Ex players and that

It really depends on what he does at Barrow…gets them up the League 2 table and in a season or so he will be managing a decent size League 1 club and so it goes on…being in the EFL will get him a different level of attention…as we’re about to find out the other way around!

On 5/25/2022 at 11:14 PM, unsworth blue said:

Fully endorse this view, he is a young man with quite a bit of a career in front of him, hope the news isn't that bad for him   

He's 33 years old next birthday, unsworth - not sure what the medical/injury issues are with him but sincerely wish him all the best.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Curle seems to blame Mo for player unrest.

I wonder who missed the penalty Mo slated?

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20174344.keith-curle-outlines-obstacles-faced-boundary-park/

Firstly, that flat-capped tw8t shouldn't be anywhere near training, never mind sticking his oar in. That is Sheridan's job. Secondly, the comment regarding the atmosphere when said flat-capped tw8t is at the club just reinforces my belief that his return coincided with the drop in performances and ultimately, relegation, when there was a fighting [albeit slim] chance of avoiding it. 

He has played a huge part in destroying our club.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Curle seems to blame Mo for player unrest.

I wonder who missed the penalty Mo slated?

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20174344.keith-curle-outlines-obstacles-faced-boundary-park/

Suzanne Geldard is a good journalist and must be at risk of being banned by the Chuckle Brothers by now.

It's a revealing interview, not just for confirming the malign influence of ML, which we all already suspected, but because for me it points out the weakness in the EFL "fit and proper" owner test. It's bad enough that these charlatans were somehow passed fit to acquire the club in the first place, but how can there not be a requirement for some kind of continuous assessment? Curle's comments on absentee ownership, and the lack of leadership in AL's absence, speak volumes. I accept that if someone like AL is deemed unfit to continue as owner there's then the practical problem of how do you remove him, but for the EFL to seemingly ignore such issues and hope they go away is wrong.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Suzanne Geldard is a good journalist and must be at risk of being banned by the Chuckle Brothers by now.

It's a revealing interview, not just for confirming the malign influence of ML, which we all already suspected, but because for me it points out the weakness in the EFL "fit and proper" owner test. It's bad enough that these charlatans were somehow passed fit to acquire the club in the first place, but how can there not be a requirement for some kind of continuous assessment? Curle's comments on absentee ownership, and the lack of leadership in AL's absence, speak volumes. I accept that if someone like AL is deemed unfit to continue as owner there's then the practical problem of how do you remove him, but for the EFL to seemingly ignore such issues and hope they go away is wrong.

It's been reported that Mo failed the fit & proper person test which, if true shows what a debacle it is that he can run the club anyway 

• Like 1