The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Forgive me for going off message and not joining you all in pretending he's shit but what about Byrne's workrate & stamina? He never stops and never seems to tire. 

Anyway, just saying. As you were... 

Perhaps his workrate and stamina is aided by the fact he very rarely tracks back. No one disputes his ability on the ball, but he does have faults.   

39 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Forgive me for going off message and not joining you all in pretending he's shit but what about Byrne's workrate & stamina? He never stops and never seems to tire. 

Why can't he make Wigans bench then? Whilst we are at it whys his only firm offer from a team who are 5th in the SPL? If he's as great as some of our fans proclaim why aren't clubs queuing up to sign him up? Of the three loanees he'd be the easiest to replace and that's based purely on ability before you factor in his shit attitude. 

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Perhaps his workrate and stamina is aided by the fact he very rarely tracks back. No one disputes his ability on the ball, but he does have faults.   

He works very hard when we have got the ball to make himself available for every pass. But he doesnt need to do that hence why people say he does too much, when we havent got the ball thats where he needs to improve.

Whoever he plays for will probably say the same things we have. His ability is obvious it just needs a little fine tuning for him to fullfill his potential.

We’ve had very few players that have demanded the ball as much as Byrne in recent seasons but plenty who have hidden from it when things have been tough. Can’t get my head around anyone that wouldn’t want to keep him around whether it’s Steve Eyre or anyone upset that he’s not writing out thank you notes as he leave the field (when every time I’ve seen him him he’s actually made a point of acknowledging the supporters). He can flick the V’s & throwing darts into the crowd as long as he makes us a better team.

Edited by Twisbrogan

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why can't he make Wigans bench then? Whilst we are at it whys his only firm offer from a team who are 5th in the SPL? If he's as great as some of our fans proclaim why aren't clubs queuing up to sign him up? Of the three loanees he'd be the easiest to replace and that's based purely on ability before you factor in his shit attitude. 

I don't even know where to start here...

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You act like you know so much. Yet 99% of what you post is absolute crap.

You know how many ‘firm’ offers have been sent to Wigan? And you know he has a shit attitude? 

People could say Ronaldo has a shit attitude, but he’s just a winner. Simple as.

I went out with a stunning girl once. She was the best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely amazing. Perfect in nearly every way. Then she decided she wanted to go out with someone else. Didn't fancy her anyway.

That's what some of these posts about Byrne are sounding like.

Edited by mcfluff1985

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I went out with a stunning girl once. She was the best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely amazing. Perfect i  nearly ecery way. Then she decided she wanted to go out with someone else. Didn't fancy her anyway.

Sliced bread is rubbish

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I went out with a stunning girl once. She was the best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely amazing. Perfect i  nearly ecery way. Then she decided she wanted to go out with someone else. Didn't fancy her anyway.

You expect it from Reds whenever someone leaves them or doesn't sign but not from Oldham fans.  

I think most people are just pointing out he's not perfect despite what some posters, and I suspect himself, thinks. Not many have been critical of him with the ball at his feet, it's the other part of the game he's not brilliant at. Some weeks ago people were having a dig at Gardener and Fane, yet they have facilitated Byrne's freedom from responsibility which enabled his talent to flourish. He's a very good player - he's not the Messiah.  

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

Same Jack that went over to North Stand and handed his boots to someone? 

I missed that, we were possibly out of the ground by then

good on him for doing that

i’m certainly in the camp that thinks he’s a good player, attitude could be better sometimes, but having his a player of his ability has been great to watch 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I went out with a stunning girl once. She was the best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely amazing. Perfect in nearly every way. Then she decided she wanted to go out with someone else. Didn't fancy her anyway.

To make you feel better she ditched me too.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

You act like you know so much. Yet 99% of what you post is absolute crap.

You know how many ‘firm’ offers have been sent to Wigan? And you know he has a shit attitude? 

People could say Ronaldo has a shit attitude, but he’s just a winner. Simple as.

Remind what Byrnes won then please, he's got a shit attitude because he demonstrates it most weeks, comparing him to Ronaldo now is fucking class though and shows how little you know  :applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1:

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

He's the only player I've ever known who is 'greedy, wants to do everything, take everything, demands the ball all the time' yet is apparently 'lazy' as well!

He’s not lazy he just doesn’t want to take instructions and does not want to be part of a team effort. He wants to do everyone’s job yet be never absolutely master of one. Technically one of the best players to grace BP for many years. I wish him well where ever he goes but I hope he matures in his attitude. If he can stop trying to do everything on the pitch and stick to what he’s really good at he could go very far. 

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

He also kept kicking the ball into the crowd so some kids could kick it back to him. He changes games, he a class above! He can sulk all he wants! I was sat there freezing to death thinking I’m done with this shit! He came on and warmed my cockles!

cockles at latics be prawn sandwiches next must be going somewhere this club 

5 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Both Byrne and Bryan in today team...would that suggest they are staying as I was under the impression the Bristol game would have been their last?

Their loans run out after today's game.