Peterborough vs Oldham

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away end holds 1400 at Scunny, might fill it after that!

Will be a considerable increase but trains are quite expensive and we've had so many aways in the past few weeks it could be one too many for plenty.

Atmosphere there will be brilliant regardless of numbers. 750ish my prediction.

Outstanding performance that, 100% effort for 95 minutes and a really enjoyable game

The team under Shez is night and day and the players he has brought in have made the difference

The one negative is the keeper situation as yet again Coleman did his best to mess things up! I really don't remember a worse keeper for us apart from Cornell

If Shez can find us a keeper and get some of the loaners onto our books then we will be in great shape

Outstanding performance that, 100% effort for 95 minutes and a really enjoyable game

The team under Shez is night and day and the players he has brought in have made the difference

The one negative is the keeper situation as yet again Coleman did his best to mess things up! I really don't remember a worse keeper for us apart from Cornell

If Shez can find us a keeper and get some of the loaners onto our books then we will be in great shape

You really have a bad memory then.

Anyone want to give credit to SC?

What for fixing a series of mistakes of his own making.

Kelly didn't really take over until June, by which time Shez had left Plymouth. Shez was still available when the inevitable promotion of Dunn was confirmed when we sacked Kelly.

If "Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes" then Corney has gained an awful lot of experience in the last 12 months.

Coleman, bar the goal had a much better game tonight. And the way Maddison was playing during that period it was coming because the outfield players were doing nothing to stop him. Winchester doesn't close that ball down and now defenders rush back to help clear when it drops. And then look at the way their keeper performs for the pen, how Gills keeper got lobbed on Saturday and you'll see all keepers at this level make regular mistakes. I Wish we didn't have this negativity to one of our home grown players, it's embarrassing. Should be willing these kids on.

And we have come away from a game no one really expected us to win with 3 points and there is negativity at players? Surely a wind up post this?!

1 to 11 were excellent tonight, could even have been more comfortable had the header not hit the post. Great performance and a great result

Edited by youngen

Just got back, terrific display full of effort and endeavour. Have to give kudos to the hardcore Athleticos, never stopped singing and making noise. Everything from "you're just a sh*t Bob the builder" (to the sponsors mascot) through to "Matty Palmer you're the love of my life, Matty Palmer I'd let you shag my wife!" Great night out!

Oh! and by the way, JS and the team are on Domino's pizza not fish and chips, Simon Corney wouldn't give us a piece!

Edited by owdumer

What for fixing a series of mistakes of his own making.

Kelly didn't really take over until June, by which time Shez had left Plymouth. Shez was still available when the inevitable promotion of Dunn was confirmed when we sacked Kelly.

If "Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes" then Corney has gained an awful lot of experience in the last 12 months.

A typical over simplification of what virtually every club chairman finds excruciatingly difficult.

The average tenure of a football league manager is 1.23yrs

Forget the manager ratio - most chairmen ours included are keeping their fans with a club to watch.

It's luck with a manager and with his staff and group of players that matter.

A typical over simplification of what virtually every club chairman finds excruciatingly difficult.

Forget the manager ratio - most chairmen ours included are keeping their fans with a club to watch.

The Kelly appointment was not bad luck.

The Dunn appointment immediately after wasn't a good decision either.

There was no serious rationale for appointing Kelly from 'the best set of candidates' Corney had ever had to choose from. Dunn was similarly unqualified, but had played at a decent level. Both were dim.

Corney thought he could get away with the cheapest option available to him. That's not bad luck; it's gambling with big odds.

Only when we looked doomed did he give the job to someone who has a CV that justifies appointing him.

Be amazed if we took over 1000 to Scunthorpe.

£35+ train ticket,

£23 match ticket

:censored: all near the ground.

Loads of away games in a row.

yep, I was well up for it after last nights win and then looked at the prices and thought my £60 can be better spent elsewhere... Nothing in Scunthorpe to entice me in.

Please stop putting things down to luck.

A Saturday 'Away Day' after our first 'Back to Back' Win for what seems a lifetime should see over 1000 travel to Scunthorpe and I wouldn't be surprised if we take over 1400

Feeling much better now about getting out of the Relegation places which seemed an impossibility before JS returned

Great Loan Signings have really made a BIG difference

A Saturday 'Away Day' after our first 'Back to Back' Win for what seems a lifetime should see over 1000 travel to Scunthorpe and I wouldn't be surprised if we take over 1400

Feeling much better now about getting out of the Relegation places which seemed an impossibility before JS returned

Great Loan Signings have really made a BIG difference

Thought that loanees don't care about the club and should be avoided at all costs...

Surely it most be common ground that what matters most is a manager who cares and knows what he is doing. SC got us into this mess but after reality struck he has also made the change which should get us out of it. The great North Stand white elephant no doubt distracted him and changed priorities.