Ripley - Still a possibility?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Chord Melodic, I believe. Who the hell thought that one up? Embarrassing.

Probably made up so the name will be remembered, often done in Hollywood in the olden days with names like Rip Torn, didn't do much for some pop stars in the 1960s though like Dickie Pride.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Chris Hall is in Corrie now, under another name I believe.

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Chord Melodic, I believe. Who the hell thought that one up? Embarrassing.

WTF?!!

That would be embarrassing even if it was for a singer.
The last 3 letters are about right though....

1 minute ago, OldHallam said:

I am with you on the hope front. But prepared to laugh when Dean Windass jogs on. 

When did we actually sign someone from the "trialist" pool cant remember anyone who made an obvious impact. 

I'm 99% sure we haven't signed anyone, but the defence held pretty well so hard to see anyone making an impact like you say.

18 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

When did we actually sign someone from the "trialist" pool cant remember anyone who made an obvious impact. 

didn't Pogliacomi come here effectively as a trialist? .. on the strength of a VHS tape of his best saves or similar?

if he was the last one, then that is a long long time ago! 

22 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

I am with you on the hope front. But prepared to laugh when Dean Windass jogs on. 

Fane?

With regards to Ripley .. 

As much as it's a little strange to not having someone (1 keeper at least) in place by now, is it the window itself that's causing all of this maybe? I think someone else has mentioned it seems somewhat silly that the window goes onto the end of August (although i suppose it also helps out for early doors injuries etc) ... 

anyway ... maybe Shez does know a little more than he's letting on! Maybe Ripley isn't too happy with offers from other clubs as he doesn't want to be second fiddle, yet is holding out himself through loyalty to the OAFC (mad i know!) as long as he can for something to be sorted out?

I still think that it may involve a deal whereas he signs for us but we lose out further down the line with regards to his sell on .. or even an agreement in place to allow him to move on when an opportunity arises elsewhere that he feels is more fitting for his career? .. 

Or the goalkeepers mafia have put word out about the club (lets face it there's been a few keepers this pre-season) .. and/or we can't offer what they want from us!

Either way, I wish it would get sorted out one way or another  ..  roll on Saturday!

Edited by thetramfixer