Today's Attendance

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same mail, my guess is they'll sell zero season tickets.

They could have said use this email to gain entry tomorrow for £10 then look at season ticket offers after you have seen how good we are!

Might have brought in an extra £50, then try to mug people into paying £300. Still would have been in profit towards the September wage bill.

The crowd was inflated today with the 300 tickets they gave away

Remember reading we had given 300 tickets away, presumingly in the family side of rre, I sit there and it looked no busier than normal. Would we add them to the attendance? Not sure how it works with complimentary tickets. If so, very worrying, knock 300 off that would mean 3100, this early in the season. Something has to change soon, i can handle losing, im bloody used to it, but i can't and won't accept losing games in that manner.

I paid £24 on the day yesterday for the first and last time this season...I'm not local anymore but thought I would get to half a dozen games this season.

Based on that performance I won't bother again, and there in lies the problem. Zero return on investment for any floating fans that might even be remotely tempted in visiting again.

I pay for LP and will just listen to games when it suits, even that has been hard work recently.

Edited by Blue_Guru

On the league 1 Facebook page it's posted the average attendance for this season so far. Home we are 3rd worse less than Bury now. Away from home we are 4th best....

This is what the club just don't get. Putting aside actual games for a brief moment, we got about 4000 turn up just to look at Corneys face once. Trust is eroded.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you really think that there are fans that hover between Latics and the other Lancashire clubs?

There certainly used to be but sadly the partisan nature of modern day football has probably all but put paid to people just going to a game because they like football.

I think that the most important factor is the quality or not of the entertainment. That applies everywhere.

Well yes, but that wasn't the point! When I was a kid I would go to a game with my Dad, Uncle and neighbour pretty much every Saturday and while Latics were first choice if they weren't playing at home then we would go to Rochdale or Huddersfield. I doubt that happens much now.

If Latics haven't a game or an away I can't make I normally go to a local non league game or a ground I've not visited before, it's never really that inspiring but you don't ever feel as disappointed, one thing non league does have in its favour is the food and ale is generally of a better standard, cheaper and with more variety, non league football is getting rather pricey though and £12 to £15 is the norm now, even Chaddy FC are charging a fiver these days.