Transfer Rumours

16 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Well the little hope i had for a semi successful season would evaporate if we let him go. Mcaleny, mccalmont and bahamboula were the better players last season. Already lost 2. Lose another and we might as well set our target as avoid relegation now

Two ambitions and only two for now:

1. Survival as a club

2. Survival as a football league club

And that's it

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Two ambitions and only two for now:

1. Survival as a club

2. Survival as a football league club

And that's it

1. Survival as a club in the football league with new owners!

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

C'mon Dave. We have to have more ambition than that...

Why? Based on what? 

You keep conflating potential with reality. 

Run in any decent form we should easily challenge in this league. 

But with the transfer embargo- Mac gone and Bam potentially going. Reports of Curle arguing with Mo about the standard of trialists. What is there that makes you think anything better than 20th? 

32 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

C'mon Dave. We have to have more ambition than that...

I said 'for now'.  I see no point on having ambitions and having them dashed.  Can't see any hope with these owners

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

You telling me how fortunate we are to have such a fantastic manager at the helm...

Good effort. 😂

I think you’ll find I said- if he gets us in the top half he’s done a great job under the circumstances. Which you said was bollocks and we should just magically finish in the top 5- completely disregarding we currently only have one player with any talent, and it looks like he’s off. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Good effort. 😂

I think you’ll find I said- if he gets us in the top half he’s done a great job under the circumstances. Which you said was bollocks and we should just magically finish in the top 5- completely disregarding we currently only have one player with any talent, and it looks like he’s off. 

But then all I was reading (not necessarily from you) is how brilliant our 5 new signings are and how good Whelan and DKD are. So that's 8 unbelievable players for League Two. Top 5 or he should be sacked. Serious too...

32 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

A few years ago he was dubbed as a coup on us possibly signing him. Has he done anything since though? Not heard of him for a while

Never got into double figures in a league season.

Played most games for Walsall last year and hardly scored.

He's scored against us a couple of times, but never stood out to me.

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I said 'for now'.  I see no point on having ambitions and having them dashed.  Can't see any hope with these owners

Even under these owners, we should be looking to be promoted out of this division...

55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Even under these owners, we should be looking to be promoted out of this division...

We should be looking to win the FA Cup, The Grand National and Miss World as well

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

We should be looking to win the FA Cup, The Grand National and Miss World as well

Well none of them are realistic. But to get promoted out of a division featuring Sutton, Harrogate, Barrow, Crawley etc is more than achievable. Nobody disputes the owners are jokers but Blackpool, Coventry and Bury have all recently been promoted out of this division despite having crazy owners...

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Never got into double figures in a league season.

Played most games for Walsall last year and hardly scored.

He's scored against us a couple of times, but never stood out to me.

League games for Walsall last season - Played 37 Scored 6

42 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Well none of them are realistic. But to get promoted out of a division featuring Sutton, Harrogate, Barrow, Crawley etc is more than achievable. Nobody disputes the owners are jokers but Blackpool, Coventry and Bury have all recently been promoted out of this division despite having crazy owners...

Despite crazy owners, they had good players. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

But then all I was reading (not necessarily from you) is how brilliant our 5 new signings are and how good Whelan and DKD are. So that's 8 unbelievable players for League Two. Top 5 or he should be sacked. Serious too...

You’re turning into eyresy. . 😂😂😂

22 minutes ago, andya said:

Been comfirmed we are under transfer embargo so not expecting any decent signings now 

Plenty of decent freebies still out there which would defo improve us

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Curle is the first manager under the Lemsagams that I feel has it in him to get us towards the top of the league with an average budget, so expectations from me are higher than normal.  However it already looks like Curle is going to have to deal with a lot of unnecessary shit flying his way from the club that it's reasonable to expect that it will hinder him. 

To what extent is hard to tell, but a full season with a squad of 23 players, Mo marginalised and Abdallah staying largely in the background I'd expect Curle to deliver a top 10 finish based on his previous achievements.

57 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Curle is the first manager under the Lemsagams that I feel has it in him to get us towards the top of the league with an average budget, so expectations from me are higher than normal.  However it already looks like Curle is going to have to deal with a lot of unnecessary shit flying his way from the club that it's reasonable to expect that it will hinder him. 

To what extent is hard to tell, but a full season with a squad of 23 players, Mo marginalised and Abdallah staying largely in the background I'd expect Curle to deliver a top 10 finish based on his previous achievements.

Depends how much is left in the kitty that we are allowed to spend on wages.

Caolan Lavery is around a 1 in 6 striker. Not exactly prolific, but he may enable others to score

Archived