Ex players and that

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Had Benteke in his pocket, can't be far off an England or Poland call up?

At the launch of the former players association last season, there was a questioned asked him about an England cap and he said this what he's aiming for and is really enjoying the coaching/mentoring at Burnely.

fingers and toes crossed for him.

21 hours ago, underdog said:

At the launch of the former players association last season, there was a questioned asked him about an England cap and he said this what he's aiming for and is really enjoying the coaching/mentoring at Burnely.

fingers and toes crossed for him.

I guess any potential England bonus (if there was one) went when he moved from Bentford to Burnley.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I guess any potential England bonus (if there was one) went when he moved from Bentford to Burnley.

When we sold the sell-on more like.

Good luck to the lad. He's come an awful long way from the kid who looked completely out of his depth on the telly against Sheffield Wednesday.

21 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

So he should be, he'd be a first choice RB in a few sides in League 2, nevermind the Conference North. Considering half that league is not full-time, York must be paying a pretty penny in comparison.

If we didn't have an abundance of right-sided players and midfielders, I'd have him back here.

A bit convoluted but .. knowing that next week was Rotherham away I was thinking of the last time there in 2013. Good performance and probably would have got something if we weren't down to 10 men. David Mellor got sent off. He later went to Barrow, had fitness and heart checks and released from his contract there. He then signed for US indoor team Harrisburg Heat. Apparently still there - along with his brother Tom, from Shaw . Interesting piece here; 

http://ruudsports.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/its-mellor-time.html?m=1

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

A bit convoluted but .. knowing that next week was Rotherham away I was thinking of the last time there in 2013. Good performance and probably would have got something if we weren't down to 10 men. David Mellor got sent off. He later went to Barrow, had fitness and heart checks and released from his contract there. He then signed for US indoor team Harrisburg Heat. Apparently still there - along with his brother Tom, from Shaw . Interesting piece here; 

http://ruudsports.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/its-mellor-time.html?m=1

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Tarkowski has rejected an approach to play for Poland

That's Poland who are ranked 6th in the world, and are likely to be seeded for the World Cup, if they qualify, as a result, unlike England.

Edited by rudemedic

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

That's Poland who are ranked 6th in the world, and are likely to be seeded for the World Cup, if they qualify, as a result, unlike England.

To be fair the world rankings are a piss take, poland 6th best team in the world, yeah OK! England are shite and are rightly outside the top 10, I'd say we are lucky to be top 20 the way we currently are to be honest. Says it all when Wales are ranked higher than us, which is also a load of bollocks. Take Bale out and Wales are no better than NI and ROI. 

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Tarkowski has rejected an approach to play for Poland

I don't know this as a fact, but, if he can't speak polish perhaps it wouldn't be in his best interests to nominate them as his country of choice.

i know a lot of clubs have foreign coaches but English is a much more universal language. 

54 minutes ago, daniel said:

To be fair the world rankings are a piss take, poland 6th best team in the world, yeah OK! England are shite and are rightly outside the top 10, I'd say we are lucky to be top 20 the way we currently are to be honest. Says it all when Wales are ranked higher than us, which is also a load of bollocks. Take Bale out and Wales are no better than NI and ROI. 

Poland made the QF of Euro 16, and have a better qualifying record currently Wales made the semis.

Take Ronaldo from Portugal and they're poor but they still won Euro 16.

The FIFA rankings are a bit dodgy and they are easy to manipulate. The FA however would rather make money from friendlies.

2 hours ago, maddog said:

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Very little I would imagine. 

Iceland doing well might affect the price of fish though. ?

My point was that Poland are likely to do better in the next few major tournaments compared to England.

Personally I'd rather play for the best side i can, but each to their own

Edited by rudemedic

If he sees himself as an Englishman... which he will do, and has every confidence in his ability, which he does. Then rejecting Polands approach is totally understandable. 

Factor in the fact he doesn't know more than 3 words in Polish, and that may amount to why...

On 13/09/2017 at 8:10 AM, rudemedic said:

So he should be, he'd be a first choice RB in a few sides in League 2, nevermind the Conference North. Considering half that league is not full-time, York must be paying a pretty penny in comparison.

If we didn't have an abundance of right-sided players and midfielders, I'd have him back here.

O16luRG.gif

Edited by HarryBosch