New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

I agree the does have to be paid for. However, if the club doesn't even own the stand and are only seeing a very small percentage of the profits from it, then :censored:ing pay for it out of your own money Corney and leave the club out of it. Why should we pay for something that isn't even ours?!

I believe we receive the matchday income from the stand (I remember that being said), the rest will probably go to paying off various debts. Both of which are positive for the club, no?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very backward, regressive thinking on these forums. It is bewildering.

Its these constant harbingers of doom that make me laugh...

They constantly predict the end is nigh without any actual facts so its purely based on assumption. Then the minute they are given some answers, they dont like them and they call bull :censored: and get even more angry. You cant make this :censored: up!

Not if you want to moan about everything lol

Hardly moan about everything do I really...I feel strongly about this one topic so have posted two or three times. I would absolutely love not to have to moan about anything but the current owner is making that increasingly difficult at the moment.

If the club and thus the team get all of the match day income, then come out and clarify that and I will happily come along and spend my hard earned at home games.

If Corney/OEC/BrassBank or whatever bull:censored: company he's using to rinse us are getting a large portion of the match day income then I will not line his pockets any more than I already have. Have they not made enough money from the land?! They have left this club with absolutely :censored:ing nothing and STILL continue to rinse every penny they can from us.

Its these constant harbingers of doom that make me laugh...

They constantly predict the end is nigh without any actual facts so its purely based on assumption. Then the minute they are given some answers, they dont like them and they call bull :censored: and get even more angry. You cant make this :censored: up!

Don't tar me with the same brush as the kiddies with the flags and smoke bombs. I am very much my own man with my own views that turns up to watch my team and want the best for my club like you do. I just happen to think our board and owner should kindly :censored: off.

Hardly moan about everything do I really...I feel strongly about this one topic so have posted two or three times. I would absolutely love not to have to moan about anything but the current owner is making that increasingly difficult at the moment.

If the club and thus the team get all of the match day income, then come out and clarify that and I will happily come along and spend my hard earned at home games.

If Corney/OEC/BrassBank or whatever bull:censored: company he's using to rinse us are getting a large portion of the match day income then I will not line his pockets any more than I already have. Have they not made enough money from the land?! They have left this club with absolutely :censored:ing nothing and STILL continue to rinse every penny they can from us.

Simon Brooke in Feb

4. Where do the revenues from the North Stand go?

All matchday ticketing revenue as well as revenue from the boxes goes to the football club as does all the profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners. The more successful the stand is in all aspects, the more positive the impact will be on the club finances.

Simon Brooke in Feb

All matchday ticketing revenue as well as revenue from the boxes goes to the football club as does all the profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners. The more successful the stand is in all aspects, the more positive the impact will be on the club finances.

Right? So basically ticket sales because what CLUB RELATED meetings are going to make any money? We're not going to pay to hold our own meetings are we? The only club related event I've seen is the promotion of the big screen which attracted around 30 fans and I'm sure I read was free food and drink? Hardly a money spinner.

People need to wake up.

Right? So basically ticket sales because what CLUB RELATED meetings are going to make any money? We're not going to pay to hold our own meetings are we? The only club related event I've seen is the promotion of the big screen which attracted around 30 fans and I'm sure I read was free food and drink? Hardly a money spinner.

People need to wake up.

Some people need to find a different club to support.

People need to wake up.

So essentially your original point about match day income has been answered, the one where you said you'd happily come along if that was the case. Yet you're now moaning about an entirely separate issue.

There are a few parallels with the EU referendum here. The Corney outers much like the Brexiters moan incessantly but produce nothing coherent around what's going to replace it.

People need to wake up.

I give up

So essentially your original point about match day income has been answered, the one where you said you'd happily come along if that was the case. Yet you're now moaning about an entirely separate issue.

There are a few parallels with the EU referendum here. The Corney outers much like the Brexiters moan incessantly but produce nothing coherent around what's going to replace it.

It hasn't been answered at all. The Simon Brooke quote is very vague and doesn't really clarify anything at all.

Perhaps certain posts should start with something along the lines of:

I suspect/believe/imagine/expect/think that etc, etc.

And end with: Please don't post anything that is genuine if it disagrees with my beliefs/imaginations/expectations/thoughts.

I spend no more or less at BP than I did when TTA bailed us out, while TTA were (albeit unsuccessfully) giving it a go, while it was really :censored: under Penney/Dunn/Kelly or while it was quite good under Sheridan (twice) and Johnson.

I didn't elect to spend more when I was excited about their level of "commitment" nor have I been spending less whilst I've been largely pissed off with them.

If I accept your assertion that they "continue to rinse every penny they can from us" I can still justify my continued going to games & buying a pie & a beer on the basis there were a good few years when they were doing the opposite risking (& so far, losing) their own money (if I was to give it that much thought, which I haven't until now)...

I chucked no more or less in all those years we had 3 stands, why would I chuck less in now that they're (maybe) getting a bit back via the new stand?

They're clearly not willing to risk any more for the time being (for various reasons, good or bad) but I pay for my season ticket to watch 23 home games with my mates not to give approval to whoever owns the club.

If I was "happy" with their, or a future owners, stewardship I might show "approval" with a bit of sponsorship (in the unlikely event our commercial team ever asked).

Until then my season ticket, my pie & my poor excuse for a pint are for me & Oldham Athletic not a thumbs up for Corney.

Edited by HarryBosch

Also, hasn't it been confirmed numerous times that all matchday income generated by the new stand goes to OAFC?

Is this another one of these questions that certain people are just going to keep asking over and over again in the hope of getting a new answer they can be unhappy and angry about?

Simon Brooke in Feb

People need to wake up.

So you think the club doesn't get all matchday income and you're angry about it.

Someone posts something confirming the club do get all matchday income.

You then contrive to suggest that "All matchday ticketing revenue as well as revenue from the boxes goes to the football club as does all the profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners." right there, in black & white, and words from the English language means....

"So basically ticket sales..." :lol:

Do you even need any of us to argue with if you're just going to pretend the only reality can be one that allows you to be angry?

Anyway, next manager. I thought Dowie's (i'm a surveyor not a carpet salesman) appearance on Pointless might have given him a boost in the odds (think of the irony - from Pointless to Oldham manager), but it hasn't. Very settled now with Bunn firm favourite for a while closely followed by TP and the Shirtliff.

Anyway, next manager. I thought Dowie's (i'm a surveyor not a carpet salesman) appearance on Pointless might have given him a boost in the odds (think of the irony - from Pointless to Oldham manager), but it hasn't. Very settled now with Bunn firm favourite for a while closely followed by TP and the Shirtliff.

Chron mentions John Coleman & Alan Curtis (along with Bunn/ Carss & Dowie)

So you think the club doesn't get all matchday income and you're angry about it.

Someone posts something confirming the club do get all matchday income.

You then contrive to suggest that "All matchday ticketing revenue as well as revenue from the boxes goes to the football club as does all the profit from matchday commercial/hospitality/concession stands including the fan bar when it opens, and other club related non-matchday activity such as meetings, events and dinners." right there, in black & white, and words from the English language means....

"So basically ticket sales..." :lol:

Do you even need any of us to argue with if you're just going to pretend the only reality can be one that allows you to be angry?

This for me. Basically 'oafc-lover' ignores that the post mentioned events and dinners and fashions an argument that suits a personal agenda. That's why I love this board!