Latics v Bradford

Guest nonaenever

Bradford are a very good side. Although we managed a 1-1 draw at their place, it was an extremely one sided game and they played some lovely football. I honestly wasn't expecting anything from this one (and feared a right drubbing). It won't be these games that decide our future - it will be the ones like the next at Chesterfield - hope we have a good turn out there.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripley shouted something then did his nut when it was headed for a corner. Looked like he was going mad at Rockport for a bit after the goal too

Where were you sat? Ripley put his hand up to apologise To Rechford, who was clearly imitating there was no shout, He might be :censored: but he can't be blamed for that one.

It wasn't £200.

Every single one was prepared to pay, and handed over a full £350.

Perhaps people need to remember that fact. Maybe those who wish to pay £15 should have to pay £25 and then get £10 back if we win?

Non ST holders whining about people who committed £350 at the end of Feb should shut up.

Can't argue with that. Well put.

Frustrating game yesterday.

Whilst I agree Bradford were the better team and deserved the 3 points, we were never out of the game.

I can think of about 5 occasions when we had a break that we either failed to attempt the pass to the running player that would have opened up an opportunity, or made a hash of what appeared to be a simple pass.

I think with a little more attacking confidence and belief one or two of those might have created a goal and got us something out of the game.

Frustrating game yesterday.

Whilst I agree Bradford were the better team and deserved the 3 points, we were never out of the game.

I can think of about 5 occasions when we had a break that we either failed to attempt the pass to the running player that would have opened up an opportunity, or made a hash of what appeared to be a simple pass.

I think with a little more attacking confidence and belief one or two of those might have created a goal and got us something out of the game.

This. 100% this.

Fwiw I thought no 4 Law ?? Was outstanding for them while still keeping it simple. Really made things tick. Is that what green was brought to do and just hasn't ? We are desperate for somebody to calmy get things ticking. I'm confident Shez will get us what we need. Not long now tho is there ? Is the deadline also the same for loans ?

Fwiw I thought no 4 Law ?? Was outstanding for them while still keeping it simple. Really made things tick. Is that what green was brought to do and just hasn't ? We are desperate for somebody to calmy get things ticking. I'm confident Shez will get us what we need. Not long now tho is there ? Is the deadline also the same for loans ?

Two brothers - both previously :censored: throughout their career - and they got that one.....

He was the same in the game at their place. Best player I've seen this season. If only Sheridan could find a cut price version of him before Tuesday

He was the same in the game at their place. Best player I've seen this season. If only Sheridan could find a cut price version of him before Tuesday

I didn't get to that game but he looked very neat and tidy. Mind you we did make it all too easy for him to dictate. We are lacking a decent brain in the middle I think too

Our midfield played like a bunch of old men - chasing shadows - reacting a pass too late - it was like watching one of those training sessions where a player goes in the middle and chases the ball.

Only fane got anywhere near the play.

First half the Bradford rb had the freedom of the borough down the right side - banks and reckord marking each other! With Flynn showing his face now and again.

'Only fane got anywhere near the play.'

Absolutely....I can't believe some of the grief Fane undeservedly gets. He's a young lad new to league football and still learning but he is slowly improving week on week. He must be a nightmare to play against and I'm sure he will improve further.

He's well up for it and maybe a little too eager to impress at times, If Shez can calm him down a little and improve his ball retention and general awareness we will have a very very good player on our hands in the not too distant future.

Flynn, Banks and especially Green should be coaching and constantly mentoring him throughout games but unfortunately offer nothing.

Apart from the defence he would be the 1st name on my team sheet every week!!

Edited by oafc1955

'Only fane got anywhere near the play.'

Absolutely....I can't believe some of the grief Fane undeservedly gets. He's a young lad new to league football and still learning but he is slowly improving week on week. He must be a nightmare to play against and I'm sure he will improve further.

He's well up for it and maybe a little too eager to impress at times, If Shez can calm him down a little and improve his ball retention and general awareness we will have a very very good player on our hands in the not too distant future.

Flynn, Banks and especially Green should be coaching and constantly mentoring him throughout games but unfortunately offer nothing.

Apart from the defence he would be the 1st name on my team sheet every week!!

Same here.Someone once said on here in reply to my positive post about Fane about Banks being 100 times better than Fane would ever be or very similar!! I guess each to their own.My only criticism is that

he needs to calm down having been booked .