Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the grand scheme of things it’s a drop in the ocean and won’t make much difference to the overall situation.

Thats our two best players from last season gone for ALMOst fu** all!!!

I wouldn't get your hopes up that you'll get much cash out of Boro, let alone up front payments. We've paid up to £900k for that Wycombe striker but he has to practically win the ballon d'or to get all of that 😂

Just now, c_ogden99 said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up that you'll get much cash out of Boro, let alone up front payments. We've paid up to £900k for that Wycombe striker but he has to practically win the ballon d'or to get all of that 😂

We would absolutely bite your hand off for half of that.

1 minute ago, c_ogden99 said:

He’s not a box to box midfielder either as stated in that article. You want him near the opposition’s box not yours or he’ll give you kittens. 

1 minute ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

He’s not a box to box midfielder either as stated in that article. You want him near the opposition’s box not yours or he’ll give you kittens. 

The Northern Echo coverage of Boro is below average at best.

1 hour ago, c_ogden99 said:

Our best player by some distance. Win you a game on his own, but as is often the case with the mercurial type - can go missing at times. 

As Sinnot said- if Warnock doesn’t ask him to work his bollocks off for 90 minutes and plays to his strengths he’s quality. 

4 minutes ago, Whitts said:

To be honest, not sure he is a KC type of player.  

Or Warnock's, however Mo will be claiming it's a great recruitment success for him, fully justifying his Sporting Director role.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Or Warnock's, however Mo will be claiming it's a great recruitment success for him, fully justifying his Sporting Director role.

Warnock usually has room for one mercurial type player in his teams, Bolasie, Tomlin, Taarabt etc 

I wouldn't imagine we'd be paying too much more than quoted for a League 2 player in the last year of his contract. 

Just now, deyres42 said:

Bit of a comedown for Boro considering where they were not long ago. Wish the lad well but it would be a big leap up in class for him.

Don't give Gary Monk £40 million to spend! I think we've only just finished clearing out most of his dross on huge wages. 

31 minutes ago, c_ogden99 said:

Warnock usually has room for one mercurial type player in his teams, Bolasie, Tomlin, Taarabt etc 

I wouldn't imagine we'd be paying too much more than quoted for a League 2 player in the last year of his contract. 

I heard a rumour that, in QPR's Championship promotion winning campaign, Warnock told Taarabt not to turn up for pre-season until the start of August in order for him not to make the dressing room chemistry toxic early on.  Then gave him a free role in an otherwise highly-organised team.

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit of a comedown for Boro considering where they were not long ago. Wish the lad well but it would be a big leap up in class for him.

I don't think he's a Championship player, at least not yet. He'd do well in League One but the Championship could prove to be a bridge too far for him, I'd expect top-class defenders to have him in their pocket in no time.

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I heard a rumour that, in QPR's Championship promotion winning campaign, Warnock told Taarabt not to turn up for pre-season until the start of August in order for him not to make the dressing room chemistry toxic early on.  Then gave him a free role in an otherwise highly-organised team.

Yes I think it was Paddy Kenny who confirmed Warnock just let him do whatever he wanted because he was banging goals in for fun & was better off away from the dressing room.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

According to Twitter, Curle has touted him to Warnock, he obviously doesn't fancy him...

I can believe that. He had him on the bench a few times. A bit too flamboyant for Curly. He wants grafters. 

I am gutted. He was a joy to watch, but i am surprised that Warnock is interested. Still, he deserves his chance at a higher level, and for that reason i'm pleased for him.

46 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

I don't think he's a Championship player, at least not yet. He'd do well in League One but the Championship could prove to be a bridge too far for him, I'd expect top-class defenders to have him in their pocket in no time.

On one on ones he's virtually unstoppable, hence 2 or 3 always closed him down.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

On one on ones he's virtually unstoppable, hence 2 or 3 always closed him down.

I agree, at this level. But there's a big difference between ex-Prem defenders and ex-Conference defenders. I'd like to see the lad do well but jumping up two divisions is a big ask. 

Archived