Latics v Bradford

It wasn't £200.

Every single one was prepared to pay, and handed over a full £350.

Perhaps people need to remember that fact. Maybe those who wish to pay £15 should have to pay £25 and then get £10 back if we win?

Non ST holders whining about people who committed £350 at the end of Feb should shut up.

???? Edited by yarddogs

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our midfield played like a bunch of old men - chasing shadows - reacting a pass too late - it was like watching one of those training sessions where a player goes in the middle and chases the ball.

Only fane got anywhere near the play.

First half the Bradford rb had the freedom of the borough down the right side - banks and reckord marking each other! With Flynn showing his face now and again.

What was Coleman complaining about for their 2nd goal?

Wasn't offside, wasn't a foul on himself (as was the case vs Sheff Utd).

Vincelot foul on Clarke?

Otherwise, another needless booking!

Coleman? You mean Ripley. ..I watched the goal and couldn't see anything either.

You can throw McGlauglin in the same bracket as banks for me. Absolutely gutless the pair of them. One of them players that just pretends to make a challenge but is happy for the ball to not be near him. He looks to not give a :censored: even less than Banks IMO. Also on Fane I think he would look a hell of a player with a Matty Palmer type next to him. It seems to me he knows the others are :censored:e so he is trying to take on roles he shouldn't. If it was just his job to break down play and pass it to someone with more creative talent I think he'd be decent for this level

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Banks and Reckord hide behind each other, pointing at runners instead of dealing with the problem themselves, just not good enough for this level and as weak as you will see at this level.

Talking of pointing... Green is the Pointmeister.

"I gave the ball away there..." "I missed a tackle there..."

Well past his sell by methinks.

I don't think we were that bad yesterday.

Bradford were just better.

Banks and McLaughlin wasted great opportunities to put us 2-1 up and we gave away two soft goals.

Also a great save by Doyle from McKay. One day our misfiring striker will notch that league goal... probably in Scotland!

I don't think we were that bad yesterday.

Bradford were just better.

Banks and McLaughlin wasted great opportunities to put us 2-1 up and we gave away two soft goals.

I agree that Bradford were much the better team but dont think we could have complained if it had finished 0-3 or 0-4.

Ripley is a bloody good keeper and kept us in it. Our midfield is absolutely garbage and we have no width.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I suspect what we have is the team that has to keep us up. Nobody can seriously say we should have won that game.

Bradford a much better side who were restricted to two goals from set pieces. The first was clever as the corner kick went to where our midfield should do the marking - the goal no surprise (Reckford sic being on the park surprised me and his lack of awareness was well rewarded). The second I felt the result of pressure and clearly our players thought there was an offside.

It was good to watch as the intent was to go forward and try to win the game. I would drop Banks because there is something wrong in his head when you blatantly dive outside the area rather than shooting - Wilson scored because he took a shot with his left foot.

Enjoyed the game. Onwards....

I agree that Bradford were much the better team but dont think we could have complained if it had finished 0-3 or 0-4.

Ripley is a bloody good keeper and kept us in it. Our midfield is absolutely garbage and we have no width.

Big cup tie at the Dale and you came to watch us? What would Hilly make of that?

It looked (from my not great vantage point), as if Reckord tried to head it back to Ripley, but got it completely wrong. That said, the defending afterwards was criminal, not picking up their men coming short.

Conceded 3 goals from set pieces now with Gerrard-Clarke at the back, which is infuriating.

Desperate for new midfielders. Banks is so frustrating, I thought he did well on Tuesday, especially putting himself about in the second half, but back to his usual, weak self yesterday. Him, Flynn and McLaughlin in the same team is too many passengers who don't get stuck in at all. Flynn's anonymity for 80% of every game is not good enough, especially in that number 10 position.

It looked (from my not great vantage point), as if Reckord tried to head it back to Ripley, but got it completely wrong. That said, the defending afterwards was criminal, not picking up their men coming short.

Conceded 3 goals from set pieces now with Gerrard-Clarke at the back, which is infuriating.

Desperate for new midfielders. Banks is so frustrating, I thought he did well on Tuesday, especially putting himself about in the second half, but back to his usual, weak self yesterday. Him, Flynn and McLaughlin in the same team is too many passengers who don't get stuck in at all. Flynn's anonymity for 80% of every game is not good enough, especially in that number 10 position.

Spot on this.