Aaron Holloway Signed [Merged]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Because they have a richer owner than us.

Part of the fun of football is that you can take a small club and decide to invest alot of money in them and watch them soar up the leagues and in effect upet the stats quo.

I wouldn't complain if someone came in and meant we could outbid percieved bigger clubs. Yes they could be Chris Moore but they could also be a Dave Whealen or a Jack Walker.

Buying success is the fun of football.

Hmmmmm.

A club bringing 200 fans to a local away game is fun. No rivalry with anyone. No atmosphere at their shed of a ground.

Give me a proper club any day.

Edited by NewBlue

Buying success is the fun of football.

Hmmmmm.

A club bringing 200 fans to a local away game is fun. No rivalry with anyone. No atmosphere at their shed of a ground.

Give me a proper club any day.

Bitter much?

So you wouldn't enjoy multiple promotions? I'd take it and watch the bigger clubs make similarly bitter remarks about how they are "proper" football clubs and how crap our support is and how they didn't buy success.

Bitter much?

So you wouldn't enjoy multiple promotions? I'd take it and watch the bigger clubs make similarly bitter remarks about how they are "proper" football clubs and how crap our support is and how they didn't buy success.

Remember when people said we were only :censored:ing brilliant because of our plastic pitch? That took all the fun out of it, eh?

Bitter much?

Course I'd like promotions. If we bankrolled our way up it would feel Holloway, yeah.

Although I remember going to Fleetwood's ground 10 years ago when they had 100 people there. We're a proper football club with a history.

Equally I'd understand why people were annoyed they had to play us rather than a club that would take 4000 fans to every away game.

Course I'd like promotions. If we bankrolled our way up it would feel Holloway, yeah.

Although I remember going to Fleetwood's ground 10 years ago when they had 100 people there. We're a proper football club with a history.

Equally I'd understand why people were annoyed they had to play us rather than a club that would take 4000 fans to every away game.

What the hell is a proper football club it seems you are using it in very snobbish terms. I don't see why because they got 100 people a decade means they are any less entitled to any success today.

Pffffttt new money I hope people talk about us like that in 10 years.

What the hell is a proper football club it seems you are using it in very snobbish terms. I don't see why because they got 100 people a decade means they are any less entitled to any success today.

He's right. We are a proper football club. There are some who aren't.

Difficult to define but we've got that at least.

Edited by longtimeblue

If we are defining us as a proper football club and the likes of Fleetwood as not proper football clubs then we can define it as bitterness and football fan snobbery. Like those weird fans we have who mock Rochdales attendances and who will be so proud of the fact that we will take 3000 to the macron some of whom won't step foot in BP for the rest of the season. It's bull:censored:.

They won't, because we're a proper football club

Is Wigan Athletic a proper football club?

Edited by BP1960

Which is one game more than Jake Cassidy. Although I'm not unduly worried that Holloway hasn't signed for us.

Maybe not...but a bit concerning he has opted for Fleetwood over us, especially after he had some form of positive relationship with OAFC and Shez in our favour. Sad sense of reality what level we are and who we can compete with...(destined for lower League 1/League 2 until we find new owners)

P.s Shez said he was bidding for Holloway at the fans update so he was definitely in for him.