Transfer Rumours

11 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Jordan Slew apparently 

turn out the fucking lights 

Irrespective of how this guy does in training, he is a 1 in 10 goalscorer... 😱  He is definitely not what we need from a striker and I trust Curle to see that....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Irrespective of how this guy does in training, he is a 1 in 10 goalscorer... 😱  He is definitely not what we need from a striker and I trust Curle to see that....

He only signs players he's seen.😉

18 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Bahamboula due to play for Boro against Bishop Auckland tomorrow.

Curle said he told Warnock to take him for a week to see if he was Championship material. They must want a bit more time, but playing Bishop Auckland won't give them much idea. I wonder if they are paying for the privilege of the trial'

There are many posts on Twitter criticising the size of the fee (£150k) we have ‘agreed’ with Middlesbrough for Bahamboula.  

I am not sure exactly how this amount is in the public domain or even if it is correct.  He is on trial up in the north east and it may be that they decide against taking him on.

What I do know is that anyone, given a chance to play in the Championship following a season in the basement with a struggling team, would be foolish not to consider the opportunity.

if, as is also being reported, Curle proposed the trial period to Warnock then it’s possible that Keith believes he can bring in players more suited to League two with any money we get for Dylan.

Yes it is disappointing that, if he goes, we will not get to see live the big man perform in an Oldham shirt but it does make economic sense given the precarious financial state of the club.

What I hope is that the fee is higher than that being bandied around and also that we do put a decent sell-on clause into the deal.

‘Keith believes he can bring in players more suited to League two withany money we get for Dylan.’

Do you mean by paying bigger salaries? 

Unless the EFL loan is paid off we will still be limited to 22 players and free transfer acquisitions.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

There are many posts on Twitter criticising the size of the fee (£150k) we have ‘agreed’ with Middlesbrough for Bahamboula.  

I am not sure exactly how this amount is in the public domain or even if it is correct.  He is on trial up in the north east and it may be that they decide against taking him on.

What I do know is that anyone, given a chance to play in the Championship following a season in the basement with a struggling team, would be foolish not to consider the opportunity.

if, as is also being reported, Curle proposed the trial period to Warnock then it’s possible that Keith believes he can bring in players more suited to League two with any money we get for Dylan.

Yes it is disappointing that, if he goes, we will not get to see live the big man perform in an Oldham shirt but it does make economic sense given the precarious financial state of the club.

What I hope is that the fee is higher than that being bandied around and also that we do put a decent sell-on clause into the deal.

Agree with what you say, it was obvious from when KC arrived that he wasn’t his type of player , also I don’t understand those criticising selling him because it’s better than being sat on the bench for most games.

One thing in our favour is from the  Edmundson deal is AL will get the best he can.

This is about the only area that he’s generally better than the previous owners😳

1 minute ago, losesome said:

Agree with what you say, it was obvious from when KC arrived that he wasn’t his type of player , also I don’t understand those criticising selling him because it’s better than being sat on the bench for most games.

One thing in our favour is from the  Edmundson deal is AL will get the best he can.

This is about the only area that he’s generally better than the previous owners😳

agree he’s def not curle’s sort of player which is disappointing as with 9 other workmanlike players it’s good to have one match winner. 150k is about right, only done it sporadically in LG 2 and deal is up at end of season. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

The local Boro paper reported the fee...

31 minutes ago, losesome said:

Not sure there's much evidence to support that conclusion given not a single player he's brought in has been sold

Does the embargo prevent us from bringing in loan players or just our reputation?

You must be able to get better players in by contributing to wages rather than signing contracted cheaper players.

Current squad desperately needs 3 or 4 good players if we aren't going to struggle again.

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

Does the embargo prevent us from bringing in loan players or just our reputation?

You must be able to get better players in by contributing to wages rather than signing contracted cheaper players.

Current squad desperately needs 3 or 4 good players if we aren't going to struggle again.

You'd think Manchester United and City could help us out by loaning decent players for nothing. 

However, I guess they wouldn't bat an eye lid if we went to the wall.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:40 PM, al_bro said:

Curle said he told Warnock to take him for a week to see if he was Championship material. They must want a bit more time, but playing Bishop Auckland won't give them much idea. I wonder if they are paying for the privilege of the trial'

He was named on the team sheet rather than being listed as a trailist, unsure whether that means hes signed up yet or not ? Some clubs might just do it differently 

10 hours ago, losesome said:

When we had sold Edmondson we had a season where we had a cup run which netted us £500k Edmondson had made it into the L2 team of the season so his stock was higher abd we were in a position to hold out for a higher fee. Due to the fact he's training with Middlesbrough and Middlesbrough know we are under a transfer embargo then they know they can pick him up on the cheap. Might just have to accept what we are given.

Archived