Rochdales Calvin Andrew

Bully.

How is that a bullying comment? Jesus, saying someone is talking nonsense is now a form of bullying? Get a grip man. And if you read on I since apologised as BP1960 commented saying it was tongue in cheek, so keep your nose out.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen the video, the elbow looks premeditated, still 12 matches seems excessive in light of previous bans for similar offenses. I only hope the length of ban means the FA are going to start clamping down on things like this. Lets hope they go for the divers and cheaters too.

12 games yet he'll still be able to play against us in the return.

That's a rule change that could be brought in for reds - you also miss the next match against the same opposition in addition to what the requisite ban has you miss otherwise.

Several of our rivals could actually benefit from his absence..

As brutal as it was, most people are watching the ball, although you normally get a few people that would have seen it.

Possibly the referees,linesmen and the fourth officials should be trained to have better collective vision of what is going on off the ball,that would be a start.

Our refs are obviously working full time in jobs and most of the effort between games appears to focus on keeping themselves fit rather than on technical refereeing.

So they shouldn't be following the play then? The balls gone in the opposite direction!! It's a cheap shot from a fanny and it's been dealt with accordingly. No fault of any official and the fact none of our fans can even recall the incident shows how difficult a job the officials have at times.

That's a rule change that could be brought in for reds - you also miss the next match against the same opposition in addition to what the requisite ban has you miss otherwise.

I suspect he might miss the return with a mystery ailment. If not he might be missing the next 12 months ;)

Balls to that. As it stands, Clarke smashing Andrew into 7 different pieces in the return game is going to be the highlight of the season.

There are bad tackles, then there is common assault. This well crossed the line into common assault and should be charged as such by the police.

If not, where is the line?

Duncan Ferguson went down for nowhere near that level of premeditated violence. Let's find a way to get this cowardly piece of :censored: in court.

Duncan Ferguson went down for nowhere near that level of premeditated violence. Let's find a way to get this cowardly piece of :censored: in court.

A lot of the Dale fans are horrified by what he did. Leave Rochdale to deal with it (or the police.)

I do not think that we as a club can take the moral high ground can we?

Can fully see why the officials missed it.

How they missed the foul half way inside our half just before stopping play to allow Clarke treatment is beyond me.

Restarted with a drop ball.

Yeah, that's the one I referred to. Should have returned to it with at least a yellow

Without doubt premeditated and for my money Andrew went out on that pitch to do Clark. Waited and took his opportunity. 12 match ban is fitting and I am sure should Clarke instigate charges against Andrew then the courts would indeed convict him.

Dale fans I know don't want to see him in the shirt again.

And others on their forum are unhappy with twelve matches, as though it doesn't warrant that length because Fellaini puts his elbows about and it's 'not in Calvin's character'.

That was indisputably assault. Isolate that from a football pitch and like many have said it's a guaranteed conviction. How anybody can complain is beyond me - it's one of the worst things I've ever seen on a football pitch, and I've watched Terry Dunfield play in centre mid.

Edited by NewBlue