Wages unpaid?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is as Coco says, all clubs lose managers and players to clubs paying higher wages or with bigger budgets..... it's football

Yeah, it does, but it happens more when you are only paying conference wages in league 1.

"it's football" is a blasé understatement

My point is as Coco says, all clubs lose managers and players to clubs paying higher wages or with bigger budgets..... it's football

Managers leaving for a club in a higher division...it's football.

Managers leaving for a club in the same or a lower division...it's Oldham.

Simon Grayson left Blackpool in the Championship for Leeds in league 1.

Adkins (Scunthorpe -> Southampton), Jackett (Millwall -> Wolves) and Howe (Burnley -> Bournemouth) have all done the same recently. Not to mention the likes of Paul Cook (Chesterfield -> Pompey) and John Still (Dag & Red -> Luton) in leagues below ours. It's actually not that uncommon...

The problem is that we have no plan to leave this league not upwards anyway. To be honest I would say we have zero chance of ever going up with the current owners. My reasons for this are we have a revolving door of players and managers every six months, no stability as soon as a player or manager shows any signs of progression and an offer come in they are out of the door.

So for arguments sake let's say this new manager has us in play offs come December/January time and offer comes in he will be gone. The same applies for anyone of the playing squad.

We have seen the likes of burton and Walsall show you don't need a big budget to do well in this league just a bit of luck and a core squad of players that a team has been built around.

I feel like 20th in league one every year would be fine for the current board.

I hear about the sports direct deal, the new stand all improving the budget yet there is zero evidence of this happening at all and I don't think it ever will.

I put on Twitter before that the only way the new guy will be here next year is a 10-20th place finish any higher he goes for a months wage and any lower he's sacked.

Clear for us all to see westy. I no longer have any interest in the footballing side of this club. Couldn't care less who we get as manager and who leaves. I also couldn't care less if we get relegated. 17th place in league one year after year is what is killing this club. That is more damaging (long term) than relegation or even administration.

Clear for us all to see westy. I no longer have any interest in the footballing side of this club. Couldn't care less who we get as manager and who leaves. I also couldn't care less if we get relegated. 17th place in league one year after year is what is killing this club. That is more damaging (long term) than relegation or even administration.

See ya then.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

You've said that before - still here?

You couldn't care less if we get relegated. I can understand the argument saying that maybe we could bounce back stronger (though the odds are we would not), but to actually not care? Baffling. I can't understand why you are on here.

????? comedy post!

Go support someone else then!

Give your head a wobble. ??. Go support someone in the prem. Welcome to league 1 football.