First Team Coach - under Iain Dowie - at Coventry City, and Assistant Manager at Rochdale. He also had a short spell as Coventry's Caretaker Manager when Dowie was sacked.

I thought Shirtlif was only here until the end of the season anyway, and was planning to go back to the States. I heard Shez was looking for a new assistant for next season towards the end of last season.

May be he'd be tempted to stay for the top job but I wouldn't expect him to stay as an assistant.

Bolton in line to appoint Cotterell or Adkins

Adkins has a good track record at this level, aside from last year's big under achievement in Sheffield. Cotterill is probably the best manager you could get at this level.

The only thing that would hold them back would be their financial situation.

Bolton fans I know are sceptical about the chances of them announcing a manager anytime soon. Its 7 weeks since they first announced they had a short list of 3 and would make an appointment within a week.

It seems the feud between Anderson and Holdsworth is still going on due to Anderson not yet having put his promised investment in to the club.

They're still under transfer embargo and won't get out of that until they file accounts that are long overdue. That's a big problem for them given they've released 21 players and don't have many more than us left.

Dowie has disappeared from the SkyBet odds after being favourite briefly a few days ago, have I missed something? Has he ruled himself out?

Not sure he was ever in, but it's now traditional for him to have a surge in the betting whenever we need a new manager.