Ripley - Still a possibility?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, losesome said:

Or the team that will give them the highest sell on clause fee , and that will be us !!!

To be this close to the season start & still no keeper in place suggests that Shez must still think a deal can be done.

He said in tonight's paper Ripley coming in was dead over a week ago.

41 minutes ago, bozman said:

Assuming we can put a credible deal together (big assumption, I know), I think this is a big problem for us in comparison to his other suitors. They all have other decent keepers they'd be happy to start the season with, so can afford to take their time and haggle over the deal. We need someone in the next 48 hours.

Unless Shez  is willing to bring a number 2 in now and risk having to play him for 3 or 4 games before we get a number 1.

Think that the others having decent keepers in they can start season with is part of the problem.

Ripley wants guarantee No1 spot and Rovers & Br City i don't think can offer him that.

Latics could !!

I think the Ripleys are in a dilemma -

The other 2 for wages but not No 1

or Latics for less but def No 1.
As his dad says - he's 24 now and needs 1st team football to enhance his career ,

Don't rule Latics out yet !!!

36 minutes ago, bozman said:

No, but I think the targets are assessed and veted by Nash, as they were last season. My point though is that if we're going to stretch ourselves trying to get Ripley ( let's face it, he'd be at the top end of the wage structure if we got him) it's inevitable that the back up will not be on anywhere near the same money or of similar ability, unless we get very lucky.

Didn't Nash come in after the season started? 

Turnbull and O'Driscoll were heavily involved with signings as I remember it....

I'm pretty confident we will have a goalkeeper and not an outfielder in nets come Saturday. I'm even willing to put my money where my mouth is if anyone sweating on the situation is willing to bet with me ? Shez is not a rookie manager and I'm sure he has several at least adequate keepers lined up ! I'm confident that any player for any position (starting 11) signed by Sheridan will not be a liability ala the few that were signed last season. 

28 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Didn't Nash come in after the season started? 

Turnbull and O'Driscoll were heavily involved with signings as I remember it....

Yeah, actually I think you're right about that.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I'm pretty confident we will have a goalkeeper and not an outfielder in nets come Saturday. I'm even willing to put my money where my mouth is if anyone sweating on the situation is willing to bet with me ? Shez is not a rookie manager and I'm sure he has several at least adequate keepers lined up ! I'm confident that any player for any position (starting 11) signed by Sheridan will not be a liability ala the few that were signed last season. 

Roy on iFollow said he and Tommy Wright were having banter, and Roy tried to shut him and saw get on with sorting a keeper out, TW what are you worried about we have 3. Roy wasnlt sure who the 3rd one was but at the time I  thought it might be still Bolten.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Roy on iFollow said he and Tommy Wright were having banter, and Roy tried to shut him and saw get on with sorting a keeper out, TW what are you worried about we have 3. Roy wasnlt sure who the 3rd one was but at the time I  thought it might be still Bolten.

We do have 3 goalkeepers, all youth though, Callum O'Neill, Joe Boyling and Ewan McFarlane.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We do have 3 goalkeepers, all youth though, Callum O'Neill, Joe Boyling and Ewan McFarlane.

Is O'Neill still here BP? If so I am surprised he hasn't featured pre season given the position we have been in and also the fact that he impressed at Stalybridge last year

3 minutes ago, astottie said:

Is O'Neill still here BP? If so I am surprised he hasn't featured pre season given the position we have been in and also the fact that he impressed at Stalybridge last year

Not sure, he doesn't appear to have gone anywhere on a google search, so perhaps he's injured?

As you say he looked very promising, similar to Coleman.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, astottie said:

He didn't get offered a deal with Boyling playing most of the youth team games from January onwards.

14 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

He didn't get offered a deal with Boyling playing most of the youth team games from January onwards.

Just read Fawns was the only one offerered a contract. It will be interesting to see where O'Neill goes.

Edited by BP1960

7 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Stalybridge celtic I believe. 

Which would make sense after his period with them last year.

Edit. Signed for them April 1st according to soccerbase.

Edited by astottie