Squad movements, summer 2018

I think we should start singing "Allez les Bleus" from now on......

.....like this... from a crouching position first.....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/football/france-fans-sing-allez-les-bleus-as-their-side-reach-fifa-world-cup-semi-finals/

[Please forgive the source]

Edited by lookersstandandy

Willing to give anyone who signs for us a chance, just hope we aren’t paying these 4k a week and that lessons have been learnt. Surely these players have been earning well under a grand a week at the level they were at, and I would hope they are on that here. 

It’s more than just signing from the French league, it’s the whole mood within the club, when you bring in these players like last year, it creates a divide due to language barrier and general differences in culture and interest. Lessons clearly not learnt 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

It’s more than just signing from the French league, it’s the whole mood within the club, when you bring in these players like last year, it creates a divide due to language barrier and general differences in culture and interest. Lessons clearly not learnt 

There are Englishmen in that dressing room that can't understand Gerrard & Baxter!

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Christopher Missilou  sounds a very messy signing hope he starts on a roll otherwise looks like more money down the pan.

He looks good playing 17 at Ashton.Was that messy or Messi ☺

39 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

See the arguements against signing the #Frenchlads is that they contributed so little last season and the policy proved disastourous.

However the idea that a player or group of players cant succeed in England based on the fact they come from a different culture or speak a different language is simply not true.

Successful football clubs around the world pretty much all have a diverse dressing room. Aslong as their is no preferential treatment going on. The problems last season appear atleast to be based on firstly the ability of the players in question and the fact some of them got preferential treatment in terms of being paid. Their passports or background are irrelevent.

Edited by GlossopLatic

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

See the arguements against signing the #Frenchlads is that they contributed so little last season and the policy proved disastourous.

However the idea that a player or group of players cant succeed in England based on the fact they come from a different culture or speak a different language is simply not true.

Successful football clubs around the world pretty much all have a diverse dressing room. Aslong as their is no preferential treatment going on. The problems last season appear atleast to be based on firstly the ability of the players in question and the fact some of them got preferential treatment in terms of being paid. Their passports or background are irrelevent.

I completely understand where you are coming from, and I take your point. But last year it was very well documented that these players formed a group which was seperate to those who where not AL’s contacts. Why would this season be any different ? it’s not good for the general morale of the team. If AL signs his contacts  and Bunn is able to intergrate everyone to build a good relationship within the squad then I’m all for it. I just don’t see it happening. 

Also your point about successful teams all have diverse individuals, but these players arnt from an ameatur league in France. 

On 08/05/2018 at 12:25 PM, Crusoe said:

Current squad and contract date:

Confirmed

Zeus de la Paz (2019)

Johny Placide (2019)

Peter Clarke (2019)

Cameron Dummigan (option taken to 2019)

George Edmundson (2019 plus option)

Anthony Gerrard (2019)

Sam Graham (season loan from Sheffield United)

Tom Hamer (2020)

Rob Hunt (2020)

Jamie Stott (2020 plus option)

Johan Branger-Engone (2019)

Jack Byrne (2020)

Ousmane Fane (option taken to 2019)

Dan Gardner (2019)

Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option)

Christopher Missilou (2019)

Gevaro Nepomuceno (2019)

Chinedu Uche (2019 plus option)

Jose Baxter (2019 plus option)

Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option, on loan to Waterford)

Under discussion or contract offered

Jonathan Benteke (reportedly signed a new contract)

Ryan McLaughlin

Wilfried Moimbé

Jay Sheridan (presumably signed a contract, since his scholarship would be up by now)

Released or left

Aaron Amadi-Holloway (signed for Sunderland)

Ollie Banks (signed for Tranmere)

Craig Davies (signed for Mansfield)

Mason Fawns (on trial at Sunderland)

Paul Green (signed for Crewe)

Gyamfi Kyeremeh (reportedly at FC Eindhoven)

Patrick McEleney (signed for Dundalk)

Kallum Mantack

Tope Obadeyi (on trial at Crawley)

Abdelhakim Omrani

Brian Wilson

Amazed Aaron got a move to Shrewsbury but don't think he ever had a chance of Sunderland signing him!! Lol

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I completely understand where you are coming from, and I take your point. But last year it was very well documented that these players formed a group which was seperate to those who where not AL’s contacts. Why would this season be any different ? it’s not good for the general morale of the team. If AL signs his contacts  and Bunn is able to intergrate everyone to build a good relationship within the squad then I’m all for it. I just don’t see it happening. 

Also your point about successful teams all have diverse individuals, but these players arnt from an ameatur league in France. 

I doubt it would have been much of an issue if last season's #frenchlads had been either good or among the lower paid in the squad. So long as they are paid sensibly I think it would be fine.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree. Unless they are actual French blokes as French people tend to be cunts.