1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Does anybody else feel a bit of love in with the club at the mo? 

For lots of reasons, I just feel quite good about the club for a change. 

Im alot more optimistic about where we are going now than I was 3 months ago.

The more we win the more the love in as you put it will grow.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 hours ago, Boys in Blue said:

I know some folk don’t rate him but he did the defensive work well even though he wasn’t at his best.

I’ll get slated for saying it, but I’d take that effort over someone who is a 9 out of 10 some weeks but a 3 out of 10 on other weeks. 

Others will see it differently, but Gardner will be important for us this year 

Gardner cost us the goal and could have cost us more by ball watching and letting his man drift right by him.

i got slated the last couple of weeks for pointing out his weaknesses...

Crawley, like MK Dons, were a team of lead baloons. Very much Morais influenced in that respect.

Any more of it and Nena will need to rewrite her song.

We should have run with it...

Crawley Town lead baloons, dropping in the mid-day sun

The referee, and i use that term loosely, had an absolute stinker. One cannot polish a turd. Not even glitter could have masked that display.

As for us, at the beginning of the season, our passing accuracy was around 20%. Yesterday it was around 55%. A marked improvement. Despite doing the hard work and then still giving the ball away, we are gelling very nicely and playing some neat football. 

Improve the accuracy by 20% i.e., not pass it behind the next player, or into the space where the player is expected to be and we will tear most teams a new one every week, home or away.

We are improving every week. Long may it continue.

Edited by L1onheartNew

I think we’ve a long way to go. 

It’s a long season. I’m still nervous about the club’s entire predicament. I’m not confident in our owner, or our squad, and I’m still unsure about our management. 

But I’m delighted with three points. We’ll need them come the end of season one way or another. 

11 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

It’s a long season. I’m still nervous about the club’s entire predicament. I’m not confident in our owner, or our squad, and I’m still unsure about our management. 

But I’m delighted with three points. We’ll need them come the end of season one way or another. 

I agree. Without them, we may have to go through the lottery that is the play offs. 

36 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

What concerns you about the owner specifically?

He made mistakes last year. No question. 

But I think he’s gone a long this year to right his own mistakes. The PR is much better, and there seems to be a real concerted effort on and off the pitch to pull together. IMO that’s showing on the pitch. Performances are getting gradually better and we look to have a real spirit in the group. 

We aren’t with out worries, but things are a lot rosier than May. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddog said:

Controversially (for some bizarre reason) I really enjoyed this hat today. Good win. Can’t pick out a bad performance. And my God, the main thing lacking last season- clear team spirit. Beautiful. 

Be careful you don't get your hat eaten by a bear if it is that nice. (Bonus points for anyone who gets that reference). ?

Seriously, I think you are spot on about the team spirit, that was one of the things that struck me about the away games I've been on this season. No one giving only a half-hearted (or no) effort to applaud the fans. The camaraderie in this squad is much improved from last year and seems like some of the best for a few years. It's like the team and the fans are working towards a common goal and it is us against the league. I know it's a bit cliché but it seems like all those predictions that had us to go down are being used as motivation. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

What concerns you about the owner specifically?

He made mistakes last year. No question. 

But I think he’s gone a long this year to right his own mistakes. The PR is much better, and there seems to be a real concerted effort on and off the pitch to pull together. IMO that’s showing on the pitch. Performances are getting gradually better and we look to have a real spirit in the group. 

We aren’t with out worries, but things are a lot rosier than May. 

Well, the upshot is a mix of what we’ve seen of him in the past year and gut instinct that makes me wary of AL. 

I’m a Gardner fan, please don’t shoot. Granted he gave the ball away far to many times yesterday, but he is always trying something, he drives us forward and his work rate and endeavour are unquestionable. Too many players play the easy option for fear of making mistakes.

Edited by meat pie sausage roll

As others have said, didn't think Gardner was at his best(not been for a few games) but he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. His work rate, comfort on the ball and willingness to drive us forward make a massive difference. When JBB dropped into cm with him the composure of those two on the ball was excellent. It allows you to start to control the game and ultimately win.

First twenty minutes a walk in the park.  Referee was doing well but every time a Crawley player goes down they have been told to hold their heads and he fell for it.  He then gives a contested dropped ball instead of having it passed back to Iversen.  (To give him his due Morais actually told the ref to do this later on)

So Crawley score, Iversen could have done better but so could the whole team.  Then it was how many passes can Dan misdirect.  Can't fault his energy it is just the passing.

But we pressed on and with the arrival of first Surridge and then Lang I felt a winner was inevitable.

A win is a win is a win and we are 6th.  There is a gulf between leagues one and two and I'm confident of a top seven finish as we will get better.

38 minutes ago, Hands on said:

First twenty minutes a walk in the park.  Referee was doing well but every time a Crawley player goes down they have been told to hold their heads and he fell for it.  He then gives a contested dropped ball instead of having it passed back to Iversen.  (To give him his due Morais actually told the ref to do this later on)

I actually preferred the contested drop ball - 50% chance of winning it back 30 yards from their goal, rather than starting from the back again. 

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

I actually preferred the contested drop ball - 50% chance of winning it back 30 yards from their goal, rather than starting from the back again. 

Maybe but the injustice was their lad play acting because a ball hit him on the body somewhere,  we were in down the left and putting them under a sustained amount of pressure only for the ref to blow when he had absolutely no need too, if it's not an head injury he shouldn't be blowing and it's as simple as that, they then get a 50/50 chance of getting a ball back which we held in the attacking third. To rub salt in the lad jumps straight back up to his feet remains on the pitch they win the 50/50 and go up the other end and score - fucking farcical and all because the referee was weak as piss.

It happened all afternoon and is the one thing thats pissing me off this season and something you rarely saw in lower league football - fannies rolling around like they've been shot and holding their heads like they've had a bat wrapped around it. 

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

Yeah but you’ve stated  that Jack Byrne is better than the likes of Dembele, Kanchelskis and Petrov just to name a few, so I can’t take you serious anymore. ???

I think the fact he went down with no head injury, didn't have the physio on and remained on the pitch was a joke. Ref has bought it massively and they broke up our attack. Seems a lot worse in league 2 than it ever was on league 1. MK were an absolute disgrace. As much as I hate it, like us against FGR I hope we employ the same tactics throughout the season. We've missed that cunning side to our teams for a while. If the refs are that weak we may as well take advantage as everyone else seems to

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I think the fact he went down with no head injury, didn't have the physio on and remained on the pitch was a joke. Ref has bought it massively and they broke up our attack. Seems a lot worse in league 2 than it ever was on league 1. MK were an absolute disgrace. As much as I hate it, like us against FGR I hope we employ the same tactics throughout the season. We've missed that cunning side to our teams for a while. If the refs are that weak we may as well take advantage as everyone else seems to

Please delete this. This topic brought that wanker Magister out of the woodwork last time. ??. Hey magister your getting sloppy sweetheart- only the 9 downvotes today ? Xx

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe but the injustice was their lad play acting because a ball hit him on the body somewhere,  we were in down the left and putting them under a sustained amount of pressure only for the ref to blow when he had absolutely no need too, if it's not an head injury he shouldn't be blowing and it's as simple as that, they then get a 50/50 chance of getting a ball back which we held in the attacking third. To rub salt in the lad jumps straight back up to his feet remains on the pitch they win the 50/50 and go up the other end and score - fucking farcical and all because the referee was weak as piss.

It happened all afternoon and is the one thing thats pissing me off this season and something you rarely saw in lower league football - fannies rolling around like they've been shot and holding their heads like they've had a bat wrapped around it. 

Oh yeah, the stopping of play was completely bollocks. I meant that if there is to be a drop ball, I'd rather take my chances and contest it rather than have it lobbed back to the keeper to start over.