Ex players and that

• 2 weeks later...

Listen when you have a goal keeper as good as Placide playing for us who is a great stopper and what's more a great distributor of a ball who needs Ripley. I think Ripley has shot himself in the foot because going to Burton and sitting on the bench is not going to improve his game and his distribution was shocking at times last season. 

11 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Listen when you have a goal keeper as good as Placide playing for us who is a great stopper and what's more a great distributor of a ball who needs Ripley. I think Ripley has shot himself in the foot because going to Burton and sitting on the bench is not going to improve his game and his distribution was shocking at times last season. 

No points for trying to discredit Ripley from me, okay going to Burton hasn't been the best move for him but you can't fault him for wanting to play at an higher level, we are yet to see where Placide takes us and he may well turn out as good or even better but I for one would never knock what Ripley did for us, he's as good as we've had in 30 years so for me and Placide has got some big shoes to fill.

I am not knocking what Ripley did for us. I am stating that the weakness in his game was his distribution. He was brilliant in commanding his box and as a shot stopper, however if you go to a championship club to get more experience you have to be a good distributor of a ball and sadly being sat on the bench is doing him no favours. Even Carlo Nash stated that distribution was the weakness in his game and I am sure he would have worked with Ripley to improve that this season if he had come back to us

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

I am not knocking what Ripley did for us. I am stating that the weakness in his game was his distribution. He was brilliant in commanding his box and as a shot stopper, however if you go to a championship club to get more experience you have to be a good distributor of a ball and sadly being sat on the bench is doing him no favours. Even Carlo Nash stated that distribution was the weakness in his game and I am sure he would have worked with Ripley to improve that this season if he had come back to us

Every keeper has weaknesses, are you saying Placide has none? Let's see how he does over the season rather than two games before we compare the two.

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Every keeper has weaknesses, are you saying Placide has none? Let's see how he does over the season rather than two games before we compare the two.

Apart from obvious that he'll get caught out once in a while over elaborating, the only think I could see to work on Johnny might be to catch a couple that he punched when not under much pressure. He was decisive though and got a good hit on the ones he did hit

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

At not quite 6ft he's a bit small, even though his jump masks it somewhat.

Wouldn't be sure of his reach. I know what I'd be doing against him.

3 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

No i didn't remember him at all - 7 games for no goals in 2013 -  just another name in the long list of failures.

He's a midfielder so I didn't expect many goals. Didn't think he was anything special when he was here. 

14 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He's a midfielder so I didn't expect many goals. Didn't think he was anything special when he was here. 

LJ has turned him into a striker..... and it was LJ who brought him to us on loan from Brizzle City. I think it’s fair to say LJ likes him and his judgement & coaching appears sound. Good manager is LJ.

Edited by lookersstandandy