3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Truth is they should have had 5 or 6. We could have had one but the lack of quality in our side and decision making is startling 

How can it be startling when all you've said is that we're crap? You are getting beyond a joke now. 

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Truth is they should have had 5 or 6. We could have had one but the lack of quality in our side and decision making is startling 

Why is it startling? Isn't this exactly the kind of thing you post on and on and on and on about ad nauseam?

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Defence was poor. Good performance from Iversen.

So, every Derby attack when straight through the defence and Iverson saved them all, bar two?
Latics have relatively young kids in defence, who are, in fact, playing just one level up from non-league.

By all accounts, we didn't get drilled we had chances and knocked it about a bit. Baxter carries a massive threat and will destroy teams when he's fully back. Our strikers were more at the races, Benteke could have scored in the first half. O'Grady was winning stuff and trying to give advantage. Branger was encouraging. As was our young defence, albeit not closing down Mount for the second. I'd take this as a positive. We seem to be making progress, just have to apply that on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Can’t be bothered reading the usual hysterical reactions. 

We were better tonight. I maintain when all are fit and playing we will be ok. Need more movement and composure on the ball up front. Baxter is a class act and will make a difference. He should start Saturday.  A win is coming. 

Mk Dons and Forest Green win again. 

Gerrard in a stupendous debut. 

Iversen - quality couple of saves again no chance with either goal.

Hunt - better tonight. Needs to cross earlier

Graham - looked decent. Didn't do a bad job against miles better players

Edmundson - good game. Good in the air and deserved MOTM. If he does a run out of defence like that again after beating 2 players then goes full length of pitch and doesn't shoot I'll leather him lol

Hamer - quiet game. Didn't have loads to do

Nepo - another who needs to cross earlier or learn to swing his right foot at it

Coke - no idea what he did

Gardner - everywhere again. Good solid game

Branger - likes to get forward needs to cross earlier. Unlucky their keeper pulled off a great save

Benteke - not the best but I won't write him off yet. Maybe should have shot earlier but good save from Carson. Needs a boost of confidence 

O'Grady - won a lot of headers. Touch let's him down at times.

Missile - loves a tackle. Not on long. Needs work on positioning

Baxter - will run a league 2 midfield or attack when fully fit. Beautiful volley. Touch and movement light years ahead of everyone else

20 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Defence was poor. Good performance from Iversen.

Obviously been watching a different game to me.

They are the best side we will play all season unless we get to 3rd round of FA cup.

Defended far better than against MK Dons against far superior opposition.

What do you expect?? They're a top 6 championship team, we are light years behind yet created a few half chances and kept our shape well, play that way against Macclesfield, Morecambe and Yeovil and we pick up points.

Get Branger on left wing and Lang on right play Baxter from start and give him 60 minutes and let's see how we do.

I quite enjoyed that. Wasn't expecting us to win so they didn't let me down on that score. Biggest disappointment for me was nepo his tracking back was non- existent and at times I wasn't sure where he was supposed to be playing. I thought the defence as a whole did quite well against a well drilled Derby side. The keeper looks to be a quality loan signing and we should be OK when we can get 90 minutes out of Jose. Onwards and upwards 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Edmundson - good game. Good in the air and deserved MOTM. If he does a run out of defence like that again after beating 2 players then goes full length of pitch and doesn't shoot I'll leather him lol

Nepo - another who needs to cross earlier or learn to swing his right foot at it

Branger - likes to get forward needs to cross earlier. Unlucky their keeper pulled off a great save

Benteke - not the best but I won't write him off yet. Maybe should have shot earlier but good save from Carson. Needs a boost of confidence 

Baxter - will run a league 2 midfield or attack when fully fit. Beautiful volley. Touch and movement light years ahead of everyone else

Fair assessment  only thing I would say is that I do not rate Nepo, he gets ball and stops and goes backwards he never beats a man, he's the Curacao version of David batty

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

When a comfortable home defeat to a second-string Derby County side is classed as progress it's probably time to fold the club.

If your a young lad then hopefully you will grow up and one day you may post something that doesn't waste my time reading it.

If you're already grown up then you are just after attention or just a complete tool, maybe both !!

Anyway you've had some attention and a bite from me, now jog on !!

I won't waste time reading anymore of your crap .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Agree with most of that but thought Hamer played well

Tonight showed yet again how we are missing that final touch in front of goal.Hopefully that new lad who was introduced may be the answer.I liked it when he said he would do his best and play for the shirt.

Slightly off topic but I like the classy JR sign on the North Stand.The man himself was genuinely  choked up and left with the immortal  words Keep The Faith.

Also the slightly smaller Jimmy Frizzell signboard. 

Motm was Edmundson closely followed by my son for his header of the ball in the second half☺

35 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Twitter is as balanced as ever...

Paul @PaulGreen95 2 minutes ago
Shite from start to finish...

Lee Ingham @linghams_brows 44 minutes ago
Regardless of loss that performance was a lot better

I've upboated this purely because that's my tweet, the positive One! 

Edited by Brisbaneblue

That was much more encouraging.

Iversen solid and two or three good saves again.

Graham was my motm thought he was excellent.

Coke much more involved when he’s played in his correct position. 

Agree about Nepo, I highlighted last season he doesn’t track back and doesn’t challenge. He’s too slow in getting his cross in.

O’Grady much better when he’s someone up there with him.

Benteke too lightweight, speaks volumes we’ve brought a fifth striker in today. Couple of decent efforts but time and again Bunn was doing his nut in with him.

I’d expect at least one other midfielder in before the end of the month. Just like Saturday (albeit much higher level opposition) they waltzed through our middle time and again. Bunn was very angry and cut a frustrated figure time and again on the touch line. I thought some of the players communicated well tonight. Time and again we were in a good position but were too slow to react or made the wrong decision. You can see Bunn and Rhodes kick every ball but our press needs to be more consistent, our decision making needs to improve and our end product needs to be better. Having said that but for two superb saves from Benteke and Bangers, Baxter smashing an absolute blockbuster against the bar and a blatant dive for the first goal which was a clear og it could have been very different. Yes, Derby were better but fine margins won them the game, the second was a mis kick that landed at the guys feet. Get Clarke and Taylor in there, mix up the strikers and sort the midfield and we’ll be more than ok.

Edited by oafcprozac