Ripley - Still a possibility?

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

The more this drags the more I think Mr Ripley is coming back.

Stand by for one of those cringeworthy transfer announcements. 

If it's Ripley, they can make it as cringeworthy as they bloody well please.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

If it's Ripley, they can make it as cringeworthy as they bloody well please.

maybe its father Christmas and he his bringing shez's children their early xmas presents....seriously. I remember all the speculation of Baxter...didn't they announce him as they came out on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, manshaw said:

maybe its father Christmas and he his bringing shez's children their early xmas presents....seriously. I remember all the speculation of Baxter...didn't they announce him as they came out on the pitch.

Think that was when he signed a contract extension.

I mean Ripley isn't beyond the realms of believability. You could theorise that we've been the only solid offer to have him as their number 1 all this time, and the widespread news of his availability is an effort by his dad/agent to get a better offer from somewhere before finally settling for Latics at the 11th hour. It would make sense of how much was made of imminent Bristol City and Blackburn transfers, and then seemingly disappearing again. Trying to attract Number 1 offers.

But I just feel we'll have some other mug with the gloves on Saturday. We'll soon find out either way!

3 hours ago, manshaw said:

It'll be Ripley, dressed as Father fucking Christmas, filling Shez's kids' stockings with clean sheets.

5 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

25 years old next week and only 17 career appearances?

:huh:

I hope he's the back up.

Played eight games on loan for Rochdale last season.  Started with two clean sheets.  Then conceded 14 in the remaining six.

Just now, Nohairdontcare said:

Shame it isn't Championship journalist confirms reliable goalkeeper...

Its "before the end of the summer" that  alarmed me, we could have only one goalkeeper until 29th October.

On Ben Wilson from a Wimbledon fan, whose a mate of my son

Oldham Athletic are close to signing goalkeeper Ben Wilson on loan from Cardiff City. From Twitter. If you sign him you are 100% going down. He is shocking. Was on loan with us a couple of seasons ago. Ended up abusing our fans on twitter. Horrid bloke

34 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

On Ben Wilson from a Wimbledon fan, whose a mate of my son

Oldham Athletic are close to signing goalkeeper Ben Wilson on loan from Cardiff City. From Twitter. If you sign him you are 100% going down. He is shocking. Was on loan with us a couple of seasons ago. Ended up abusing our fans on twitter. Horrid bloke

He will be 2nd choice I suspect.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He will be 2nd choice I suspect.

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Sheridan did this quite often during his 1st spell here. I think that's the reason we ended up with Windass in net at Leicester...

Did it a few times last season didn't he?